OFFICIAL NBA 2018 NBA Draft & Rookie Thread: NT SL Represent!

Who won Draft night?

• PHX - Deandre & Mikal

• LAL - Wagner & Not Drafting Galo Ball

• PHI - Z. Smith, Shamet & Unprotected MIA 2021

• BOS - Rob Williams

• DAL - Luka & Little Greek

• DEN - MPJ at 16

• SAS - Lonnie Walker

• Adrian Wojnarowski's Vocabulary

• NYK - Knox & Mitchell Robinson

Results are only viewable after voting.
How tall is Trae Young really?

I'm not buying he's 6'2....but he makes some really high level reads. And his mix of handle, speed and shooting ability/range are very intriguing.

measured 6'2 in shoes at teams USA camp but his tiny 6'2 wings span, and super short standing reach makes play smaller than his 6'2 height would suggest.

Yeah. He's always looked super small to me. Frail too. Part of me sees Tyus Jones....there's something more there though. Dare I say "curry-ish" :nerd:. More Seth than Steph :lol:

The inevitable comparisons will come this year though. I expect Trae Young to have a big year numbers wise.
Have always thought of young as a tyus jones caliber NBA prospect, watched his possessions from last night, nothing changed. He's more shifty I'll give him that
Ayton thinks he's Porzingis or something. He needs to chill with the jumpshots.
No he doesn't need to chill. Where he's at now, it can only improve. Hell be able to score from anywhere on the floor in 3 years

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat just out of curiosity, what team do you root for? Are they in the running for a top pick?

I noticed outlook on prospects this year is so different than past years because I know the Sixers are competing for a playoff spot.

also, this year's prospects seem to be very top heavy, as in Ayton, Luka, Porter and maybe Bagley could have competed for the #1 pick in 2017 and it would not have been a unanimous decision on Fultz.

Addicts says bamba is the one

Between all these prospects we are in for a renaissance

I don't root for any specific team I just like to see flourishing

It's crazy how there was a bit of a big man drought between the mid/late 2000's until AD was drafted. Now big men are coming back with a vengeance. Fluid, athletic and some with guard skills. It says a lot about the development of these kids at a younger age.

I don't root for any specific team I just like to see flourishing

IMG_9648.GIF

I’m letting some games pile up before I start making real evaluations. Obviously Doncic is nice. I really like Bamba.

But yeah Trey Young has poverty level athleticism. Duval reminds me of Elfrid Payton but I’m not married to that comparison

Too early for scorching hot takes.

Back
Top Bottom