Official NBA 2k13 Thread

:lol:

This just keeps getting better and better, can't wait to use Reign Man :smokin :smokin

this game looks just like 2K12, except for the slam dunk contest, and other game modes. it might be slightly better but the game engine is pretty much the same

why would they change the game engine when it's not bad? judging off the gameplay blogs they actually are adjusting stuff, you can't just say its the same without even playing it. I'm sure there will be a different feel to it

I still play 2k12 all the time, never got old to me..

i fail to see what you guys expect graphic wise, of course its gonna look the same. 2k actually does a good job with faces and everything else. If your wanting better/more realistic graphics then wait til the next console.

I need this damn game already prime AI
Throw in Prime VC and Tmac and tears of joy shall be shed

Best thing that could happen to 2k

Put all of them dudes in a the classic players mode etc

prime VC, Tmac, AI, Fro Kobe, Prime Shaq, etc. :pimp:

People complain about this every year when there's nothing wrong w/ the game engine. They can keep the same damn engine forever as far I'm concerned. Just make the necessary tweaks.

tweaks are worth $60? especially when the online is always trash?

2k11 was close to perfect, except from the cheese spin dunk, but I can live with that.

2k12 was flat out horrible. Who told them it was a good idea to take out the online lobbies and to only be able to play on all-star level online? And the shot release time was way off. Almost all the stars had a super quick release time which is far from realistic. and the transition delay from offense to defense.

If they tweaked 2k11 every year and just updated the rosters, moves, features, it would be untouchable.

All I want back is the hall of fame online option. you can keep everything else.

I hope they can let us add Legends to Association mode like in 2K11.

Much more complicated to do in 12 ...

2k needs, like, a bare bones mode. No aids, no assisted runs, none of that "if and then" crap. If I go on a run, it because I made 5 good plays in a row, not becuase its the 3rd quarter and im losing.

2k needs, like, a bare bones mode. No aids, no assisted runs, none of that "if and then" crap. If I go on a run, it because I made 5 good plays in a row, not becuase its the 3rd quarter and im losing.

this x 1000.

same goes for the cpu. i dont want them to get a sudden burst of energy if I've been hitting them with haymakers all game.

They gotta reduce the amount of times the ball hits the rim and goes out of bounds. It happens but no way as often as it happens in 2k, can't even grab a lot of rebounds
mean.gif

As far as Team Up mode is concerned, I hope they kick out inactive players. If there is someone not playing, after like 5 minutes or so, just drop them from the match. It was so annoying for a PG from the other team to be controlled by a kid who is away doing who knows what, to only keep getting the ball and we gotta sit there waiting for 8 second backcourt violations and ****.

I hope they can let us add Legends to Association mode like in 2K11.
Much more complicated to do in 12 ...

How do you do it in 12??
Start up an association.

Turn "Customize league" (or whatever it's called) on, and replace a team with the team that the legend you want is on. So, if you want to play with Orlando Shaq, replace the Bobcats with that Penny/Shaq Orlando squad.

Pick that team, and then export the team.

Quit the association, then go to load -> then go to the team name you exported it under.

Then trade/assign Shaq to whichever team you want him to be on.

Save the roster.

Done.

I got bored with My Player & I loaded up teams with a bunch of legends. I put Magic on the Heat, Payton MJ Scottie & Hakeem in Charlotte, & Nique & David Robinson on the Celtics. It's fun. Try it.

Last edited:
Any news of the '00 - '01 Lakers? 

Also, '99 - '00 Pacers should also be on there.

Last edited:
Quick question...

I'm regretting turning in 2k11 earlier this summer. I didn't play 2k12 at all b/c of the lockout and as fast as the season was I didn't care for the game because most night I was at Twolves games (season ticket holder :smh: ) so should I try 2k12 or stick with 2k11, gonna go buy tomorrow and would like some help.

I have 2k13 on reserve but I need something until then.

Last edited:
2k11 was close to perfect, except from the cheese spin dunk, but I can live with that.
2k12 was flat out horrible. Who told them it was a good idea to take out the online lobbies and to only be able to play on all-star level online? And the shot release time was way off. Almost all the stars had a super quick release time which is far from realistic. and the transition delay from offense to defense.
If they tweaked 2k11 every year and just updated the rosters, moves, features, it would be untouchable.
All I want back is the hall of fame online option. you can keep everything else.
yeah cause centers euro stepping and hop stepping to the paint was good. 2k11 had way worse cheesing than 2k12.

I remember playing 2k11 once and this guy would hop step under the basket, pump fake till he was able to draw a foul from the shot........HE DID THIS EVERY POSSESSION.

At least in 2k12 you have a chance to block spin dunk cheese.

I want them to get rid of the OVER THE BACK FOUL FOR EVERYTHING. Why would nick young be called for a over the back foul near the 3 point line if caron misses a shot underneath the basket?

Doesn't make sense. Also, lower the steal rate. Chris paul and Rondo steal everything.

Raptors 2000-2001 would be great. To use Vince and T Mac would be a dunkers dream.

Last edited:
Quick question...
I'm regretting turning in 2k11 earlier this summer. I didn't play 2k12 at all b/c of the lockout and as fast as the season was I didn't care for the game because most night I was at Twolves games (season ticket holder :smh: ) so should I try 2k12 or stick with 2k11, gonna go buy tomorrow and would like some help.
I have 2k13 on reserve but I need something until then.

Most would say 2k11 but i'd wait it out until the demo drops and play that until Oct 2nd. What's another month. But that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom