Official NBA 2k13 Thread

Although I'm not a fan of the graphics - It looks VERY CELL SHADED to me? - The trailer was well done and I loved the ending

Dont worry about the graphics. They will look good once u play the demo.

But ummmmm

Some of you guys dont seem to know what the ratings mean.

Just because someone has an overall rating doesnt mean they all score the same, rebound the same dunk the same, dribble the same, off awareness, def awareness the same etc.

Pau will be a better player than blake. What you guys see these NBA players doing in real life for the most part thats what they are capable of in 2k.

Blake a better dribbler, dunker, speed, quickness, standing dunk etc. So therefore his rating is up there.

\
That being said, I'll probably play DT mode once or twice unless they can somehow add teams via DLC later on. That trailer was real dope though.

Hopefully that will be the case. It's no fun having the U.S.A. basketball team on here without any other international team.

After a few days of having the game, most won't care about it. I actually think interest in the teams being included is waning, and will continue to as we move further and further away from the completion of the Olympics and closer to the start of the regular season.
I wish other (current) National Teams could have been included in the game, but that seems like a niche market, so I can understand not spending the time/money on it. I'd enjoy it, though.
EA owns the FIBA rights. If 2K had the opportunity to include them, they would have.

Why do people always complain about graphics? What are you expecting for a YEARLY game?

I'd expect that they'd be better this year than last year, and atleast comparable to other games that are created using the same technology

I was looking at the ign footage and I wasn't really impressed.. Graphics and gameplay reminded me of 2k12..

The demo need to be released..

Just a bit curious to those who keep saying they aren't impressed with the graphics or gameplay...what vast improvements were you expecting to see with a game that's released annually? I mean they looked like they improved the control scheme and added a few bells and whistles to make it appear different than 2K12, which is what sports games always do. Try and overhaul something that has proven to sell and you get...NBA Elite. Just be realistic here.

Just a bit curious to those who keep saying they aren't impressed with the graphics or gameplay...what vast improvements were you expecting to see with a game that's released annually? I mean they looked like they improved the control scheme and added a few bells and whistles to make it appear different than 2K12, which is what sports games always do. Try and overhaul something that has proven to sell and you get...NBA Elite. Just be realistic here.

I dont think anybody can say that they arent impressed with the gameplay without having played the game. But the graphics look absolutely terrible. They could have done that with a PS2 engine, seriously

Gameplay > Graphics

This! Graphics will not hinder your playing experience. The game is moving too fast and my eyes are looking everywhere that I don't even pay attention to the graphics.

I think the two DTs are there to settle, digitally, which team is the best DT between the people that have that argument. I don't care for it either, if someone picks a DT I will do the same.

Graphics. I don't know, I really don't give a damn to be honest. Gameplay is what matters the most to be. But that is just me.

For those that are interested, Hyperballer and I have released the first version of our Signature Skill Edits. Yes it is early but let me know what you think.

Read the write up before commenting. There is a tab for qualifications for each skill.

We are attempting to get the ball rolling a little early this year. Signature Skills seems like a nice addition even though we feel some of the skills are a little redundant. We hope to use these skills to make each and every player play true to their real life counterpart.

Everyone will not have a skill. Both of us were somewhat disappointed reading the, "What skills will the players of your favorite team thread" because so many were just throwing out skills like hotcakes. We will not approach skill assignments as nicely.

We will be very conservative and we will assign the very best skills only. This isn't Little League Baseball, everyone will not get a trophy for showing up. You have to excel to have a skill assigned. Don't forget that we still have player ratings.

Rookies will be limited to 1 signature skill until they prove otherwise. By prove we mean that the rookie class of 2012 will be re-evaluated during the All Star Break for consideration. Until then, they have to prove themselves just like any other NBA Player. Averaging 10 APG in the ACC doesn't mean you will automatically be assigned the Dimer/Floor General Skill. New stage, new level, new day.

Some of the skills will be put on ice by us until we test them out to see how effective they are. (Ankle Breaker, Posterizer, Closer)

We will be open to suggestions as long as you provide statistical/video evidence.

The link is include please give positive/constructive feedback.

Dont worry about the graphics. They will look good once u play the demo.
Don't know why I keep hearing people say this... :rolleyes

It's a demo, not the complete, not the full assets of the game, a partial. Demo are usually builds months before gold release. If anything, a demo will showcase weak graphics compare to a gold build.

Graphics are not important as gameplay, especially in a basketball game, but I want to atleast feel like they've improved more than just the gameplay mechanics. After all, who wants to pay $60 just for a dream time, player specific special moves and jay-z co-signing?

Last edited:
EA owns the FIBA rights. If 2K had the opportunity to include them, they would have.

Why do people always complain about graphics? What are you expecting for a YEARLY game?
Because if we pay $60 annually THE LEAST we can expect is the game to improve some visually. 2K devs are just lazy Madden has made great visual improvements since Madden 11 2K hasn't since 2K11

Don't know why I keep hearing people say this... :rolleyes
It's a demo, not the complete, not the full assets of the game, a partial. Demo are usually builds months before gold release. If anything, a demo will showcase weak graphics compare to a gold build.
Graphics are not important as gameplay, especially in a basketball game, but I want to atleast feel like they've improved more than just the gameplay mechanics. After all, who wants to pay $60 just for a dream time, player specific special moves and jay-z co-signing?

Um no. The demo is the gameplay. Same graphics and everything. You clearly dont know what the hell you are talking about. its the same game until they patch it after the release. Get your facts straight before you quote someone. The Demo will look nothing like what you seen.

:lol:

I don't see what you guys are talking about with the graphics. All the other trailers the graphics look dope, the dream team video looked like it's just poor quality in general. I guess we'll see when the demo comes out.

Because if we pay $60 annually THE LEAST we can expect is the game to improve some visually. 2K devs are just lazy Madden has made great visual improvements since Madden 11 2K hasn't since 2K11
This.  The way they damn near ignore certain visual improvements for years at a time is frustrating.

We know gameplay is important but that's no excuses for other aspects, even the simplest tweaks/fixes 

to go completely untouched.

Last edited:
They dont update the graphics that much but the presentation has gone up vastly over the last few years, and 2Ks presentation was severely lacking. I'd rather them continue to work on that, give us a few more on the fly pop up stats, bring back the heat check menu, and maybe a few things that I havent even considered before working on graphics. I'll save those wishes for the next generation of consoles

I think they would have shown off a bit of the graphical improvements by now

if there were any significant changes...

Back
Top Bottom