Official NBA 2k13 Thread

bobcats will be my team again.....beating the heat, lakers, and thunder with them = feelsgoodman

You must be some sort of god in 2k... Teams like the Bobcats have all these guys with low offensive ratings (i.e. getting stripped, missing A+ shots) and low defensive ratings (just getting blown by) and it's not just for show... I just can't play the damn Heat with the Bobcats cause I don't want to see that stupid dunk animation or made-up Lebron side-step whodini layup. Guys don't need to know how to play, just how to push the shot stick within 10 feet of the rim to dunk on people 5-6 times a game

This is one of my biggest disappointments with 2KSports as far as 2K12 goes. They made it far too accessible and easy for erratic playing scrubs to have success. It was much easier to wash fools on 2K11 because people got punished for constantly trying to draw charges, always reaching for steals, and throwing wild, long passes.

But since 2K12 has heightened trajectory on passes, I see cherry picking galore, centers and power forwards tossing full length passes with ease and the kids who try to take a charge that I blow by, end up right back in the play.

It's possible to win with scrub teams on 2K12 against the top ranked teams, but it's tough as hell, you damn near have to play flawlessly. I took two B.S. losses against Thunder users with the Bobcats because of those low offensive ratings you mentioned, as well as some of this bias towards superstar teams. It's annoying.

nVXFt.gif

Let me tell you guys what I like about the spin move in this gif... So after you initiate the spin and start to turn your back to the defender, you have a decision point:

1. move the right stick back the other way to turn it into a half-spin
2. move your left stick in the direction of the spin to quickly launch hard into a drive (think Amare or Melo move)
3. let the standing spin continue until the player is faced up again

If you choose option 3, you have more branch points:
1. chain into any other sizeup iso move
2. move your left stick to branch into a hard first step launch or cross launch
3. let the original spin finish all the way and go back into your stand dribble

Pretty much the whole Iso system works this way. You have a ton of flexibility to pull off just about any move you can think of once you understand the rhythm of the game, how the moves branch, and how movement impacts the moves. It got to the point that even the best ball handlers that we brought in for motion capture couldn't think of any new moves for me to add to the system. And believe me, these were HIGH level guards. For people who appreciate a good floor game, you will definitely like the upgrade.

RT @darrenrovell: NBA2K13 game features every 1992 Dream Team player but Scottie Pippen. Couldn't strike deal with ex-Bulls star.

Turns out that there's gonna be a dream team mode that pits the original dream team with this year team

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Damn couple guys beat me to it :lol:, only thing that sucks is that they couldn't reach a deal with Scotty so he won't be on the team

Last edited:
RT @darrenrovell: NBA2K13 game features every 1992 Dream Team player but Scottie Pippen. Couldn't strike deal with ex-Bulls star.[/quot]

J****! You better drop that dough!

I was wondering if Mr. Carter's executive position meant more classic teams.

*Pats self on the back*
laugh.gif

Now why the hell didn't 2k use this as their "big announcement" from a few weeks ago?

Charles Barkley finally made it in 2k but Scottie Pippen isn't on the Dream Team because he and 2k couldn't come to terms, which is kinda surprising since he was in 2k11 and 2k12.

The 2012 Olympic team is in the game as well.

[h1]Dream Teams Collide in NBA 2K13[/h1][h2]Charles Barkley returns to video games as 1992 and 2012 Team USAs face off[/h2]

by Ryan McCaffrey

August 15, 2012

L.A. Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant made waves before the 2012 Summer Olympics began when he said that the 2012 edition of Team USA could beat the fabled 1992 Dream Team that featured no fewer than 11 Hall of Famers. “It’d be a tough one,” Kobe predicted. “But I think we could pull it out.”

Unsurprisingly, the 1992 legends literally chuckled at the notion. “I absolutely laughed,” Michael Jordan said in response. “For him to compare those two teams is not one of the smarter things he ever could have done.” Original Dream Team forward Charles Barkley also got a kick out of Bryant’s prediction, retorting, “Other than Kobe, LeBron, and Kevin Durant, I don’t think anybody else on that team makes our team.”

Dream Weavers

dreamteamgroupscreenshot5jpg-44052b_800w.jpg

So many Hall of Famers, so few roster spaces.

Since time machines haven’t been invented yet, how can we possibly settle this eternal debate? Enter NBA 2K13, which will feature a Dream Team mode that lets you pit the 1992 team against the 2012 squad. Perhaps the bigger news is the long-awaited video game return of Barkley, who lends his name and likeness to a hoops game for the first time since the Sega Genesis cult classic Barkley Shut Up and Jam! 2 in 1995. Why now, Sir Charles?

“[NBA 2K13 executive producer] Jay-Z put in a call to Charles himself and helped us forge an agreement,” said 2K Sports marketing VP Jason Argent.

Ultimately, only Scottie Pippen, whom 2K could not reach a licensing agreement with, is excluded from the roster. Still, Jordan commented to IGN about the Dream Team face-off, “I think it’s going to start debates. I don’t think it’s going to end any.”

And so the gang is finally all back together. Why did it take so long for His Airness to sign on the dotted line with a video game company? “I just didn’t have a passion to do that, initially,” Jordan said. “[But now] I felt the need to connect to this different era, this different generation,” because “now, these kids don’t have an opportunity to see me play” on TV or in-person.

Hands-On Impressions

But what of the game itself? We finally got to play it, and a few significant changes should keep hoops fans happy for another year. First is the Control Stick. Think of it as a merging of NBA 2K’s long-running Isomotion controls with NBA Live’s old Freestyle controls. Basically, you now hold the left trigger in order to go into the Shot Stick you already know. The default actions on the right thumbstick are now ball and body controls, allowing you to do a ridiculous array of moves. Even bounce passes are now at your control by holding LT and pressing A.

“There were things in basketball we just couldn’t do with Isomotion as it was before,” said gameplay director Rob Jones.

Second are Signature Skills, a new way of differentiating the unique talents of the league’s best players. Expect upwards of 30 of them total, with each player having up to five of the passive abilities. Clutch, Deadeye, Lockdown Defender, and others will make the stars just a little more accurate to their real-life counterparts, and in My Player you’ll be able to develop them with your custom avatar.

The third is for Xbox fans, and it’s Kinect voice support. Don’t panic, though: there’s nary a gesture control to be found. Instead, you can simply call out plays with your voice rather than digging through the D-pad menu during possessions. For instance, you can say, “Run a screen for me,” or “Call a post play for Bosh.”

Tip-Off

I always loved NBA Live’s Freestyle controls, so mixing them with NBA 2K13’s more simulation-style gameplay is a huge win for me. Combine that with the return of my all-time favorite player Charles Barkley and (most of) the rest of the original Dream Team and NBA 2K13 might have somehow found a way to up its game yet again. Now if we could just get Jay-Z to give Scottie Pippen a call…
Link

Ol bellpepper *** nose Pip holding out for what B? Really interested in this new "isomotion" control though. 2K just take my money now.

2k never really has a "big" announcement. At least since Jordan.

IMO, a "big announcement" would be something like announcing they have the complete league from the 95 - 96 season.

without pip, whose gonna check lebron?, their only other elite defender is MJ. and unlike lebron, he can't check everybody. they'd have to put mike on durant. no point wasting him on black mamba. at his age, mike would eat him alive on there. they'd probs put clyde on kobe. pippen week for backing out. 2012 has an even better chance of winning now.

looking forward to this game.

they need to add more old teams tho. and put prime kobe in it. and prime A.I.

Trying to figure out why they couldn't get a deal done with Pip, even though he was in 2k11 and 2k12.

Trying to figure out why they couldn't get a deal done with Pip, even though he was in 2k11 and 2k12.
Same thing I was wondering as well.

He probably wanted more $$$ and 2k wouldn't meet his demands.

This also means Pip won't be any classic Bulls teams that are in 2k13.

Was hoping they would put Olympic Vince Carter in the game

Give him hair and make his rating a 99 :nerd: :nerd:

wow why even put the dream team in if you cant get the complete team? mj and pip probably had a falling out cuz i refuse to believe pippen deal couldnt be worked out when he was in the previous games.

i mean hell they coulda gave him christian laetners money. who the **** remembers christian laetner on the dream team anyways?? dont nobody wanna play him

Scottie looking to pay those overdue bills. Maybe 2K should replace him with Roster Player #33?

This news, combined with the addition of the Freestyle stick, has sealed it for me: After being 12 years of purchasing NBA Live (1998-2010), I'll be getting a copy of NBA 2K13.

Last edited:
Scottie looking to pay those overdue bills. Maybe 2K should replace him with Roster Player #33?

This news, combined with the addition of the Freestyle stick, has sealed it for me: After being 12 years of purchasing NBA Live (1998-2010), I'll be getting a copy of NBA 2K13.

Reminds me of NBA Live 99, #99 on the Bulls..."Harper passes it to number 99" :lol:

At least put a placeholder there on the team representing Pip's defense...

That is illegal. You can't do that anymore. EA paid for it when they did it.

“[NBA 2K13 executive producer] Jay-Z put in a call to Charles himself and helped us forge an agreement,” said 2K Sports marketing VP Jason Argent
Thank him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom