>Official NBA 2K14: Join NTers @ 2K Park IF Next Gen + General Tips/Discussion

Ok, I need you guys' verdict on this situation I'm in.

I was playing this bastard (K-Town-Trash) in a best of 7 series for $9. He's using the Cavs and I the Wizards.

The game was tied 85 apiece in OT with 3.5 seconds left when he fouled me in the paint while I was trying to go up with NeNe. As I was shooting my first free throw, this dude PAUSES the game DURING the middle and tail end of my free throw release to mess up/throw off my free throw timing, causing me to miss the free throw. I immediately let go of the shot stick when the pause screen magically appeared which gave me a early C- release on the first FT. I proceeded to sink the second free throw with PERFECT RELEASE.

There was 3.5 seconds left so he called a timeout to advance the ball. I was too pissed, too occupied screaming and cussing him out on the mic that I forgot to play defense and let him have a free open lane to the hoop with Kyrie, putting him by 1 with 0.8 seconds left. I proceeded to miss the GW with Beal with 0.8 seconds left.

HERE'S THE PROBLEM AND MY QUESTION:

This dude claims that it is not possible to pause the game DURING the opponent's FT; He claims that it's only possible to pause the game when the player has the possession of the ball. He also claims that it's only possible to pause the game AFTER the opponent shoots the free throw, not during the free throw animation. I CLEARLY felt my FT being affected when he paused the game. If you guys were in my position, would u demand that u replay and rerun this game after his antics? Do u guys think it's possible to pause the game while the opponent is shooting his free throws? He must've mashed the **** outta the start button as I was shooting to cause it to pause during my FT release. *** move.

You can pause the game while the other team is shooting a free throw... it affects everyone.

I was playing this bastard (K-Town-Trash) in a best of 7 series for $9. He's using the Cavs and I the Wizards.

The game was tied 85 apiece in OT with 3.5 seconds left when he fouled me in the paint while I was trying to go up with NeNe. As I was shooting my first free throw, this dude PAUSES the game DURING the middle and tail end of my free throw release to mess up/throw off my free throw timing, causing me to miss the free throw. I immediately let go of the shot stick when the pause screen magically appeared which gave me a early C- release on the first FT. I proceeded to sink the second free throw with PERFECT RELEASE.

There was 3.5 seconds left so he called a timeout to advance the ball. I was too pissed, too occupied screaming and cussing him out on the mic that I forgot to play defense and let him have a free open lane to the hoop with Kyrie, putting him by 1 with 0.8 seconds left. I proceeded to miss the GW with Beal with 0.8 seconds left.

This dude claims that it is not possible to pause the game DURING the opponent's FT; He claims that it's only possible to pause the game when the player has the possession of the ball. He also claims that it's only possible to pause the game AFTER the opponent shoots the free throw, not during the free throw animation. I CLEARLY felt my FT being affected when he paused the game. If you guys were in my position, would u demand that u replay and rerun this game after his antics? Do u guys think it's possible to pause the game while the opponent is shooting his free throws? He must've mashed the **** outta the start button as I was shooting to cause it to pause during my FT release. *** move.

Either way it's not good sportsmanship. This why you shouldn't bet on gaming.

:rofl: :smokin

Yeah, it's a scumbag but as far as I'm concerned it's completely legal. I'd be pissed too but at the end of the day he found a legal loophole to help him win, Furthermore, he was still down after he did what he did. Honestly I wouldn't give you a replay, hell if I was in your position I wouldn't even ask for a replay.

I've had a lot worse happen playing at the arcade for money.... I'm talking about dudes mashing my buttons bumping my arm all kinds of grimey _____

Last edited:

Dude is lame for that. You're lucky you only lost $9 though.

Is there a way to keep the OG colorways for Jordans? They all get converted over to your team colors and it makes them look like fakes lol

Ive tried editing but you cant get them down perfectly.. like bred 1's

started the game with a 6'7 small forward... drafted to the Hawks and couldn't stand playing with those loser so demanded a trade about 15 games into the season or so...

landed with the Bulls who at the time had a great record .... we go 2-8 in the next 10..  averaging 20 points and around 8 boards per game ... don't remember my assist numbers

can't stand the cpu's interior defense so i had to take matters into my own hands

started a new career with a 6'11 center ... got drafted #10 to the Trailblazers and we're man handling people ... i'm averaging 11 points / 6 rebounds / 3 assists / 2 blocks through 13 games ... we're 10-3

me and LA on the blocks is a problem...  Matthews and Lillard get buckets .. playing center in this game really takes a basketball IQ because ****** really don't want to pass you the ball... you have to set solid screens and find ways to slip into the paint, all while avoiding the 3 secs call... same on defense... gotta slide in and out of the paint, play help defense when a guard gets around his man with the ball, and stay disciplined when the bigs are doing post moves and pump fakes .. it's been a lot more fun tho

i have considered making a front court player but the thought of not being able to orchestrate the offense turned me off

that is unless i become the ultimate stretch point center :nerd:

Last edited:
i have considered making a front court player but the thought of not being able to orchestrate the offense turned me off

that is unless i become the ultimate stretch point center
nerd.gif
yeh, touches are a premium at this position...

i might get about 8 shots off...  the pick and roll game gets me some nice dunk opportunities when my man and the dude I pick both go for the ball handler

you have to make the best of your chances ... im shooting around 52% from the field on the season and around 71% at the line

Made a center and got drafted by the pelicans same team as my pg :smh:

Gonna request a trade first chance I get

Last edited:
Made a center last year. It definitely starts off slow, but once your myPlayer gets really good. The game becomes really easy and they'll give you the ball A LOT more.

My Center is rated 98 I overall and gets to touch rhe ball almost on every possession, and when I dont, I get the rebound and put back so dont worry you will get the ball alot more as you get better. Once your offensive awareness gets high enuff he will start to spin out of his post move toward the basket for an easy dunk or oop.

I have a scoring sf, I average like 55 ppg lol, I shoot almost 70% on HOF, ***** easy mayne. Defense on the other hand :x

Impossible to play a private match with a friend, says server is down 3 days in a row (XB1). Yet I can play quick match online.
Best thing about this game is Phil Collin on the soundtrack.

Last edited:
MP Worked OK for me last night, But The Park mode glitching like crazy :smh:

Back
Top Bottom