Official NBA 2k13 Thread

NBA's poster child.

Offensive foul machine, doesn't get called for it. Stares down dudes, yet resorts to flops to play D. **** that guy.

yeah im a hater :lol:

Last edited:
Must be nice. You are doing it the right way. I wish I could skip 3 years and come into a great game. I thought 2K12 was great but most don't agree. With the right rosters it is on point. Speaking of which, HyperBaller and myself will be releasing Version 1 of our Signature Skills sometime tomorrow or late today.

PS: You all will be fools to think cheesing will be taken out of a game. The majority of casuals are cheesers. Casuals = More people buy the game. I wouldn't hold my breath.

gasol should be rated higher than griffin no doubt. his overall skill set is better than griffin.

After watching the insights I now see why these games are turrible. The makers are boy bodied wimps. I haven't seen one person who looks like they hooped past the 4th grade. The wrestling gimmicks they choose to include rather than updating aspects of graphics such as shoes, textures, hair jersey fit, ect.further prove their limited experience. Yet another year of no basketball.
mean.gif
so true

Originally Posted by NobleKane

gasol should be rated higher than griffin no doubt. his overall skill set is better than griffin.

True, but athetisism is also factored into the overall rating and Blake is far more athletic than Gasol, so it kinda evens out.

True, but athetisism is also factored into the overall rating and Blake is far more athletic than Gasol, so it kinda evens out.
Yea I see no problem with Griffin and Pau being rated the same... What Pau lacks Griffin has and vice versa.. both put up similar numbers... lol lets ask Pau how he feels about these ratings after Blake put it on his shape up twice in one game last year

Jumping over him twice a game was impressive and made for a nice Sportscenter highlight, but in no way does it mean his basketball skill is (or isn't) near Pau's...

That being said, Blake is a better athlete and finisher so it makes up for some of his shortcomings. I think Pau's overall skills are better but I guess they need to bump Blake up since he is one of their cover boys and all.

:lol: @ dudes worrying about ratings. Honestly, if you know how to utilize each player's attributes well enough, it shouldn't matter.

Just give me JR Smith and watch me work :smokin

The only thing that matters to me about ratings is when they're too high.

If a rating is low it makes no difference. I've made it rain with Jason Kapono in 2k9 and 2k10 just for the simple fact that I like Jason Kapono.

If it's too high it just makes it easier for people to cheese with a guy who shouldn't be that good and it's annoying.

Any more gameplay videos or a date for the demo? :nerd:
I saw Da Czar say earlier this week that 2K isn't allowing him to do pre-release footage this year, so I wouldn't really expect anything for anywhere else, either.

I think I read that the Dream Team trailer is releasing tonight on GameTrailers TV.

Last edited:
^^Good looks. That sucks but i'll take that DT footage than nothing. >D Hopefully we'll see that demo in one and a half weeks.

Last edited:
For those of you that don't understand how 2K's ratings work, athleticism and defense weigh very heavily in the equation. Athletic ratings, dunks, and strength will be a reason why Blake is so high.

So even though overalls are similar, it doesn't tell the whole picture.

Remember, Dirk generally rates lower than his status suggests because defense and rebounding are generally where he underperforms.

So the moral of the story is to stop looking at overall ratings and drawing any conclusions.

That article is overhyping the importance of Sig. Skills. They do not change the game. Most of what they present was achievable through ratings/tendencies.

Most were achievable through ratings/tendencies but there are a couple that incorporate certain players bring to the table that isn't just an improvement to his ratings, Defensive Anchor and Field General are the first that come to mind but i know there are more

For those of you that don't understand how 2K's ratings work, athleticism and defense weigh very heavily in the equation. Athletic ratings, dunks, and strength will be a reason why Blake is so high.
So even though overalls are similar, it doesn't tell the whole picture.
Remember, Dirk generally rates lower than his status suggests because defense and rebounding are generally where he underperforms.
So the moral of the story is to stop looking at overall ratings and drawing any conclusions.
Dirk Rebounds though.........

Back
Top Bottom