OFFICIAL NBA 2018 NBA Draft & Rookie Thread: NT SL Represent!

Who won Draft night?

• PHX - Deandre & Mikal

• LAL - Wagner & Not Drafting Galo Ball

• PHI - Z. Smith, Shamet & Unprotected MIA 2021

• BOS - Rob Williams

• DAL - Luka & Little Greek

• DEN - MPJ at 16

• SAS - Lonnie Walker

• Adrian Wojnarowski's Vocabulary

• NYK - Knox & Mitchell Robinson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Both them have the juice right now, tbh I don't know about the Damon comps on either. It'll be compelling to see how they project to the next level

Waters is impressive as hell, does he translate against pro defense? Trae at least got decent size to him and has floor general potential along with at least for now, the ability to shoot. I don't think Young was on many GM's boards as a lotto pick but he's making a case early on, see how he sustains

I see a less beefy JJ Barea in Waters so far, Barea was a bonafide scorer all 4 years in school and made a nice pro career for himself. Barea and Stoudamire both could run an offense relatively speaking, so that's my question on Waters

Also, on this year's rookies, I know people are comparing Donovan to Gordon, but I see a little bit of Wade in Mitchell as well (judging purely from highlights). Dude's been a steal so far. Charlotte definitely could have used him.

I don't think the Lakers will be bad enough for the Celtics to get their pick. The Lakers are looking more likely to finish in the 7-10 range, resulting in the 2018 pick going to the Sixers and the Celtics having to settle for the 2019 Kings pick.

I don't think the Lakers will be bad enough for the Celtics to get their pick. The Lakers are looking more likely to finish in the 7-10 range, resulting in the 2018 pick going to the Sixers and the Celtics having to settle for the 2019 Kings pick.

I hope so because it will be good for Philly. However, the Lakers had the second easiest schedule in the NBA and the road will only get tougher from there so anything can happen. They might even call it quits by the AS break and go on a full tank mode.

If Philly lands Porter at 5 :wow:

Lakers don't have any incentive to tank. In all likelihood they'll probably be somewhere around 7. Obviously hoping for worse though :lol:

Even if philly just ends up with someone from the Spartans or one of McCoy or Williams it'd be lit

I have a feeling they'd trade it too actually

What you project from shorty? He put on a show. Even after they went to the 1-3-1...he was able to make plays and break down the defense.

We need the shoeking scouting report.

I’m honestly trying to avoid the obvious Steph comparison but it’s hard not to. I remember Steph as a freshman and he wasn’t the athlete trae is. He’s tremendous man he legit looks like he has it all and he’s like what, 18?

If he keeps playing at or near this level there’s no way he isn’t a top 12 pick. SC has struggled out of the gate but that was a top 10 team he played against and he fried them. Decision making, reads, off the bounce ability to get to the rim, end to end speed is a blur, he has incredible confidence and shot making ability and to me still plays responsibly and makes good decisions.

And he’s 18 years old :rofl:

I do have questions about his overall athleticism, and he has a general apathetic approach to defense but I’m sold. I’m always high on guys this good this young. I haven’t seen a guard prospect better so far this season. His poise against SC last night when SC was making their run was so impressive considering his age.

That was the biggest question that I had after watching last night.

Yeah he’s fast endline to endline but beating nba level guys off the bounce, and finishing at the rim against nba level comp consistently are my biggest concerns with him. He does have an array of skills and tricks around the rim to get his **** off though, obviously remains to be seen if it’d work on the nba level

I still would take him if I needed a guard in the bottom half of the lottery though. Overwhelming talent

Back
Top Bottom