OFFICIAL NBA 2018 NBA Draft & Rookie Thread: NT SL Represent!

Who won Draft night?

• PHX - Deandre & Mikal

• LAL - Wagner & Not Drafting Galo Ball

• PHI - Z. Smith, Shamet & Unprotected MIA 2021

• BOS - Rob Williams

• DAL - Luka & Little Greek

• DEN - MPJ at 16

• SAS - Lonnie Walker

• Adrian Wojnarowski's Vocabulary

• NYK - Knox & Mitchell Robinson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Trae balling this year makes you rethink who really was the engine of that MoKan team.

Definitely an all-time AAU squad.

Ayton's physique is insane. His movement and strength is incredible, but I'm not sure his skill level is unicorn status yet.

Trae balling this year makes you rethink who really was the engine of that MoKan team.

Definitely an all-time AAU squad.
Trae Young, Michael Porter, Cart'are Gordon and Jared Ridder.

They kind of were like the Warriors of AAU. Ended up beating PSA Cardinals in the Peach Jam Final by 30 points.

With the way things are shaping up, any chance Porter falls to #6 :nerd:
Ayton, Luka, Bagley, Bamba and Porter seems to be the top 5 prospects. Can someone else sneak into the top 5?
Young Bull might be able to get in there if somebody needs a guard. Maybe Jaren Jackson too if he has good workouts. Don't really see anybody else with a chance to get in that top 5 though.

Sexton is a top five lock to me at this point.

He is head-and-shoulders the best guard in the class. Literally not a single tool that kid doesn't have.

I'm still on the Bagley is a poor pro prospect by the way. He lives in CBB by being bigger than other guys and scoring over them, doesn't have that same advantage at the pro level.

I tend to favor ayton and bamba over bagley but I'm not down on bagley as a pro

I don't want anyone going to Atlanta to rot smh but they're gonna get someone good

Once again, he's probably the best player in college right now (Bagley) but I just haven't been impressed with the way he scores. Seems like their mostly in the post and put backs. D

I think his value comes from hoping he can develop a three-point shot but that's a big if and certainly worrisome for a top five guy to take. You never hear the word much anymore but he seems like a tweener to me. He would be better as a five, just don't think he has the true dimensions to play the position.

My top five at the moment:
Luka (kid as the highest PER in Spain which is really crazy for a 18 year old kid)
Ayton (physically, it's all there)
Sexton
Porter
Bamba

1. Ayton- Physical monster. Even if he can shoot 3s in the low 30s, he'll be incredibly scary.
2. Doncic- Lacks burst and won't be an elite defender, but there's nothing that he can't do. Can be a scoring version of Lonzo.
3. Bagley- 6'11" fluid athletes don't grow on trees. Has a decent shooting stroke and can put the ball on the floor a little.
4. Bamba- Gobert/Capela 2.0. Will be able to be an elite shotblocker and rim runner from Day 1. Don't buy him as a shooter.
5. Sexton- Better shooting version of De'Aaron Fox. Not as tall/long though.

Not really sure what to do with Porter since I haven't really seen him other than a couple Youtube videos. He strikes me as a more athletic version of Lauri Markkanen. I've seen some compare him to KD which seems dumb to me. I'm hearing that he could potentially be back in mid January. Would be interesting. Could see him going anywhere between 3-6.

Bagley has both the highest ceiling and lowest floor, IMO.

Ayton an Doncic have the highest floors. I think they are locks for the top 2 spots.

Young > Sexton

They play head up in a month. Can’t wait. Both very good prospects. Oklahoma plays Wichita St this Sunday too :pimp:

I did favor Bamba over Bagley but after watching him play I get Clint Capela vibes. Capela is a good player but would you use a top 5 pick on him?
My big board based on what I’ve seen:

Doncic
Ayton
Bagley
Porter
Bamba

Can't imagine having Young over Sexton with his physical limitations. Just projecting their games Sexton has higher upside.

Ayton's feel for the game has to get a lot better. Scary how bad of a rim protector he is right now. He's like historically bad.

On the Doncic train for sure based upon what I've seen so far.

Bamba will look better as a pro for sure.

Robert Williams looks better as a pro. Not saying he’s a top 5 pick but he’s still my favorite player in the draft

Length, athleticism, motor, shot blocking, rebounding.

He can’t shoot but I just feel like he’s a double-double his rookie year obviously with the minutes. I think he has Shawn Kemp athleticism
I haven't got to see him a ton, but he looked like complete garbage against Ayton and Arizona. Definitely expected to see more out of him on a big stage.

Agree with what you said in the first sentence though.

Ayton is not a good defender sadly, even with his bobble potential I can't deny that he's got a lot of work to do as a rim protector and post defender

Still take him #1 and then it's a dead heat between porter and donic

Reactions: HIM
I haven't got to see him a ton, but he looked like complete garbage against Ayton and Arizona. Definitely expected to see more out of him on a big stage.

Agree with what you said in the first sentence though.

He’s an NBA 5 but he’s sharing the court with another true 5. Couple that with the trash college basketball spacing and you get mixed results.

Even in that game, he had 2 blocks that you could tell he was a legit rim protector. I’d love for him to get to play with a great PG

He’s an NBA 5 but he’s sharing the court with another true 5. Couple that with the trash college basketball spacing and you get mixed results.

Even in that game, he had 2 blocks that you could tell he was a legit rim protector. I’d love for him to get to play with a great PG
Unless you're like an Anthony Davis/Cousins/KAT type, I feel like it's pretty tough for bigs to stand out offensively in college because the PGs they play with are normally trash. It's brutally obvious with Bamba at Texas, even though I think he has ways to go on that end.

Would you take Williams over Jackson? I wouldn't.

Unless you're like an Anthony Davis/Cousins/KAT type, I feel like it's pretty tough for bigs to stand out offensively in college because the PGs they play with are normally trash. It's brutally obvious with Bamba at Texas, even though I think he has ways to go on that end.

Would you take Williams over Jackson? I wouldn't.

The zone defense really hurts the college game IMO. I don’t know his name but the A&M coach tries to keep the floor spaced and runs some good stuff but there’s no defensive 3 seconds.

Man I get what people see in Jaren Jackson but I personally don’t like him. I know he’s like 14 years old and his ceiling is supposed to be really high but he’s bad on offense and really clumsy to me. I’d rather have Williams but that’s just me

Back
Top Bottom