Official NBA 2k13 Thread

I guess I'm really interested in what kind of animation tracks they have for the Sig skills. Like do they have it where if you're checking somebody with ankle breaker and they executive it, do you get caught in a stupid animation to show you got your ankle broke, kinda like how u get dunked on in 12?? Like I need to know the extent to which these skills serve and how much influence it has on the players around them. Animation tracks is one of the things that sucked so bad before.

Why do you think those will be the only changes made to the product?
to be honest, 2K does a terrible job promoting the new parts of the game people care about. sure the dream team and jay z and all that look exciting to your casual fan i guess, but 2k hardly ever mentions that they re-did physics or changed the (imo horrific) shot stick so that it's like the crossover stick ala live 10 :smile:hat)

i played 2k11 and didn't enjoy it, just started messing around with 2k12 and it's whatever, but i'm pumped to try 2k13.

regarding graphics, i somewhat agree that it doesnt matter because who's really paying attention to that during the game? but it does show a little laziness that the players look exactly like they did 2-3 years ago.

For those that are interested, Hyperballer and I have released the first version of our Signature Skill Edits. Yes it is early but let me know what you think.
Read the write up before commenting. There is a tab for qualifications for each skill.

what skill with bradley beal have?

to be honest, 2K does a terrible job promoting the new parts of the game people care about. sure the dream team and jay z and all that look exciting to your casual fan i guess, but 2k hardly ever mentions that they re-did physics or changed the (imo horrific) shot stick so that it's like the crossover stick ala live 10 (
pimp.gif
)
i played 2k11 and didn't enjoy it, just started messing around with 2k12 and it's whatever, but i'm pumped to try 2k13.
regarding graphics, i somewhat agree that it doesnt matter because who's really paying attention to that during the game? but it does show a little laziness that the players look exactly like they did 2-3 years ago.
I hope releases are fixed. This year they seemed very delayed.

For those that are interested, Hyperballer and I have released the first version of our Signature Skill Edits. Yes it is early but let me know what you think.

Read the write up before commenting. There is a tab for qualifications for each skill.

We are attempting to get the ball rolling a little early this year. Signature Skills seems like a nice addition even though we feel some of the skills are a little redundant. We hope to use these skills to make each and every player play true to their real life counterpart.

Everyone will not have a skill. Both of us were somewhat disappointed reading the, "What skills will the players of your favorite team thread" because so many were just throwing out skills like hotcakes. We will not approach skill assignments as nicely.

We will be very conservative and we will assign the very best skills only. This isn't Little League Baseball, everyone will not get a trophy for showing up. You have to excel to have a skill assigned. Don't forget that we still have player ratings.

Rookies will be limited to 1 signature skill until they prove otherwise. By prove we mean that the rookie class of 2012 will be re-evaluated during the All Star Break for consideration. Until then, they have to prove themselves just like any other NBA Player. Averaging 10 APG in the ACC doesn't mean you will automatically be assigned the Dimer/Floor General Skill. New stage, new level, new day.

Some of the skills will be put on ice by us until we test them out to see how effective they are. (Ankle Breaker, Posterizer, Closer)

We will be open to suggestions as long as you provide statistical/video evidence.

The link is include please give positive/constructive feedback.

dude you sound like police :lol:

what skill with bradley beal have?
Right now none. If he can shoot 43% or better with 90% of his 3's assisted he can get Spot Up Shooter. Other than that what do you think he could deserve?

Every rookie won't have 1. But those that get any are restricted to 1 until they are proven.

We are attempting to get the ball rolling a little early this year. Signature Skills seems like a nice addition even though we feel some of the skills are a little redundant. We hope to use these skills to make each and every player play true to their real life counterpart.

Everyone will not have a skill. Both of us were somewhat disappointed reading the, "What skills will the players of your favorite team thread" because so many were just throwing out skills like hotcakes. We will not approach skill assignments as nicely.

We will be very conservative and we will assign the very best skills only. This isn't Little League Baseball, everyone will not get a trophy for showing up. You have to excel to have a skill assigned. Don't forget that we still have player ratings.

Rookies will be limited to 1 signature skill until they prove otherwise. By prove we mean that the rookie class of 2012 will be re-evaluated during the All Star Break for consideration. Until then, they have to prove themselves just like any other NBA Player. Averaging 10 APG in the ACC doesn't mean you will automatically be assigned the Dimer/Floor General Skill. New stage, new level, new day.

Some of the skills will be put on ice by us until we test them out to see how effective they are. (Ankle Breaker, Posterizer, Closer)

We will be open to suggestions as long as you provide statistical/video evidence.

Lamarcus Aldridge has no skills... ok :rofl:

Lamarcus Aldridge has no skills... ok :rofl:

neither does Horford...but Gustav Ayon does lol

I want to know if this game will have an actual Halftime show with other game highlights around the league like NFL 2k5 for the Ps2 had.. That would be sick!!! **Crosses Fingers**

The list isn't complete fellas. We are taking feedback.

What skills do you think LeMarcus deserves besides Post Proficiency? That is the only one we are battling with.

Horford? He doesn't do anything exceptionally well.

We have statistical qualifications for our skill assignments.

James Jones doesn't meet our requirements for sig skill Spot Up. 43% shooting with 90% of their 3's assisted. James Jones didn't meet the requirements.

Last edited:
Amar'e with not a skill to his name :lol:
We are open to suggestions. Which skills do you feel Amare deserves?

And the worst thing you can take from this is compare the number of skills a player has and deduce that it means we feel one player is better than another. Ayon made the cutoff for the Active Hands Skill. Amare didn't. The most you can say here is his hands are more active than Amare. But more skills doesn't mean a better player. It just means what you see. More skills. But you have to look to see which skills those are.

Last edited:
I'll look for what skills 2k gives them first. I play online so thats what matters the most. I've always seen your custom work DC and I'm just always disappointed. Amare is STILL a High flyer BTW.

I'll look for what skills 2k gives them first. I play online so thats what matters the most. I've always seen your custom work DC and I'm just always disappointed. Amare is STILL a High flyer BTW.
I disagree with Amare being a high flyer player these days. He is mostly a jump shooter. Which is evident by his shot locations. He takes nearly as many jumpshots per game as shots at the rim. This isn't the past Amare isn't a Posterizer in 2012. He might catch someone slipping but to give him a skill as a Posterizer? Nah.

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Amare Stoudemire

I disagree with Amare being a high flyer player these days. He is mostly a jump shooter. Which is evident by his shot locations. He takes nearly as many jumpshots per game as shots at the rim. This isn't the past Amare isn't a Posterizer in 2012. He might catch someone slipping but to give him a skill as a Posterizer? Nah.
http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Amare Stoudemire
He was hurt last year mixed with personal drama. He DUNKS ON PPL.

What would Terrence Willams be? What would travis outlaw be? What is Larry Sanders? What is Donte Green? What is Corey Brewer?

People who ARE KNOWN DUNKERS THAN THEY ARE JUMP SHOOTERS.

Last edited:
Blake will be the only current player that we will assign Posterizer because of how easy it usually is to get dunks in traffic in 2K. Just because a player doesn't have Posterizer doesn't mean he will never dunk on someone. It will still be able to happen, they just won't do it at a high rate.

And to say Amare was hurt last year supports my point. If he recovers and comes back as his old self fine, but based on the last Amare that we saw he does not deserve Posterizer. If if I wasn't just giving it to Blake.

There is enough cheese in the game, we don't need any more. That skill shouldn't even be in the game to be honest.

Blake will be the only current player that we will assign Posterizer because of how easy it usually is to get dunks in traffic in 2K. Just because a player doesn't have Posterizer doesn't mean he will never dunk on someone. It will still be able to happen, they just won't do it at a high rate.
And to say Amare was hurt last year supports my point. If he recovers and comes back as his old self fine, but based on the last Amare that we saw he does not deserve Posterizer. If if I wasn't just giving it to Blake.
There is enough cheese in the game, we don't need any more. That skill shouldn't even be in the game to be honest.
Your settings are for you. Common gamers may use it, but hardcore online players such as my self ain't touching it. Speaking of which lets play a match, I wanna see if you really do play realism.

These are for whoever wants to use them. There are no custom rosters that have 100% support. Everyone has folks that love/hate their rosters. You are entitled to feel however you are.

I am mostly an offline player. I don't trust 2K's ratings, tendencies system. No uniformity or science behind it. Inconsistency.

But

2K12 right now? We can play.

You on now?

These are for whoever wants to use them. There are no custom rosters that have 100% support. Everyone has folks that love/hate their rosters. You are entitled to feel however you are.
I am mostly an offline player. I don't trust 2K's ratings, tendencies system. No uniformity or science behind it. Inconsistency.
But
2K12 right now? We can play.
You on now?
give me like 20 mintutes. You got 360? If so PM your gamertag.

only thing i don't understand is why so strict with the sig skills, i see some marquee players with 3 but then a valuable role player with 5 :smh:

Back
Top Bottom