Official NBA 2k15 Thread

and I've always felt that the mycareer ratings are too low or unbalanced. Even more excited about MyGm now after reading the excerpt @DCAllAmerican posted.
smokin.gif
Explain...........
I think he means how you're pretty much a bum when you first start out, ratings-wise.

If you're a smart/patient player it won't really matter but for some people it can be aggravating.

I think he means how you're pretty much a bum when you first start out, ratings-wise.
If you're a smart/patient player it won't really matter but for some people it can be aggravating.

I don't see the issue in that. If anything I think the My Player mode needs to be much more difficult. The way it was in 2K11. They need to reintroduce the D-league and make dudes suffer instead of having it so damn sweet where you spend like 6 games there, get called up, starting by game 7, averaging 40 by game 20. It is/was so unrealistic.

So I think it is too easy now. WAY too easy

yo let me be great DC. ain't nothing wrong with winning ROY, DPOY, and MVP all in one years time while maxing out stats, wearing all the accessories, wardrobe decked with tees, joggers, gold chains and stunna shades before the playoffs start. it's already bad enough having to sit next to reggie evans on a 6 hour plane ride to NY and driving around in the same whip around the same block every time i come home from a long road trip

Last edited:
Yea I hear you but there needs to be a "Progression Difficulty Level" for dudes like me that want to actually go through a realistic NBA experience. And not being hot shotted to the moon in little to no time. What fun is that?

yo let me be great DC. ain't nothing wrong with winning ROY, DPOY, and MVP all in one years time while maxing out stats, wearing all the accessories, wardrobe decked with tees, joggers, gold chains and stunna shades before the playoffs start. it's already bad enough having to sit next to reggie evans on a 6 hour plane ride to NY and driving around in the same whip around the same block every time i come home from a long road trip

:rofl:

I would rather see a player have to come in from the d-league as well. The fact that you're getting drafted in a draft full of real rookies makes it kinda unrealistic :lol: . Start your *** off in the D-League, have team scouts at your games with the opportunity of getting a D-League call up. Give you a 10 day contract, play well during that span and possibly get a full offer. Finish out the rest of the season on a high note and get offered a long term deal by the same team or by another team in free agency.

That would make MyPlayer :pimp: . It would have more of a success story to it.

I don't see the issue in that. If anything I think the My Player mode needs to be much more difficult. The way it was in 2K11. They need to reintroduce the D-league and make dudes suffer instead of having it so damn sweet where you spend like 6 games there, get called up, starting by game 7, averaging 40 by game 20. It is/was so unrealistic.

Oh I agree with you. I remember when I first picked up 2K11 and thought I would coast to a spot on the team and they sent me to the d-league.

I remember how ashamed and mad I was and I loved that. I loved that you could fail and the game wouldn't just hand you anything.

When they got rid of summer league and you no longer had to fight for a spot I was upset. I truly loved that aspect of the game. It added to the immersion.

But I can also understand where someone who wants to just be a star and dominate the league ASAP would get upset. People play games to live out fantasies.

When the game tells them "No you won't be the #1 overall pick and no you won't be a starter in only 10 games" they get frustrated.

Man in 2K12, they officially dumbed down how easy it was to "make it." I purposely had HORRIBLE Draft Combine Games. 10 turnovers; 0-16, shooting halfcourt shots, just to test it out to see if I would still get drafted. Those fools would still pick me in the first round. I was like, come on man. The hell is this.

But I can also understand where someone who wants to just be a star and dominate the league ASAP would get upset. People play games to live out fantasies.
When the game tells them "No you won't be the #1 overall pick and no you won't be a starter in only 10 games" they get frustrated.
Well those are people that mothers spoiled them as kids.

I agree I miss the D League, Summer League, and pre-draft workouts. I honestly thought that was fun. The rookie showcase is bogus. My only real gripe about the ratings is how low your quickness and speed ratings are at the beginning because they cost a fortune. I'm not trying to come in and drop 40/10/10 in my first game :lol: but I at least wanna be able to run

Last edited:
They should completely get rid of the rookie showcase game. They never have that in real life :lol: . If anything, change it to the D-League showcase.

Just make it where you have to start off in the D-League. If you want to get drafted, it will allow you the option to play a full year in the D-League, THEN go into the draft (like PJ Hairston). Of course, you will still be allowed to leave early and get a 10-day contract as well.

Last edited:
Have them start off as an Undrafted Rookie. You then you are randomly selected to a summer league team. Progressively get no minutes until a few minutes, until decent minutes (if your performance is solid for the time you played). Then the same should happen on the D-League level. Here, you need to spend some TIME and struggle and develop. Until you finally get called up. You are about to have me writing a novel. But yea........

**** that, when I played MyPlayer, I was trying to get drafted in the top 5 picks, then get ROY and MVP and win the chip in the first season. :lol:
****** wanna play NBDL2K15.

wasting my rookie year playing half the games as a Reno Big Horn :x no thanks. who is going to come to my games and see these 2k default kicks i just cooked up in the lab? this athletic build is made for the big stage. meanwhile, this dude Jackson Ellis is laughing his way to a multi million Under Armour deal while i re-evaluate my life next to some guy named LeJrue Cousins

Last edited:
wasting my rookie year playing half the games as a Reno Big Horn :x no thanks. who is going to come to my games and see these 2k default kicks i just cooked up in the lab? this athletic build is made for the big stage. meanwhile, this dude Jackson Ellis is laughing his way to a multi million Under Armour deal

:rofl: bruh

All I'm saying...2k wants to go full sim mode and have the game as real as possible. Well, make it like that all the way through. How the hell Joseph Battie get drafted top 10 and no one never heard of him outside of that one rookie showcase game? :lol:

I agree I miss the D League, Summer League, and pre-draft workouts. I honestly thought that was fun. The rookie showcase is bogus. My only real gripe about the ratings is how low your quickness and speed ratings are at the beginning because they cost a fortune. I'm not trying to come in and drop 40/10/10 in my first game :lol: but I at least wanna be able to run

if you pick the athletic body type, you dont have to worry about that. :wink:

wasting my rookie year playing half the games as a Reno Big Horn :x no thanks. who is going to come to my games and see these 2k default kicks i just cooked up in the lab? this athletic build is made for the big stage. meanwhile, this dude Jackson Ellis is laughing his way to a multi million Under Armour deal while i re-evaluate my life next to my some guy named LeJrue Cousins

Tears b! :nthat:

All I'm saying...2k wants to go full sim mode and have the game as real as possible. Well, make it like that all the way through. How the hell Joseph Battie get drafted top 10 and no one never heard of him outside of that one rookie showcase game? :lol:
and all i'm saying is don't be mad at me when you see me throw down 3 million VCs in the club and still be able to afford a t-shirt the next day from a team you don't even play for while the rest of you dudes still living the "real" life in low top socks. sim dudes pls. by the time you make a team, the only thing i would be stressing about is my rap album leaking 3 weeks earlier than the debut of my 5th Nike shoe

and all i'm saying is don't be mad at me when you see me throw down 3 million VCs in the club and still be able to afford a t-shirt the next day from a team you don't even play for while the rest of you dudes still living the "real" life in low top socks. sim dudes pls. by the time you make a team, the only thing i would be stressing about is my rap album leaking 3 weeks earlier than the debut of my 5th Nike shoe

Lmao you a fool

meh i usually do two files on myplayer. One where I ply it straight so i def want the difficulty turned up, i mean come on, not every player is made to be a superstar. They're are role players too.

the other file, i usually hack and give myself unlimited SP and unlock all the sliders and turn everything to 99. I usually do that right after the rookie showcase, 2 game in the season I'm dropping 80. It's a different kind of fun. I play both save files. The regular one first and this one after I've had my fill. sometimes I'll play this one first, as I did last year and just spazzed every game all season. Still had a blast. dude was looking like the golden child hitting 3s from 50 feet like layups.

I just hope we can actually simulate games in my player. Not sim to only key games.Or simulate to end like in 2k12.

Back
Top Bottom