Official NBA 2k15 Thread

i always run Pick n Rolls but other then that i don't even run actual plays.  Drive and kick baby 
pimp.gif

Trying to incorporate more plays.... 

How do I get the raptors to move naturally the way the spurs do... is that even an option. I dont think its considered a play persay

Don't know how people play on broadcast, it's a spectator angle, the game is played north and south like football.

How do I get the raptors to move naturally the way the spurs do... is that even an option. I dont think its considered a play persay

You need to bring up the offensive emphasis menu then hit R1 (Offensive Strategy)

Your Freelance Offense should be set to Default. To get Spurs action, change it to Swing. Pace would be a good offense for the Raps only when Patrick Patterson is in the game though. Ton of space and PnRs.

Good way to get some plays going (if you're playing CPU or online) is make sure PlayVision is set to Full and switch your POE depending on what type of stuff you want to run. Hold L1 while taking it up court for a Smart Play. The plays are on point most of the time and if you're not feeling the action, you can just break out of it and call for a screen or something.

If you're trying to figure out which plays work best, hit Scrimmage mode.

Try turning on freelance offense.  While on offense press the left button on the dpad and then RB

there you can choose the offense and turn on freelance motion

Don't know how people play on broadcast, it's a spectator angle, the game is played north and south like football.
That's how i've always played. I can't stand 2k view or whatever it's called where you're behind the players facing the basket

For those still wondering about their pre-order bonus,  if you're on xbox one you get 15k points but none of the other stuff (sleeves, myteam cards) even though it was listed in the pre order bundle on the xbox store

Shooting %'s look fine. Me vs. CPU. Superstar Sim. I got blown out though

View media item 1216575

Not nearly enough 3s though from the Rockets though.. They take 7 a quarter IRL lol. I hope it was because your D was so bad that they were being aggressive in taking it into the paint. Even then, Ariza and Harden should be taking more than that on their own.

Not nearly enough 3s though from the Rockets though.. They take 7 a quarter IRL lol. I hope it was because your D was so bad that they were being aggressive in taking it into the paint. Even then, Ariza and Harden should be taking more than that on their own.
I agree, they weren't taking a lot of 3's. I had my defense set up to limit 3PT shooting though. They were feeding Dwight, and he was killing me with basic hooks in the beginning. But again, I play with Player Lock. I was the SG for the Heat. Wade and Napier at times.

The CPU never shoots enough 3's vs. Me though. I don't give them a lot of space.

For those still wondering about their pre-order bonus,  if you're on xbox one you get 15k points but none of the other stuff (sleeves, myteam cards) even though it was listed in the pre order bundle on the xbox store
i got the cards and everything on XBOX One

Played with the heat earlier. It was frustrating. I've never been able to use bosh well in 2k. Napier is pretty good though.

i got the cards and everything on XBOX One
really?  All I got was the points.  I check their site and it said xbox one pre-orders weren't entitled to the other stuff.  Was yours a digital copy too

http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/203663823-Breaking-Down-NBA-2K15-s-Pre-Orders

Last edited:
I run plays a lot, but I'm now experimenting with setting plays to "auto". It allows you to get into your sets much faster and you can focus more on making the right passes in the game. I also play with Real Player shooting/FT %. I've been working on mastering some shot forms, but focusing on the shot too much can keep me from focusing on all other aspects of the game. I'll eventually learn how to shoot with a few teams for online play, but I'm using real player off line.

For anyone that wants to start using plays and never really did at first, try setting it to auto. Also, show the full display of the plays instead of "Lite".

For the 3's, I use this guy's slider set: http://www.operationsports.com/foru...iders/768353-3-point-attempts-statistics.html He has it bumped up quite a bit and I've seen some good results (just not consistent). I also play on SS instead of AS. But, check this out:

Dude, I finally figured it out. It's definitely the Inside/Outside slider under the coach's profile. Popovich was set at 30 for some reason, when everyone knows the Spurs love 3-pointers. So I upped that slider to 50 to give them a nice even focus on offense. They attempted 13 of them on me in the first half and were more willing to shoot.

Also, in case you guys wanna know about my sliders: I have the CPU's tendencies set as this:
Take Inside Shots: 60
Take Close Shots: 30
Take MidRange Shots: 60
Take 3 Point Shots: 100

Aside from the 100 for 3 pointers, this is an accurate scale compared to where the average team attempts their shots. That close area is the least attempted shot. This also is helpful for people who hate seeing the CPU go up for a shot every single time they step into the paint, they kick it back out more often. I've seen it happen from dribble drive penetration and also from offensive rebounds that they send back out to reset.

So, it may be the coach's profile.

Last edited:
You need to bring up the offensive emphasis menu then hit R1 (Offensive Strategy)

Your Freelance Offense should be set to Default. To get Spurs action, change it to Swing. Pace would be a good offense for the Raps only when Patrick Patterson is in the game though. Ton of space and PnRs.

Good way to get some plays going (if you're playing CPU or online) is make sure PlayVision is set to Full and switch your POE depending on what type of stuff you want to run. Hold L1 while taking it up court for a Smart Play. The plays are on point most of the time and if you're not feeling the action, you can just break out of it and call for a screen or something.

If you're trying to figure out which plays work best, hit Scrimmage mode.
Couldn't have said it better.. That's exactly how I play.. I play around with at the diff offenses and motions

So some of the problems I have.

In MyCareer, I'm not a starter yet. I hate how it HAS to be a timeout for you to get subbed in. Like fam, who calls a timeout after a blocked shot/rebound ... Plus sometimes I'll be in the 4th quarter with 7 minutes left and we have no timeouts left.

Teammatse .. STOP SHOOTING THE BALL OFF THE ******* SIDE OF THE BACKBOARD WHEN YOU POST UP ALONG THE BASELINE.

AND MAKE YOUR ******* LAYUPS .. I"M LOOKING AT YOU TERRENCE JONES.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom