• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of your concerns are legitimate, it's just people are conflating different issues and making blatantly false statements as far as his ability to get shots and clean looks.

That's a facet of his game that right now I'm not alarmed about because everything else is as good as advertised, he's been a bonus defensively, and he's looked fine running the P & R and making the right play out of it. Him going right pulling up is a small thing to me, I've seen him take floaters, a couple mid range jumpers, even put people in jail a couple times, so the ability is there. He just needs more repetition.

To be fair, everything he was supposed to be good at, he has been, that's true. He's even been better than I thought he would be on defense

The issue is that the things he isn't good at are serious red flags that put a hard ceiling on a player if he doesn't change them. Forget the midrange jumper going right, he doesn't go right period he only goes left but can barely dribble with any speed with his left hand. That's the concern. No high level point guard has these sort of serious impediments. But it is 8 games so we'll see.

Zizic and osman playing tonight
tumblr_inline_oytkumJlCS1ry9plq_500.jpg

is he creating the looks with his moves...or is the defense just collapsing and he's finding himself open?
Thank you. I feel like this is clearly what I'm implying. Sometimes you can tell who hoops or not. :lol:

This phrase needs to be retired from NT like yesterday

Man playing basketball in your life isn't some special knowledge award, every kid who grew up in a city did it.
If youre struggling with understanding with basic things like getting looks, it really seems like people don't understand basic basketball. Clearly, when he gets the ball wide open there's no issue. He's "getting off" shots with ease. The problem is that when he faces defensive pressure, he really struggled to get off a good shot. It does seem like people haven't hooped if that's hard to understand.

Biggest problem is that with a polarizing prospect, especially one who plays for the Lakers, you can't make a simple observation without someone caping or accusing you of hating. I'm not making an judgment on the fate of his career, but when you talk about guy potentially being the face of a franchise and best player on a good team, then these are convos that you have and it's definitely something to monitor.

lakers needed to get out of bad contracts
team brought in 6 new players.
young core was still move forward with d'lo...they all rocked with each other off the court anyway...nick young was still hangiing with him after the fact

Lol. They did not rock with each other.

If youre struggling with understanding with basic things like getting looks, it really seems like people don't understand basic basketball. Clearly, when he gets the ball wide open there's no issue. He's "getting off" shots with ease. The problem is that when he faces defensive pressure, he really struggled to get off a good shot. It does seem like people haven't hooped if that's hard to understand.

Biggest problem is that with a polarizing prospect, especially one who plays for the Lakers, you can't make a simple observation without someone caping or accusing you of hating. I'm not making an judgment on the fate of his career, but when you talk about guy potentially being the face of a franchise and best player on a good team, then these are convos that you have and it's definitely something to monitor.

I'm not even talking about you in specific, I just don't get why people here always post "Yo I ball" like it's some exclusive club. "Having hooped" is like the world's lowest standard for having some type of knowledge. Basketball is the second most popular sport in the world for people to play :lol:

More likely than not the dude you disagree with has played plenty of basketball, you just have a different option than him (again, speaking in general)

I'm not even talking about you in specific, I just don't get why people here always post "Yo I ball" like it's some exclusive club. "Having hooped" is like the world's lowest standard for having some type of knowledge. Basketball is the second most popular sport in the world for people to play :lol:
Fair point. And players use the same tactic to discredit analysts and writers all the time. I should know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom