>Official NBA 2K14: Join NTers @ 2K Park IF Next Gen + General Tips/Discussion

I just want to block dunks and lay ups man. And to stop my CPU teammates from reaching for everything knowing darn well they almost never get the steal. And for 2k to stop making me not able to switch off to my teammates on certain plays. That mess is the worst ever.

Meaning the unstoppable spin layups?!

mean.gif
Yeah spin/dunk layups, leaning layups..I hate it

I was playing someone the other day.. Rudy Gay is a master of the spins hah 

Also Dion Waiters, fools inside game in 2k is ridiculous and yeah I'd say unstoppable

i know somebody who abused the **** outta this...

brook lopez/lamarcus
mean.gif
mean.gif
More like howard..

I just want to block dunks and lay ups man. And to stop my CPU teammates from reaching for everything knowing darn well they almost never get the steal. And for 2k to stop making me not able to switch off to my teammates on certain plays. That mess is the worst ever.
I know how you feel, I was playing yesterday against the cavs I swear I came across many plays against waiters going inside where I feel like the dunk/layup shouldve been blocked by my user skillzz. Irage. lol but yeah I agree on the part when sometimes you can't for some reason be able to switch off to teammates on some play; thought it was only me and my controller...

This is arguably top 5...

Worst game modes of all time

Regardless of game

They really need to bring back reliving players greatest moments that was way better than this
I agree. Having the greatest moments was way fun; hah just thought it would be cool to play tmac and score 13 points in 35 seconds!

I know how you feel, I was playing yesterday against the cavs I swear I came across many plays against waiters going inside where I feel like the dunk/layup shouldve been blocked by my user skillzz. Irage. lol but yeah I agree on the part when sometimes you can't for some reason be able to switch off to teammates on some play; thought it was only me and my controller...
Bruh, its the oddest thing ever. It never makes any sense. Or even sometimes during a loose ball and your right next to the ball but the game forces you to move EXTRA slow and allow the cpu to get the ball before you even though the ball is right next to your feet......

Or how sometimes the game literally stops you from jumping to even try to get a rebound... no matter how many times you pres the jump button, your feet are like cement.

Those are details of the game that IGN wouldn't be able to cover because they don't play the game like how diehard fans do. They are on the causal gamer tip when it comes to sports games

Last edited:

Bruh, its the oddest thing ever. It never makes any sense. Or even sometimes during a loose ball and your right next to the ball but the game forces you to move EXTRA slow and allow the cpu to get the ball before you even though the ball is right next to your feet......

Or how sometimes the game literally stops you from jumping to even try to get a rebound... no matter how many times you pres the jump button, your feet are like cement.

Those are details of the game that IGN wouldn't be able to cover because they don't play the game like how diehard fans do. They are on the causal gamer tip when it comes to sports games
Just played a game against the thunder. Haha not even that I forced a steal and my teammate was right next to the ball and just decided to watch it wtf. Durant and westbrook combined a cheesefest -_-

When is the demo going to be released?
I researched this...
[table][tr][td]
2K11: September 14 - 20 days before release (Oct 5)
2K12: September 20 - 14 days before release (Oct 4)
2K13: September 25 - 7 days before release (Oct 2)

[/td][/tr][/table]
Around 17-24th.. I don't know about you guys but I'll mostly be occupied on some GTAIV
laugh.gif

[h2]  [/h2]
[h2]Crews in NBA 2K14[/h2]

September 13, 2013 at 3:00pm

Hey everyone, Chris Manning (Community Manager for 2K Sports) here.

One of our most exciting announcements this year was the return of Crews for current gen (PS3 and 360). Fans have been clamoring for information since the announcement and I had an opportunity to catch up with the dev. team to get some scoop for you guys.

First off, Crews has seen some changes since its last appearance in NBA 2K11 but the focus of BALANCE this time around was a major emphasis. This year, in NBA 2K14, the gameplay is both smooth and the team did a phenomenal job of improving defense in every way.

You can take your MyPLAYER through his career, build him up in the MyCAREER mode, and prep him for online battles. Your gameday attire will be reflected on your MyPLAYER during matches. Games can be either 3v3 on half-court, or 5v5 on full-court. These will be played on a blacktop court to reflect the pick-up game style of basketball. The games will be to 21. This allows us to focus on the sport of basketball in a unique way leveraging the street-style basketball in a competitive way.

1231302_10153268133865305_819075533_n.jpg

This year, you can claim your Crew’s team name, crew abbreviation and represent your city. Jerseys can be customized in a myriad of ways including colors, home and away jerseys, logos and even different jersey designs.

1240266_10153268268570305_1235007543_n.jpg

Once you get your Crew created, it’s time to begin recruiting. You can invite friends into your Crew. Losing a lot? The Crew Manager can drop members of the Crew or disband the Crew entirely so assemble accordingly. The competition is waiting.

As soon as you’re ready to start taking on other Crews, know that everything will be tracked from a statistical standpoint. The introduction of leaderboards will also help identify the top Crews in the world tracking a number of stats and results.

598473_10153268134850305_860622426_n.jpg

I should also note the settings for Crew games - Superstar Sim. From my time with the game, these were some of my favorite settings, as well as our Community Team Up members who previewed the game early and got hands on impressions. The goal was to make it feel as competitive as possible.

Balance was a focus, especially as the new defensive improvements were incorporated in the game this year. With the introduction of more signature skills, better physicality and the new, awe-inspiring blocking targeting system, defense will play a major part in Crews. Furthermore, the team made sure to incorporate FATIGUE, which was tuned specifically for Crews to make it even more realistic. Again, the focus was making a balanced, competitive game mode despite the progression of individual MyPLAYERS.

NBA 2K14 Crews will be on current gen and we’re eager to see what people do with their MyPLAYERS. This was one of the most fan-requested modes and we’re excited to see what the future holds in store both with this mode and even more exciting, future endeavors we have in mind.

For now, however,  I’m prepared to take on other Crews and make my way up the leaderboards. Who’s rolling with me?

NBA 2K14 is available October 1st for PS3, 360 and PC.

Pre-order today: http://2kgam.es/BuyNBA2K14

I've come to accept that basketball games will always be rife with cheese. Its the price you pay for adding more elements to the game. Theres always some feature they add for the sake of realness that just turns into a disaster.

Crazy...

This is just a short list, but the following players have been confirmed by the major names in the 2K community, including Ronnie2K and LD2K (who recently played the first, full-length game on video). Take a look at what’s been come up with:

· LeBron James - 99

· Kevin Durant - 94

· Carmel Anthony - 92

· Russell Westbrook - 91

· Paul George - 88

· John Wall - 85

· Monta Ellis - 82

· Brook Lopez - 81

· Pau Gasol - 81

· Roy Hibbert - 81

· Anthony Bennett - 76

· Evan Turner - 76

· Victor Oladipo - 76

· Jared Dudley - 73

· Ben McLemore 72

· Nerlens Noel - 72

· Cody Zeller - 68

· Peyton Siva - 67

· Chris Johnson - 66

There are still plenty of big names missing, including stars like Kobe Bryant and Dwayne Wade. However, just out of the current list, do you see any numbers that you’d either bump up or down?

Don't know if it has been answered.. will MyTeam be returning?

And what game modes will they have available on the Next Generation consoles? If I remember correctly last time new consoles came out they were missing some game modes

There are still plenty of big names missing, including stars like Kobe Bryant and Dwayne Wade. However, just out of the current list, do you see any numbers that you’d either bump up or down?
Honestly, ratings shouldn't be commented on until individual attributes are revealed. Overall rating is kinda a pointless debate. Since they are position based as well as the scales for perimeter players more so side with two way players.

Looking at overalls though, Steph Curry's defensive ratings must be highly overrated to get him to an 88 overall. I will just say that much.

And getting Anthony Bennet to a 76 must too a lot of fabrication

Disappointing to hear that MyCrew will be blacktop only, really thinking of canceling my preorder. Ill just pick it up during Black Friday, by then it'll only be $30 anyway.

I guess we wont see footage of NBA 2K14 for next gen systems until after it gets released on current gen systems.

Back
Top Bottom