Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yall really listened to damn and thought it was overly woke? Lol

It's not at all, in fact it resembles Good Kid a lot in that it was a return to him trying to find a balance between being "deep" and making hit records, that balance that was missing with Butterfly.

What total package does Future have? Lyrics are wild trash. Makes good music though.

Man so he can come in here and try to break down some basic bars about sipping lean?

96C9F234-B5D7-46F0-8A6A-B3D59790D5E7.gif

Lol if that's all y'all think Future raps about.

him and j cole... that fake nerd to woke bs.... i like both a little but when people act like they new tupac and nas ...both overrated af. if this was the 2000s kendrick would be talib kweli.

giphy (1)dddd.gif
It's funny to me when people give out these "fake woke" labels. Like it's something wrong with being aware as black men, talk about what goes on in your community, using your music to let out frustration. That's the core of hip hop.

There's rappers out here that are flat out better than Kendrick and don't use the "I'm pro black america" aesthetic to pander to an audience that is extremely hesitant to be critical about it.

Is Aubrey one of them?

Using "pro black" to pander to who exactly? Those same critics haven't had a problem condemning such artists before.

There's rappers out here that are flat out better than Kendrick and don't use the "I'm pro black america" aesthetic to pander to an audience that is extremely hesitant to be critical about it.
thats why i mostly listen to underground.its more real and dudes dont care about album sales and all that other ish. dont care what is popular or not.

i like kendrick and cole. they are good rappers but nothing great to me.over hyped by the masses tho. dont get me started on drake. dude is trash and kendrick and cole are 1000x the artist he is.
didnt care much for tpab tho it does have a few bangers i fd with . damn was much better imo.

It's funny to me when people give out these "fake woke" labels. Like it's something wrong with being aware as black men, talk about what goes on in your community, using your music to let out frustration. That's the core of hip hop.

Nah man we should just stick to talking about shooting, robbing and selling drugs to each other.

People tell on themselves with the "plant" & "critic rap" comments.

They listened to butterfly, hated it, & just skimmed thru Damn.

They didn't really listen to it.

I loved TPAB, but I understand why some people wouldn't be a fan of the production since it was such a deviation from his previous stuff, but the actual content of the project was excellent. Hope none of these dudes are KRIT fans though cause he been on the jazzy, soul beat tip for a minute.

If somebody calls DAMN a woke album or critic bait I can't really take them seriously though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom