• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bunch of gossip girl ish going on. Worried about who athletes sticking they d in.

Dlo vs lonzo but theyll probably have kcp guard dlo.
Meh, he should play well today. The nets basically invite that.

It ain't about the boxscore with Zo this early though. Rookies are bad. It's the actual moves. Can he play on the right side of the floor, can he show some sort of shake off the dribble? Can he get to the rim, and play in the midrange consistently? Can he show signs of putting pressure on the defense? Stuff like that you should be looking for.

Before last night he had been fine in getting shots off in almost every game.

He's utilized the floater, midrange (on one of his shots last night) and of course his favorite step back shots. They two former mentioned should be used in more frequency but he has used them nonetheless, he's not getting his shot blocked every time down. Also I'd disagree with the pick n roll assessment, he's run that pretty well, he just doesn't look to score he is making the right pass 90% of the time though.
Getting off good, clean looks? I disagree. He has struggled to create space from defenders. That's been very obvious in the games that I've seen him play so far.

It's bad when Charles Barkley can see it. It's not to say that he'll never get better at it, but just calling this an "aggressiveness" thing is very dismissive of concerns that people had of him coming out of school. He does not have any wiggle. He's limited to straight line drives. If his best move to create a shot is a 30 foot step back then defenders are going to live with that all day.

Getting off good, clean looks? I disagree. He has struggled to create space from defenders. That's been very obvious in the games that I've seen him play so far.

It's bad when Charles Barkley can see it. It's not to say that he'll never get better at it, but just calling this an "aggressiveness" thing is very dismissive of concerns that people had of him coming out of school. He does not have any wiggle. He's limited to straight line drives. If his best move to create a shot is a 30 foot step back then defenders are going to live with that all day.
agreed. You can be as aggressive as you want. If you don't have the moves to create space and or ability to put the ball in the hoop your aggression is worthless.

He definitely been getting clean looks. In the Wizards and Pelicans game he was getting clean looks. Few of his shots was going in and out and he was just missing.

Reactions: MVP

And I've seen him get off multiple clean looks, the majority of his shots have been clean looks, so I'm wondering what you're actually watching.

is he creating the looks with his moves...or is the defense just collapsing and he's finding himself open?

Clean looks going left? Sure. Making shots on the left side of the floor, sure.

But as you can see, teams are sitting on his left now and getting back on defense against him.

That's why Lonzo making shots on the left side of the floor or trying to shoot on that side of the floor isn't encouraging. We knew that already.

Him not being able to dribble is a much bigger problem that him not being able to get his shot off by the way. He literally is almost 2 seconds away from coughing it up whenever pressure is applied.

Last edited:
Y'all are talking as if he's getting his shot constantly blocked or if everything is contested. In the shots he is getting they're clean looks. Y'all want him to do something else right now that's clearly not playing to his strenghts, makes no sense.

Y'all are talking as if he's getting his shot constantly blocked or if everything is contested. In the shots he is getting they're clean looks. Y'all want him to do something else right now that's clearly not playing to his strenghts, makes no sense.

Fam what?

Just because you don't get your shot blocked or not shooting contested ones doesn't mean they're clean looks. The shots that are there that he can't get up because of his handles and technique are more revealing. Example:

You're only citing the shots that he's shooting, not the shots that he can't even shoot because of his handle and technique. Those are red flags and he'll have to use an array of floaters and tricks in order to change this.

Outta of the 60 jump shots he's attempted only 3 have been blocked.

Last night was the first time he had a shot blocked that wasn't in the paint.

Reactions: MVP
Thing about Lonzo being good is he's a 19 year old PG. He's probably 2-3 years away.

Of course the Lakers gave up on DeAngelo Russell in that timeframe, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom