Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except he can shoot and you won't be able to not guard him over the years

If Rubio or rondo could shoot even average their ceilings would have been much higher of course without the injuries

Now you factor in balls height and solid athelcism, you see he's nothing like Rubio

The jury is still wayyyy out on him as a shooter though. He shot like cheeks in summer league and pre season.

To me it looks like Zo doesn't really have a catalog of moves in his head or doesn't quite grasp how to read his defender off the dribble moreso than anything but we'll see. Pick and roll is just lack of experience

an article on THEATHLETIC.COM(I don't have subscription)............

Here's an excerpt:

"One day during the three years LeBron James and Kyrie Irving spent as teammates, Drederick Irving was exiting the Cavs’ locker room when Randy Mims was entering. Mims, one of James’ lifelong friends and an official Cavs employee, reached out his hand to slap Drederick five. But Dred, Irving’s father, pulled his own arm back and refused the gesture.

When James later asked Irving about the incident and if there was something wrong, Irving said his father believed they shouldn’t be “fraternizing with the enemy.” Three sources with knowledge of the exchange independently confirmed it to The Athletic, revealing just a glimmer of light into a fractured relationship that both men hid well during their time together."

:smh:

Except he can shoot and you won't be able to not guard him over the years

If Rubio or rondo could shoot even average their ceilings would have been much higher of course without the injuries

Now you factor in balls height and solid athelcism, you see he's nothing like Rubio

Rubio had serious injury issues his whole career that have limited his ceiling.

Rondo was a legitimate all-star and had multiple dominant finals/playoff performances.

Also I think we need to wait and see on Lonzo's shot.

For those who think Fox gonna be a star...a couple years from now when he’s still not shooting the 3 n he’s basically Elfrid Payton...then what ?

He already looks better than Elfrid ever has, has better scoring instincts and his form isn't completely broken. But if he doesn't pan out, then he just doesn't pan out.

Rubio had serious injury issues his whole career that have limited his ceiling.

Rondo was a legitimate all-star and had multiple dominant finals/playoff performances.

Also I think we need to wait and see on Lonzo's shot.
Exactly my point, they both were effective without a threat of a jumper. I don't see ball being a non shooter like they are

We don't know if Lonzo can shoot though

From his Free Throw shooting, to his technique, to his inability to create a shot for himself off the bounce, has no midrange game at this point, yeahhh the question marks with his shooting are valid

Zo plays basketball like football.

When Pelinka was calling him Rodgers and Brady I just rolled my eyes. But watching him he makes those quick passes like throwing it to a wideout for a quick screen, or a slant route, under pressure. He’ll also throw those Hail Mary passes across the court.

From the jump I said "Dudes was calling him a bust and was silent when he played good" Which ya'll were til it was pointed out.

You playing dumb like it wasn't a huge gap in the responses from his bad game to his good games. :lol: Like I said we know who's biased for certain players.

Don't worry I got you fam.

Exhibit A: immediately after Lonzo's 1st summer league game

Screenshot_20171019-113620.jpg
Screenshot_20171019-113836.jpg

VS

The Game vs the Sixers where he had 36/11/8/5/2

So as I said keep that same energy from when he struggles as when he does well.

Last edited:
Again you think he's going to be Rubio esque shooter over his career? I don't see that

Only time will tell. Mechanically, Rubio is fine minus the low arc. Lonzo got all kinds of stuff holding him back from shooting off the dribble. And he wants no part of scoring off the dribble in PNR thus far.

It’s too early to say he can/can’t shoot

We don't know if Lonzo can shoot though

From his Free Throw shooting, to his technique, to his inability to create a shot for himself off the bounce, has no midrange game at this point, yeahhh the question marks with his shooting are valid
If you believe he'll be Rubio shooting status for his career I'll disagree with ya. That's all I'm saying

I don't know if he'll be elite, I do believe if you leave him unguarded be will be able to hurt you, if not this season, in the years to come

Only time will tell. Mechanically, Rubio is fine minus the low arc. Lonzo got all kinds of stuff holding him back from shooting off the dribble. And he wants no part of scoring off the dribble in PNR thus far.

It’s too early to say he can/can’t shoot

See this is what I was talking about :lol:. Dudes with broke as jumpers have sound mechanics but a guy who never ran pnr can't develop into a pnr player. There's a reason every pg under mda puts up numbers. It's not that hard to run

*Watches games*
*doesn't understand how stats are used in concert with watching*
*Calls people who do nerds*
This is you. I don't know what everyone in here does but I do know that the people who are working with/around high level players in this thread all seem to get it. Wonder why that is?

Ok. **** is your point? It's people that agree with the stuff I say too. I just happen to disagree with some of the popular takes in here.

Dudes in here think Jokic is better or as good as Boogie, nobody outside of NT thinks that.

Dudes in here thought Steph was a better player than Lebron.

Dudes think Steph is close to Magic nobody outside of this thread think that ****.

So if we pointing out bias, tell the full story but ya'll never do that.

sabu.png

with the new schedule and season starting early, did they pretty much eliminating back to backs? how do you feel about that?
always enjoyed seeing teams go through those crazy stretches. 4 in 5, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom