• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lonzo needs shooters around him. At UCLA pretty much all the players around him got the shot up as soon as they were open. I have no clue what Luke Walton is running, seems like a bunch of random Isos mixed with a little bit of what the warriors running, only without the right personnel to execute it.

This is false. His 1st 8 games are really similar. D'Lo was at 9/3/3. Was extremely passive early on at times as well. I think Zo is a better passer and rebounder and been decent on defense early on.
DLo also didn't have the keys like Lonzo did and was forced to play with washed Kobe.
Rebounding is a bit irrelevant at the pg position and what good is your passing if you're a complete non-scoring threat?

Was D'Lo playing with Kobe his first 8 games?

6 of those games but Kobe was only averaging 16 shots a game.

The 2 games Kobe didn't play he took only 6 shots and 15 respectively.

The Lakers similarly are running most of the offense through BI and Brook now.

Part of it is no doubt Zo's mentality but again the half court offense is pretty limited and they don't have him playing off ball.

Lonzo needs shooters around him. At UCLA pretty much all the players around him got the shot up as soon as they were open. I have no clue what Luke Walton is running, seems like a bunch of random Isos mixed with a little bit of what the warriors running, only without the right personnel to execute it.

This ain't NCAA get outta here with that. This NBA where stars in NCAA can't even survive the D League.

Lonzo is looking exactly like the player i expected first year, extremely smart & poised, a great passer, will flourish on the break & is gonna take awhile for him to find out how to score consistently in the NBA. he's by far surpassed my expectations defensively.

i'm hoping he develops a floater/post game earlier in his career, that will open things up for him even more. and as the season goes he will learn to attack more, he's too smart of a player not too.

Ingram is the same thing... can handle the ball, gets to the rack rather easily & is starting to show his value as a defender. He just needs to improve his shot selection & stop making things more difficult then they have to be. But he's played a lot more under control & hasn't been forcing it like he did to start the season.

If the core of your offense in 2017 involves starting and posting up Brook Lopez for a third of the game, you have no need for a Lonzo Ball

Reactions: MVP
6 of those games but Kobe was only averaging 16 shots a game.

The 2 games Kobe didn't play he took only 6 shots and 15 respectively.

The Lakers similarly are running most of the offense through BI and Brook now.

ONLY averaging 16 shots a game? Bruh that's a ton of shots the Lakers don't have a single player right now who comes close to that :lol:

And Lonzo's playing 34 minutes a night compared to D'Lo who w/o looking i'm sure wasn't close to that.

The 2 games Kobe didn't play he shot 15 times, and 6 times. So essentially the comparison is baseless. Two totally different contexts.

D'Lo wasn't heating things up his rookie year either, instead he was getting the same nauseating scrutiny every game that Lonzo is gonna get all season. hell the same scrutiny D'lo got last season despite playing relatively well. Expect up & downs especially when the PG isn't a scorer from jump.

ONLY averaging 16 shots a game? Bruh that's a ton of shots the Lakers don't have a single player right now who comes close to that :lol:

And Lonzo's playing 34 minutes a night compared to D'Lo who w/o looking i'm sure wasn't close to that.

The 2 games Kobe didn't play he shot 15 times, and 6 times. So essentially the comparison is baseless. Two totally different contexts.

There's BI at 13, Brook at 12, and Clarkson at 10 most of who he's always on the floor with (and usually more than just one of them at a time) it's similar in that aspect.

Lonzo before tonight was averaging 12 shots a game, had been in double digit shot attempts in 5 of the 7 games so he is capable, it's a mindset thing, if he can hover right aound 10 attempts a game he'll be really effective. Can't go completely ghost like he did tonight.

D'Lo wasn't heating things up his rookie year either, instead he was getting the same nauseating scrutiny every game that Lonzo is gonna get all season. hell the same scrutiny D'lo got last season despite playing relatively well. Expect up & downs especially when the PG isn't a scorer from jump.
DLo and Lonzo got two different play styles though
DLo was supposed to be that first or second option scorer while Lonzo is expected to be more of a floor general.

While I defended DLo numerous times during last season because he was just in his second year, he can be lethargic and unmotivated at times, and it doesn’t help when you are expected to score 15 to 20 ppg.

Lonzo got different expectations by management. He has fulfilled already most of them except the scoring part, but he will figure that out and everyone knows his shooting mechanics are the worst part of his game.

Last 2 years we pretty much got blown out by Trail Blazers almost every game, and never have been this close like tonight.

Of course the team has changed almost completely but I like the trend it’s going. The culture is more team oriented than before.

They've played how many minutes together? Ball fits much better with the bench unit

They've played about 100 minutes together so far. Not crazy amount of minutes so far but they're a net negative. Net Rating of Minus -18.8

Wouldn't make too much of it though. Especially right now.

Was that when he had that crazy stretch of line 30-50 pt games?
Yeeeea bro. His scoring out put was ridiculous. Averaged 40 for like 2 months loll. Plus the 81 jalen rose throwback juice. Plus 'the shot' that put us up 3-1 over phx...damn tim thomas.

That kobe got me through some hellllllla rough times as a lakers fan in those time periods of trash rosters. Bro was so ready for shaq to be traded back in 05. Legit went on the warpath for about 8 yrs. He hated everybody. Legend.

Lakers start out in such a deficit early because of this starting 5.
I'm so tired of having to SWord on Luke for his rotations. I'd rather see Byron Sc.....meh that's a lie. Good job Luke. Keep up the good work.

Serious question.
WTF is the Laker plan, now? This Season?
Trying to win or lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom