Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Colangelo article:

In February, The Ringer received an anonymous tip that Bryan Colangelo, the Philadelphia 76ers’ president of basketball operations, had been secretly operating five Twitter accounts.

On Tuesday, May 22, I emailed the Sixers and shared the names of two of the accounts, phila1234567 and Eric jr (I did not disclose our suspicions about the other three accounts, one of which, Still Balling, had been active earlier that day; I did this to see whether the partial disclosure would trigger any changes to the other accounts).

That afternoon, within hours of the call, all three of the accounts I hadn’t discussed with the team switched from public to private, effectively taking them offline—including one (HonestAbe) that hadn’t been active since December. The Still Balling account, which had been tweeting daily, has not posted since the morning of the 22nd (I had already been following Still Balling with an anonymous account of my own, which allowed me to see activity after it went private). Since I contacted the Sixers, Still Balling has unfollowed 37 accounts with ties to Colangelo, including several of his son’s college basketball teammates, a former coach from his son’s high school, and an account that shares the same name as the agent Warren LeGarie, who has represented Colangelo in the past.

To me It's pretty obvious it's Colangelo's accounts, or he has a buddy helping him out that Colangelo knows about.

This entire situation is so weird and disturbing he is bound to be canned. Players cannot trust him whatsoever.

Hinkie being on the other end is the only thing that could be more wild than the story itself.

Also that technology is freaky.

from another forum :lol:

"Lawd have mercy on this forum when DJ Augustin starts over Trae Young on opening night."

Clifford might have been one of the worst hires they could have made. He’s never developed any of his young players into anything and hates playing rookies over vets.

Clifford might have been one of the worst hires they could have made. He’s never developed any of his young players into anything and hates playing rookies over vets.

Nah Kemba flourished under him. I can’t blame him for MKG, kaminsky, or Zeller.

I don’t think he’s a bad coach but he’s the typical Orlando Magic hire.

So if it wasn't BC, but it was Jerry Colangelo behind the tweets, what happens next?

Can BC file a slander lawsuit against The Ringer?

I don't think it was BC but it has to be someone from his immediate family. JC makes the Most sense. But what happens now?

Its been a trend with these type of coaching hires for the Magic...I thought it might change with new management but this might be a deeper, ownership type of thing going on in Orlando. We'll really see who running things with the draft pick and if they target low ceiling, supposedly "solid" vets in free agency to get a low playoff spot.. O well i'll just save my money on Magic tix when I'm in Florida

The best part is the tipster coming from a machine learning/AI background.. if this ends up being Hinkie this will officially be one of the funniest stories in the history of sports.

and if it will lead to Hinkie's return and wins a chip, it will be one of the greatest comebacks in history.

Nah Kemba flourished under him. I can’t blame him for MKG, kaminsky, or Zeller.

I don’t think he’s a bad coach but he’s the typical Orlando Magic hire.

I don’t think he’s a terrible coach, but I think he’s a really bad fit. I’m not giving him any credit for Kemba, I think he would have been that type of player anywhere. His handling of Monk this year was awful. Seemed like he basically put him in the doghouse from the beginning of the season.

I don’t think he’s a terrible coach, but I think he’s a really bad fit. I’m not giving him any credit for Kemba, I think he would have been that type of player anywhere. His handling of Monk this year was awful. Seemed like he basically put him in the doghouse from the beginning of the season.

Kemba is up for debate but with bringing in Dwight, you gotta assume there was a playoff mandate from MJ. With that being said, Monk was scorching hot awful up until the last 5 games of the season. Can’t say they handled that wrong when dude was a sub 30% shooter most of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom