• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, Bron. He did say the last thing that’s left for him to accomplish is averaging 80%+ from the stripe. Gotta start somewhere.

I think Ingram is going to be nice. People diving into stats this early into the season is crazy to me. Think I saw that he was shooting 50% from 3 coming into last night, but I had never saw it here which I thought was crazy ‘cause the most random stats ever live here. Why do people think Zo’s shot will eventually start falling but Ingram’s numbers are written in stone?

D'Lo wasn't a proven scorer though. His role with the Nets now is not what it would be with the Lakers were he still here. They are trying to force Ingram into that position we'll see how he continues to grow into that role. Could it have worked with D'Lo, possibly but KCP has been fine and is better defensively so I'm fine with the fit.

I don't think they drafted Zo as a franchise guy for his scoring prowess, he impacts the team in so many other ways, his scoring is and will be a bonus. The team has put 8 quarters of good defense together and Zo has been a big part of that which was something that was supposed to be a big weakness of his. And not making shots at this point isn't a real concern for me because the quality of shots he's getting. I don't think he's a 30% shooter they'll fall enough eventually.

They could be 1-3 or worth better execution we could be 3-1.

He averaged 15 a game last year in his second year. He was absolutely a proven commodity as a scorer. KCP can't dribble, so no, it isn't a good fit. Doesn't matter if they didn't draft Zo to be a scorer, the point is that they traded their best scorer and then drafted a non scorer to lead a franchise. You can't win in the NBA with your best player being a non scorer, at the end of the day that is the most important thing you can do on a court. No one is saying he's a 30% shooter but he's not just not scoring for no reason. The exact same issues going into college are still here. That's who he is as a player as it stands. Could change but likely he won't suddenly become a great scorer. That's not how this works. Brandon being a bum as a scorer isn't helping at all either. Just bad management for no reason other than trying to be cute instead of paying attention to the teams make up

Damn, Bron. He did say the last thing that’s left for him to accomplish is averaging 80%+ from the stripe. Gotta start somewhere.

I think Ingram is going to be nice. People diving into stats this early into the season is crazy to me. Think I saw that he was shooting 50% from 3 coming into last night, but I had never saw it here which I thought was crazy ‘cause the most random stats ever live here. Why do people think Zo’s shot will eventually start falling but Ingram’s numbers are written in stone?

Who said any of that about BI? He's continuing to improve as he did towards the end of last season. Magic put pressure on the kid with that 20 ppg thing and you can see him pressing at times instead of playing to his strengths. He no doubt has talent despite what some of these guys on here say.

Forcing him to be the go to guy.

As they ******* should force that dude to be. That’s why they defatted him. Expectation is that he’d be a 20 PPG scorer by end of this season. And he should given his drafted spot/hype/the fact he was drafted to ******* score

As they ****ing should force that dude to be. That’s why they defatted him. Expectation is that he’d be a 20 PPG scorer by end of this season. And he should given his drafted spot/hype/the fact he was drafted to ****ing score
well we're 4 games in and we are 2-2 ...
maybe he doesnt have to be a 20ppg scorer this year...trending upward and putting up 15-17 would be progess

Kcp and Ingram are right there with clarkson and kuz as their best players, Randle and ball are slightly behind them

It's really not a gap in caliber tbh

They need more consistency out of all of the above

Definitely wouldn't mind seeing Lebby with them tbh, if he's gonna leave

addict4sneakers addict4sneakers did you say Earl Watson Elite Fam? Really?

:rofl:

maxresdefault.jpg

He averaged 15 a game last year in his second year. He was absolutely a proven commodity as a scorer. KCP can't dribble, so no, it isn't a good fit. Doesn't matter if they didn't draft Zo to be a scorer, the point is that they traded their best scorer and then drafted a non scorer to lead a franchise. You can't win in the NBA with your best player being a non scorer, at the end of the day that is the most important thing you can do on a court. No one is saying he's a 30% shooter but he's not just not scoring for no reason. The exact same issues going into college are still here. That's who he is as a player as it stands. Could change but likely he won't suddenly become a great scorer. That's not how this works. Brandon being a bum as a scorer isn't helping at all either. Just bad management for no reason other than trying to be cute instead of paying attention to the teams make up

We'll just have to agree to disagree. KCP is a better defender and the major issue with a Ball/D'Lo backcourt was defense. Since everybody is using the small sample size to make proclamations he's putting up those same 16 D'Lo was.

As far as the scorer/non-scorer thing it actually does matter what they want him to do. His main function is to get other guys involved. They have plenty of other guys who want to score even though they may not be the best at it. JC, Kuz, Randle, BI, KCP, Brook all want to get shots up.

I'm really wondering what y'all watched on him or is expecting him to do? There was a reason why everybody was comparing him to Kidd coming out. Getting 14 shots a game so far and a lot of wide open ones is fine to me. *shrugs*

Who said any of that about BI? He's continuing to improve as he did towards the end of last season. Magic put pressure on the kid with that 20 ppg thing and you can see him pressing at times instead of playing to his strengths. He no doubt has talent despite what some of these guys on here say.

Agree about magic applying pressure, but most of the dudes here, including laker fans said BI was trash. It’s kinda evidenced by your last sentence. After the first nets game I restated that I thought the Lakers made a mistake in getting rid of Russ and drafting Zo. I thought they should have kept BI and Russ. “Looting in a riot” was thrown around like it was an anomaly that the dude score 20 something. Since, I’ve seen others say he’s balling. I think BI will grow into the league just like Russ is doing, but I think Ingram will be A better score than Russ by the middle of next season.

Anyway go Lakers.

Edit: and I hope I’m wrong about Zo.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. KCP is a better defender and the major issue with a Ball/D'Lo backcourt was defense. Since everybody is using the small sample size to make proclamations he's putting up those same 16 D'Lo was.

As far as the scorer/non-scorer thing it actually does matter what they want him to do. His main function is to get other guys involved. They have plenty of other guys who want to score even though they may not be the best at it. JC, Kuz, Randle, BI, KCP, Brook all want to get shots up.

I'm really wondering what y'all watched on him or is expecting him to do? There was a reason why everybody was comparing him to Kidd coming out. Getting 14 shots a game so far and a lot of wide open ones is fine to me. *shrugs*

It's not off these few games, stop it. We've been saying this for over a year. As far as compared to Dlo...he's scoring less, far less efficiently, in 7 more minutes as a starter. Dlo was far and away a better scorer. Jason is a lazy comp, but even he didn't succeed next to non scorers. He's getting wide open shots because teams are giving him shots. He's not creating anything for himself. That. Is. The. Issue. We can agree to disagree though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom