>Official NBA 2K14: Join NTers @ 2K Park IF Next Gen + General Tips/Discussion

If you watched the next gen trailer for 2k14, LeBron and everyone looks completely different (in a good way)

Live hasn't put out a game in what 2 years? Now you think they can have something good?

LOL
Trailers like that don't mean anything. Seeing actual gameplay footage is the only thing that should be judged. It looked good though but it means nothing forreal

I agree. 2K's create a player mode has barely been touched this generation. It is sad.

But it seems like people are looking for ANY reason to jump back on the Live bandwagon. I understand, it is what our hearts are attached to since that is what we grew up on. But I have zero reason to have an ounce of faith in EA's Basketball game. NO reason at all.
If the gameplay from last year remains, I'll gladly jump ship. Last year they just got really lazy. Its been said 1000 times, but I'll say it again the fact that they made a basketball game where blocking almost did not exist......... just is annoying. Only played it because it was literally the only basketball game out, but now that I may have options, I'll play both and then make my decision.

If the gameplay from last year remains, I'll gladly jump ship. Last year they just got really lazy. Its been said 1000 times, but I'll say it again the fact that they made a basketball game where blocking almost did not exist......... just is annoying. Only played it because it was literally the only basketball game out, but now that I may have options, I'll play both and then make my decision.
I can't speak on 2K13. I never even played the game. But I am simply saying I have no reason to believe in Live other than my childhood history with them. And I am not that irrational of a dude to waste $60 on something that hasn't proven anything to me in 3 years.

I can't speak on 2K13. I never even played the game. But I am simply saying I have no reason to believe in Live other than my childhood history with them. And I am not that irrational of a dude to waste $60 on something that hasn't proven anything to me in 3 years.
Well I got 2k13 for free and 2k12 and 2k11 I bought during black friday for cheap.

I'll rent Live or something before I buy it.

Last edited:
I worked so hard on 2k13. I'm not getting 14 if I have to start all over. Well over 150k vc 7 seasons ALL EARNED! ....99 player rating...5 championship rings..... already HOF eligible. Nah I'm good with 13.

my player averages 3 blocks a game. I'm 6'9 SF. I play the 2 a lot tho. I find it easy to block

my player averages 3 blocks a game. I'm 6'9 SF. I play the 2 a lot tho. I find it easy to block

I get around the same amount of blocks as a 6'7 SG but if everythibg was blockable like itd should be id be at 7 or something

Yall's Y button must get a lot of action if you AVERAGE 3 blocks per game. Means you must attempt around 8+. For a SF that is a whole lot of Y Button action. Make sure we play when 2K14 comes out

Both Live and 2k14's next gen trailers look good, but I'm waiting to see 5 on 5 gameplay from both titles to make a better assessment of both.
But I have zero reason to have an ounce of faith in EA's Basketball game. NO reason at all.
With the negative rep EA built from the mismanagement of their basketball game the last few years I don't blame you. This is why EA needs to be more proactive in their promotion of Live 14.

They've dropped little tidbits here and there, but we should really know more about Live 14 at this point. 2k still has to roll out current gen 2k14, so it's understandable why they haven't revealed much about next gen 2k14, but Live doesn't have that issue.  Live 14 drops in a little under 2 months, EA should have already dropped a few blogs/videos about the improvements made to Live 14 to try and re-establish consumer confidence in the Live product and get a leg up on 2k as far as next gen goes. And they need to drop a slew of gameplay videos so that we can get a better idea of what to expect from Live 14.

I'm really hoping Live can come correct this year. Another solid basketball game means gives us more options and the competition would force 2k not to get complacent.

I agree. 2K's create a player mode has barely been touched this generation. It is sad.

But it seems like people are looking for ANY reason to jump back on the Live bandwagon. I understand, it is what our hearts are attached to since that is what we grew up on. But I have zero reason to have an ounce of faith in EA's Basketball game. NO reason at all.

need a match under 2k's *** to step it up when they see their sales slip to 2k.
Kind of like Madden.

Last time I've actually LOVED a 2k was 2k11, the last two if it wasn't for black friday cheap deals, I wouldnt cop.

No way I'm copping Live '14. 2K is just better overall gameplay. Live might just have better presentation and modes. MIGHT.

2k still refuses to drop Wade into the 80s

Hes a 92 when 2k14 ships out. Should be mid 80s max as we approach the halfway point of the season though.

Hes a 92 when 2k14 ships out. Should be mid 80s max as we approach the halfway point of the season though.
2K refuses to honest rate all of their superstars. It ASTONISHES me that they found a way to boost Steph Curry's overall to an 88. No way in hell he has accurate athletic/defensive stats. No way.

2K refuses to honest rate all of their superstars. It ASTONISHES me that they found a way to boost Steph Curry's overall to an 88. No way in hell he has accurate athletic/defensive stats. No way.

I can find a way for him to be an 88

Dude is the total package on offense and while he doesnt have good on ball d, he gets alot of steals

I think its gonna seem logical

But like how they criminally overrate D Wade is funny

Dude is the total package on offense and while he doesnt have good on ball d, he gets alot of steals

Wade is still a 92 in real life. Its not like his mid range is over rated in the game. He attacks the basket pretty accurately, can pass, steal, and defend. What part of his rating is over rated?

ill happily hand out some thrashings come the 15th of november.. 
nerd.gif

You are ignoring how the rating system works. You seem to be looking at it as, "How good is he."

Steph isn't a good athlete.
Steph isn't a good defender.

Those two things alone should (when rated properly) disqualify ANY PG/SG from having an 88 rating.

Trust me here.

Back
Top Bottom