• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Christian Laettner Pre-Achilles (92-93 to 97-9 8): 16.6 PPG, 8 RPG, 3 APG, 1 SPG, 1 BPG

Christian Laettner Post-Achilles (98-99 to 04-05): 8.5 PPG, 5 RPG, 2 APG, 1 SPG, .5 BPG

Medicine and surgical procedures have largely advanced since those times. Tough to read though, hope Cousins bounces back.

Cousins does rely on being really agile and moving well. I wouldn't put money on him being the same player.

I think he was fundamentally sound and crafty before the injury, those shouldn't be real issues coming off the injury. He wasn't an explosive player. Modern medicine is something else, Rudy Gay looked pretty good post injury. Think he's the most recent.

Yeah Gay is the most recent if we're considering him a "big"

He looked decent but definitely not the same, he's also 31 now though with tons of miles on him. Cousins is 27 going on 28 in August, there's definitely hope for him but I'm not holding my breath

I think he was fundamentally sound and crafty before the injury, those shouldn't be real issues coming off the injury. He wasn't an explosive player. Modern medicine is something else, Rudy Gay looked pretty good post injury. Think he's the most recent.
gay played limited minutes and was decent. Not the same.

His name is boogie. Dude might not have been jumping out the building etc but being that agile and moving well for a big man was his thing.
Modern medicine can only do so much. Ain't wishing injuries or him being washed up .
Just wouldn't want my squad throwing money on him.

Yeah I dont really see Boogie's footwork changing all that much due to the injury. He will still be a solid low post player.

I don’t think Boogie will come back the same player either but that doesn’t mean he’ll come back worse. He will def have to develop more post moves and back to the basket type play. Get in the gym with Olajuwon Boog!

Yeah Gay is the most recent if we're considering him a "big"

He looked decent but definitely not the same, he's also 31 now though with tons of miles on him. Cousins is 27 going on 28 in August, there's definitely hope for him but I'm not holding my breath

best case is elton brand or sabonis, but i wouldn't max someone who is close to 300 lbs coming off that. sabonis could pass the rock and was able to score without that athleticism. it would take boogie some time to adjust. teams should definitely have him on a one yr deal

also, gay was a role player. you are not going to throw near 200Ms for someone to be a role guy

Cousins is well worth the risk. What do the Lakers have to lose? He’s not hurting their rebuild by signing with them for a couple years whenever they have this much cap space.

cp is washed. rox better not give him the bag in the summer or they are handcuffing themselves

Cousins is well worth the risk. What do the Lakers have to lose? He’s not hurting their rebuild by signing with them for a couple years whenever they have this much cap space.

Our core is trending upward without him

Let the mavs max him out

Attachments

• CC3A1E8D-2088-40F9-B092-A1BBC3C694A9.jpeg
    CC3A1E8D-2088-40F9-B092-A1BBC3C694A9.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 20
Boogie just blew out his Achilles and there is a history of good players not being the same after the injury
He's not worth the max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom