OFFICIAL NBA 2018 NBA Draft & Rookie Thread: NT SL Represent!

Who won Draft night?

• PHX - Deandre & Mikal

• LAL - Wagner & Not Drafting Galo Ball

• PHI - Z. Smith, Shamet & Unprotected MIA 2021

• BOS - Rob Williams

• DAL - Luka & Little Greek

• DEN - MPJ at 16

• SAS - Lonnie Walker

• Adrian Wojnarowski's Vocabulary

• NYK - Knox & Mitchell Robinson

Results are only viewable after voting.
:sick: It's only a matter of time until he is in the conversion of best PGs in the league. Hopefully the kings learns from their mistakes and actually nurture these talents.

Jonathan Givony released his initial Top 100 for the 2018 NBA Draft, headlined by Luka Doncic, Michael Porter Jr. and Marvin Bagley III.

Top-25
1. Luka Doncic
2. Michael Porter Jr.
3. Marvin Bagley III
4. Deandre Ayton
5. Mohamed Bamba
6. Miles Bridges
7. Robert Williams
8. Collin Sexton
9. Jaren Jackson Jr.
10. Wendell Carter Jr.
11. Trevon Duval
12. Bruce Brown
13. Lonnie Walker
14. Kevin Knox
15. Justin Jackson
16. Dzanan Musa
17. Troy Brown
18. Hamidou Diallo
19. Mikal Bridges
20. Chimezie Metu
21. Mitchell Robinson
22. Rodions Kurucs
23. Nick Richards
24. Nickeil Alexander-Walker
25. Emmanuel Akot

There are rumours that Porter might stay another year if he doesn't win a chip.

It's good to see Ben flourishing and winning even without Embiid, that last game without Embiid was the blowout at the Raptors and that was painful to watch live.

More notable performances from last night:

I don't think Bagley is going to be a top 5 pick in the next draft. He looks weak as hell to me. I could see him struggling hard vs any team with a stronger, more experienced big man guarding him.

I don't think Bagley is going to be a top 5 pick in the next draft. He looks weak as hell to me. I could see him struggling hard vs any team with a stronger, more experienced big man guarding him.
He's a 7ft fluid athlete that can put the ball on the floor. Yes, he needs refinement and could definitely struggle against stronger, more experienced bigs, but that isn't going to stop a team from drafting him in the top 5. These types of dudes don't grow on trees.

He's a 7ft fluid athlete that can put the ball on the floor. Yes, he needs refinement and could definitely struggle against stronger, more experienced bigs, but that isn't going to stop a team from drafting him in the top 5. These types of dudes don't grow on trees.

Getting up those hot takes early I see...

Doncic, Porter, Ayton and Bamba will get drafted over him. Only will take one more player to knock him out of the top 5 like I'm saying. Not even a hot take honestly.

The season hasn't even officially started yet. It definitely is a hot take.

Why couldn't Bagley potentially be drafted over those guys?

The season hasn't even officially started yet. It definitely is a hot take.

Why couldn't Bagley potentially be drafted over those guys?

yeah it totally is a hot take, nothing is for certain right now, and all those guys, Bamba, Donicic, porter, Ayton are far from perfect prospects.

I’d be very surprised if Williams bridges Sexton etc in that 2nd tier show enough promise to get picked ahead of bagley

I think that first 5 in whatever order is as close to a lock as you can be at this point

Geezus, it's already begun and we're not even done with the exhibition games yet...

I mean it's just my personal prediction that those four will be more valued than Bagley by the end of the college season. I think they're more ready to stand out and be big-time players this year. Bagley looks like his body needs a lottt of work if he wants to be able to hang with grown men in the post. Ayton and Bamba look much more ready for that and the skill sets of Doncic and Porter right now > all of them.

You guys can feel free to post your predictions too instead of being scared that somebody will quote you at the end of the year.

Last edited:
If Ayton, Bamba, Porter, and Doncic make up your top 4 then who bumps Bagley out of that 5 spot?

There's nobody in that 2nd tier who jumps out as someone who would leap into the top 5. I don't think he's a top 5 talent but MAYBE Wendell Carter and that's ONLY because he'll be playing side by side with Bagley all year, giving scouts an apples to apples comparison of the two.

Coming from a place of ignorance on CBB/HS recruiting. But seeing Ayton's size and skill level, and understanding that "motor" was seen as his only outstanding issue, isn't he a clear #1 if he shows up with strong effort this year? Just seems like teams will have a hard time turning that size down.

If Ayton, Bamba, Porter, and Doncic make up your top 4 then who bumps Bagley out of that 5 spot?

There's nobody in that 2nd tier who jumps out as someone who would leap into the top 5. I don't think he's a top 5 talent but MAYBE Wendell Carter and that's ONLY because he'll be playing side by side with Bagley all year, giving scouts an apples to apples comparison of the two.

I'm personally not very high on Bagley especially compared to the other top four guys. Looks really weak to me. We'll see how he handles upperclassmen that are built and going to push him around. I always root for Duke to do well but I just don't have a good feeling about him panning out like people think he will. There will be other guys that'll emerge as the year goes on.

Coming from a place of ignorance on CBB/HS recruiting. But seeing Ayton's size and skill level, and understanding that "motor" was seen as his only outstanding issue, isn't he a clear #1 if he shows up with strong effort this year? Just seems like teams will have a hard time turning that size down.
Between him and Bamba, I don't think you can go wrong with either at #1. Both of them just have "it", on top of the obvious freakish physical attributes.

None of the bigs have the offensive potential that Embiid had (at least not from what they've shown to this point) but you can definitely build around them. Gimme Bamba, personally.

Pretty much but he's not nearly as raw at the same age. He's shown he can shoot it a lil bit too in clips that I've seen.

or he never solves his issues with toughness motor and defensive instincts and ends up as Alex Ajinca. Alexis is just as big and just as long as Bamba and he's not Gobert.

it's the NBA draft, nothing is promised. :lol:

One reason I really like Rudy in that draft, is though the frailness of his body held him back, he had a toughness, and aggressive mentality, mo bamaba totally lacks.

I have no predictions because I haven't seen them play.

But my tentative top 5 I guess might go.

1. Doncic
2. Ayton
3. Porter
4. Bagley
5. Bamba

Between him and Bamba, I don't think you can go wrong with either at #1. Both of them just have "it", on top of the obvious freakish physical attributes.

I think you easily could go wrong, lot of concerns about mental makeup, lots of guys with physical tools who fail to make an impact on winning, look no further than Andre Drummond who Ayton kind of reminds me of sometimes.

A lot of these guys have the whiff of "permanent potnetial" guys with physical tools who will never put it all together.

Other than Doncic don't feel strongly about anyone.

Hence why they play the games. One of, if not, the most anticipated college basketball season of the one and done era from a prospect standpoint.

I don't have those worries with Bamba. Super intelligent kids generally always put in the work to get better I think he'll make the strides.

Also, my hot take prediction is Bruce Brown is the guy that makes the jump this year and ends up a top 5 pick

I don't have those worries with Bamba. Super intelligent kids generally always put in the work to get better I think he'll make the strides.

Also, my hot take prediction is Bruce Brown is the guy that makes the jump this year and ends up a top 5 pick
He's a good player but is going to be almost 22 by the time the draft comes around. Really don't see the top 5 changing unless someone suffers a serious injury.

Back
Top Bottom