OFFICIAL NBA 2018 NBA Draft & Rookie Thread: NT SL Represent!

Who won Draft night?

• PHX - Deandre & Mikal

• LAL - Wagner & Not Drafting Galo Ball

• PHI - Z. Smith, Shamet & Unprotected MIA 2021

• BOS - Rob Williams

• DAL - Luka & Little Greek

• DEN - MPJ at 16

• SAS - Lonnie Walker

• Adrian Wojnarowski's Vocabulary

• NYK - Knox & Mitchell Robinson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Even watching the young bul have an "off game" right now...he just controls the pace and put the other team on their heels so much. Think the finishing will come with time but his shooting is just so good.

He's definitely my no.1 guy.

The Ringer’s 2018 NBA Lottery Mock Draft, Version 2.0
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/1/10/16871398/2018-nba-lottery-mock-draft-january

1. Atlanta Hawks- Luka Doncic
2. Orlando Magic- Trae Young
3. Memphis Grizzlies- Marvin Bagley III
4. Boston Celtics (via Lakers)- DeAndre Ayton
5. Dallas Mavericks- Mohamed Bamba
6. Sacramento Kings- Michael Porter Jr
7. Chicago Bulls- Jaren Jackson Jr
8. Cleveland Cavaliers (via Nets)- Mikal Bridges
9. Phoenix Suns- Collin Sexton
10. Charlotte Hornets- Miles Bridges
11. Utah Jazz- Kevin Knox
12. Los Angeles Clippers- Shake Milton
13. New York Knicks- Troy Brown
14. Philadelphia 76ers- Rawle Alkins

meh

knicks should end up a little higher as the season goes on. hoping for either bridges, or if they're both off the board, kevin knox
isaac bonga with the bulls 2nd rounder or a late first would be cool too

For now I see porters stock dropping but those workouts might jolt him back up a few slots

Anything outside of the top 3 would be a major win for that team assuming he's healthy

I don't see the celts taking ayton but then again Danny knows

People are overthinking this at the point imo.

Don't see how anyone can look at Trae and not think he's the top prospect at this point.

I swear man :lol:. Some GMs will be fired when they pass on Trae because of perceived lack of speed/quickness/length

His skill level is through the roof.

Young's quick release is scary

The whole top 6 is insane tbh

Young can be just a good quarterback as a shooter/scorer. That's truly deadly and his size isn't anything that detrimental, it's pretty much average size

Can't argue with anyone who'd take him at any selection. Him vs Luka is going to heat up soon

Young and Porter >

Gonna need the Lakers to keep winning some more games and Bamba to step it up so Porter can fall to 6

I really can't argue that top 6 list other than who goes before who.

Everyone is talking about how this draft if top heavy, it started with top 3, then top 4, then top 6, but honestly, I can see solid players in the whole top 10.

It will also be interesting to see what teams do this offseason given that the new lottery rules will start summer of 2019.

Seems like every recent class gets severely overhyped. Its the classes that no one saw coming that have multiple all star players.

The 2017 class has been exceptional so far. Not sure if I'm buying all the big men in this upcoming one making immediate impacts though.

The 2017 class has been exceptional so far. Not sure if I'm buying all the big men in this upcoming one making immediate impacts though.
Maybe not right away but Bamba and Ayton man, give them some coaching and sky is the limit. Bamba is raw af offensively but his jumper smooth, just get him coached up. Defensively I mean, the potential is just gross

Ayton barely started playing ball but I believe he has the motor and instincts to become special down the line

2017 was a very hyped draft imo
Guys like John Collins, Tatum, Mitchell, Kuzma and hell even Lauri were not hyped enough

Ball, Fox, Smith, Jackson etc. are all doing quite solid, just need some time in the oven

Fultz still coming

Bam, Frank, OG, Bell look like they could be rotational players

Giles is redshirting

Kennard, Monk and Collins shouldn't be written off by any means

Class can be exceptional

It was a hyped draft, but other than Fultz, no one was regarded as a #1 option for a franchise.

Also, most sixers fans here were sold on Monk. So happy we dodged that bullet.

Bamba is more than likely going to look pretty rough to start out his career

HIndsight is 20/20 but 2014 was severely overhyped, 2015 was underhyped, 2016 was ****, 2017 was properly hyped up.

Back
Top Bottom