Official NBA 2k13 Thread

Loved the right stick dribble/crossover/spin moves on LIVE '10, looking forward to this here as well. Hope 2K doesn't disappoint me this year.

From Mike Wang:
NBA 2K13 - Some Clarity on the Control Stick

bullet.gif
  01:06 PM - August 10, 2012 by Beluba

21134.jpg

I knew there would be a lot of questions/concerns regarding today's announcements, especially regarding the Control Stick, so I just wanted to give a few more details.

The Shot button is still there and more fully featured than in past versions. So if you choose, you can use the Right Stick for dribble moves and do all your shots with the face buttons. A lot of guys in the office prefer to play this way. In case you missed it, B (CIRCLE) is a Hop Step button again.

There's an option to toggle the default behavior of the Control Stick. So you can make the Right Stick Shot Stick by default, and then hold LT (L2) to activate Isomotion.

There are options to choose camera-relative vs. absolute control for both Shots and Isomotion independently.

You can perform basic dribble moves with the Left Stick as well. Of course, you won't have near the same level of control as you would with the Right Stick, but it's a pretty complete arsenal of moves... including sizeups (tap the Left Stick side to side.)

Bottom line, we're giving you the ability to play the way you want to play 2K13. If you adopt the Control Stick fully, you'll have more control over your player than any basketball has ever given in the past... hands down. But if you want a more casual pick up and play experience, we accommodate that as well. Hope that answers some questions.

mean.gif
 At the hop step being the B button again, LOL theres gonna be so many people trying to cheese.

And are yall ready to play against the Lakers in every random matchmaking session? Lmfao  **** is gonna be outtline man.

Have they released any info on if there going to have lobbies like in 2k11 or just random matchmaking?

I think it would be cool if there was a lobby were both players had to play with random teams.
pimp.gif

Last edited:
looks like what i wanted live back for i will get in 2k time for me to be a beast in basketball games again

if the Signature Skills/Abilities set are like APF 2k8 than it should be
pimp.gif

U notice a huge difference between the legends & generic players, vice versa w/stars & role players in NBA

Last edited:
  • NBA 2K games have always packed in a ridiculous amount of animations, but shots tended to play out the same regardless of contact. Thanks to the new Dynamic Shot
  • Generator, the game now uses a physics system to takes into account momentum, the degree of contact, player size, and strength ratings to determine if a player knifes through the defender, is stopped at the point of contact, or gets the shot off but stumbles and falls to the floor. Visual Concepts hopes this will make contact more realistic and keep the outcomes from looking like canned animations.
  • Speaking of defense, players have more smooth movements on defense and appear to be much more reactive. The physics helps more physical defenders guarding against drives to the baskets as well. If you step into the dribbler’s lane, the collision deflects guys the way it would in real life so the attacker won’t just slide off the defender. The dev team hopes this will help players feel like defending can play a vital role in the game instead of just feeling like an obstacle.

All i needed to know :smokin

btw, cavs/bobcats/nuggets will be my team on 2k. im nearly unstoppable now.. havent lost in 3 months :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I stay washing dudes with the cavs, only lost once to the bulls by like 20. Dude was pretty nice and I couldnt protect the rim or get a rebound to save my life that game :smh: .

PS3?

I stay washing dudes with the cavs, only lost once to the bulls by like 20. Dude was pretty nice and I couldnt protect the rim or get a rebound to save my life that game :smh: .
PS3?

btw, cavs/bobcats/nuggets will be my team on 2k. im nearly unstoppable now.. havent lost in 3 months :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Juicyju, u on PS3? I'd like to play u once 2k13 comes out.

Don't play K Town Trash. All he does is Eurostep and hopstep into the lane :lol:. Prepare your wallet broham.

Damn man I planned on using the Lakers more anyway before the Dwight trade. Gotta lay off of them now, I won't find matches online :smh:

i hope the AI is improved as far as double teams etc. you could go off with a player and never see a double team all game. defensive rotations were good last year. i also want the crowd atmosphere to be similar to the last EA game. they had that on point. and late game AI strategy needs improving as well.

i am gonna cop an xbox and play it this year. i always hear that its better on xbox

is it better on xbox?

hopefully if crew is in i can see many people cheesing the chase down ability 6ft PGS chasing down Long and atheltic players watch I'm calling it now

EDIT: on a sidenote if the hop step is back to the b or circle button, the ability rating should have a huge impact if its performed correctly, like if its poor and you attempt it you should lose the ball regularly, hopefully that'll stop the bigs. Hopefully you can just block anyone else also i think the colliding is gonna be so much worse like the point of a euro step is to elude the defense not barrel into them and imagine now, collisions 24/7

Last edited:
Juicyju, u on PS3? I'd like to play u once 2k13 comes out.
Don't play K Town Trash. All he does is Eurostep and hopstep into the lane :lol:. Prepare your wallet broham.

lol why you lying fam :lol: i only did that with bulls.. you know damn well my hornets were near unbeatable team.

bobcats will be my team again.....beating the heat, lakers, and thunder with them = feelsgoodman

Back
Top Bottom