Official NBA 2k13 Thread

:smh:  smh at DCALLAMERICAN thinking he's a basketball guru just cuz he looks at some stats

dude probably has never played organized basketball in his life...
dude thinks he's better than the makers of the game...

sure 2k isn't perfect but IMO he's taking it too far and acting all elitist 

i for one, will not download his rosters...
this situation
I asked for input from the community. I am sorry you feel the way you do Bruce. I didn't mean to offend you.

I do feel that there are community rosters out there that are more thorough than 2K's rosters. Them being the makers of the game really has nothing to do with this situation.

But if you have any suggestions to the sheet I am open. :smokin

:smh:  smh at DCALLAMERICAN thinking he's a basketball guru just cuz he looks at some stats

dude probably has never played organized basketball in his life...
dude thinks he's better than the makers of the game...

sure 2k isn't perfect but IMO he's taking it too far and acting all elitist 

i for one, will not download his rosters...
this situation
I asked for input from the community. I am sorry you feel the way you do Bruce. I didn't mean to offend you.

I do feel that there are community rosters out there that are more thorough than 2K's rosters. Them being the makers of the game really has nothing to do with this situation.

But if you have any suggestions to the sheet I am open. :smokin

DC, don't listen to this impersonator

does anyone know if 2k13 will only have the 2012 USA team and the 1992 USA team ? no 1996 USA, 2000 and 2008 USA teams ?

I'm not criticizing opinions, I am just saying that it's fairly ridiculous that DCA gets this treatment. Who cares about his real-life basketball experience? Also, no one would be critiquing his game play if he wasn't the one who keeps this thread alive.
I just want to know what my "assumed" basketball experience has to do with anything. :lol:

does anyone know if 2k13 will only have the 2012 USA team and the 1992 USA team ? no 1996 USA, 2000 and 2008 USA teams ?
Just those two teams.

Unless ypu get the PC version where you can do anything you want
I played with your rosters last year and really enjoyed them.
This. I dont think its a stretch to say that 2ks Rosters are bad, but they kind of have to be. They wouldnt draw in a large base if they werent throwing out high overalls, 3 balls, and dunking shoes all willy nilly. If they tried to lower them and make them as "accurate as possible" a large section of the player base would be upset.

Any word on lobbies? IDK if I can deal with another year of non Hall Of Fame online play. 

But the issue with them putting out dumbed down rosters is it affects Gameplay. People thought 2K12 was a bad game. I disagree completely. I feel that the bad rosters from 2K made many think the game was done.

Case in point, MyPlayer. The tendencies out of the box caused the AI to stand around and act foolishless with and without the ball. How many complaints did you hear from people about their teammates in MyPlayer. That is ALL rosters. The game isn't broke at all, it was the rosters.

So many big men that had high hesitation dribble tendencies. Spin-shot jumper tendencies (Dwight had like a 50). It is almost like they copied and pasted templates and pasted them into the player's slots.

Honestly, the average fan wouldn't notice or doesn't care to notice. But for those of us that want realistic experiences from the CPU, I don't see how you can tolerate the rosters they give us.

And I think if overall ratings weren't shown, people would be more prone to accept realistic ratings. But you are right, as long as people see overall ratings, that is the only thing they will see. Which is sad.

But the issue with them putting out dumbed down rosters is it affects Gameplay. People thought 2K12 was a bad game. I disagree completely. I feel that the bad rosters from 2K made many think the game was done.

Case in point, MyPlayer. The tendencies out of the box caused the AI to stand around and act foolishless with and without the ball. How many complaints did you hear from people about their teammates in MyPlayer. That is ALL rosters. The game isn't broke at all, it was the rosters.

So many big men that had high hesitation dribble tendencies. Spin-shot jumper tendencies (Dwight had like a 50). It is almost like they copied and pasted templates and pasted them into the player's slots.

Honestly, the average fan wouldn't notice or doesn't care to notice. But for those of us that want realistic experiences from the CPU, I don't see how you can tolerate the rosters they give us.

And I think if overall ratings weren't shown, people would be more prone to accept realistic ratings. But you are right, as long as people see overall ratings, that is the only thing they will see. Which is sad.

That's the only thing i disagree with, they clearly even stated in the my player developer insight, that they hired engineers to improve cpu AI so they wouldn't be ******ed, that part of the game was broken.

Tendencies would only fix so much like Javale Mcgee taking 3s and other bad shots, but yea your right overall ratings really mess things up

Last edited:
It wasn't broken. Nowhere near broken man.

Download my roster from 2KShare or the Sim World Roster and start up a myplayer and notice the difference between that and the official 2k rosters. Night and day. It isn't broken man.

Trust me, MyPlayer mode with "real" rosters was fine in 2K12. Honestly there isn't anything to disagree with. If they had real rosters there really wouldn't be anything to engineer. Most AI issues are from messed up tendencies. Trust me on that. Many folks on OS have spent hours upon hours testing and tweeking gameplay to know that this is true.

2K12 was a well played basketball game. Just not out of the box.

Last edited:
Trust me, MyPlayer mode with "real" rosters was fine in 2K12. Honestly there isn't anything to disagree with. If they had real rosters there really wouldn't be anything to engineer. Most AI issues are from messed up tendencies. Trust me on that. Many folks on OS have spent hours upon hours testing and tweeking gameplay to know that this is true.

Is your roster available on 2kshare for PS3? I wanna try it cause i never really mess with roster edits and sliders I just wanna see if it makes the game play smoother cause sometimes dudes be having me want to rip my hair out

Download my roster from 2KShare or the Sim World Roster and start up a myplayer and notice the difference between that and the official 2k rosters. Night and day. It isn't broken man.
if you need to revamp the rosters to make the game playable, then IMO it is broken. the game should be good to go right out of the box. if they expect the users to build the roster for them, then they have no business charging $60 for a game IMO

if you need to revamp the rosters to make the game playable, then IMO it is broken. the game should be good to go right out of the box. if they expect the users to build the roster for them, then they have no business charging $60 for a game IMO

that's how i feel. I dont buy something to have to spend hours customizing after i spent 60. i expect it to play like it should

This. I dont think its a stretch to say that 2ks Rosters are bad, but they kind of have to be. They wouldnt draw in a large base if they werent throwing out high overalls, 3 balls, and dunking shoes all willy nilly. If they tried to lower them and make them as "accurate as possible" a large section of the player base would be upset.

Any word on lobbies? IDK if I can deal with another year of non Hall Of Fame online play. 

Some ratings are off but honestly, most of the overalls are fine. The real issue, which the 'casual fan' barely notices/understands, is the tendencies/plays/touches ratings. When you play the Bulls CPU and Rose is playing passively and not attacking, it's a tendency issue. His ratings are really high but the playbook system and tendencies are all over the place. Out of the box, playing against the CPU is terrible because they play completely unrealistically.

I feel bad that people like DC have to waste HOURS of their time because 2K is too lazy to come with correct when rating players. Too lazy to test the game and notice that Joel Anthony is throwing out up and unders like The Dream. :smh: :smh:

User vs. User, I love the game though.

Some ratings are off but honestly, most of the overalls are fine. The real issue, which the 'casual fan' barely notices/understands, is the tendencies/plays/touches ratings. When you play the Bulls CPU and Rose is playing passively and not attacking, it's a tendency issue. His ratings are really high but the playbook system and tendencies are all over the place. Out of the box, playing against the CPU is terrible because they play completely unrealistically.
I feel bad that people like DC have to waste HOURS of their time because 2K is too lazy to come with correct when rating players. Too lazy to test the game and notice that Joel Anthony is throwing out up and unders like The Dream. :smh: :smh:
User vs. User, I love the game though.

But the issue isn't the overalls. The overalls are fine and the ratings are handed out for overalls to be fine. When we do rosters we don't have an overall in mind for a player BEFORE we edit his individual attributes. That leads to lying and inaccuracy.

Example, before 2K does their ratings they have an order in which they want their players to fall into. They might say, "Kobe needs to be the best SG at around a 92-94." If you do this, you are going to do whatever it takes for Kobe to get that rating. Instead of just rating each individual attribute fairly and honestly, and just allowing his overall to fall into whatever it should be.

This is why the ratings look like rankings. Overalls are predetermined before the rating process is even done.

That isn't true though. The game isn't broken, it is just shipping not in the form that it should be. You are right, it should be on point but it isn't. That is an issue and I don't understand why they don't take their rosters as serious as everything else.

^ Bedwardsroy's rosters were the truth.
pimp.gif

Had a blast playing 2k12 with his rosters.

Back
Top Bottom