OFFICIAL NBA 2K17 Thread | Available Now

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

ill go back to saying it. Pro-am literally takes no skill 

its way to easy. Just play to your strengths and ability and itll be a cake walk..

call me LIGHTS OUT from now on 

70% from 3 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Alright since my last rant it seems like the game is playing a lot better. I don't know if it's the latest patch or because I leveled up to the goat league but the controls are way more responsive. Whoever wanna see these hands in play now I'm here for you

Playing pro am with cats that can play > park

So true...first 2k game in 5 years and none of my friends play so I have to walk on and 95% of the time people have no clue. Yes let's have the slasher bring the ball up instead of the PM sure let's shoot contested not pass to open man why not throw full court outlet not set screens or switch etc takes all the fun out for me.

If anyone needs someone to run with for pro am games let me know i have a lockdown and sharpshooter guards

Last edited:
@xxpizzo wassup? I can't get an invite ?

Do I qualify ?

you already know you would qualify for my team. This isnt my team tho fam sorry. We got 5 to now

its sucks its not like last year where i can just send you an invite to rock with us incase our C aint able to play.

were 15-1 our only loss came from not having a Human Center. Our Computer Center got cooked

Nobody in Hall of Fame and GOAT play on ball defense.

Frustrating as hell wen u really that BA style of play has got them that far. Honestly should be some type of penalty for not playing on ball

Nobody in Hall of Fame and GOAT play on ball defense.

Frustrating as hell wen u really that BA style of play has got them that far. Honestly should be some type of penalty for not playing on ball

Was 2 wins away from goat trophy and went against a dude like this........lost by 2. Was ******* heated.

Just made a 6'6 sf lockdown...**** is so fun locking up everything that comes my way. Kinda missing being able to handle the rock but damn the lockdown is fun.

you just have to know how to use the basic dribble packages..

i abuse dudes with the most basic dribbles lol

Screenshot-Original.png
Screenshot-Original.png
Screenshot-Original.png
Screenshot-Original.png

ill go back to saying it. Pro-am literally takes no skill 

its way to easy. Just play to your strengths and ability and itll be a cake walk..

call me LIGHTS OUT from now on 

70% from 3 :smokin

i think pro am should be HoF but that's just me.

also, before you get to 20 wins, you literally play bums

after 20 wins, (with less than 5 losses) you start getting matched up with decent comp

after like 30 or 40 wins, i think, you get top comp, no games off..

before you get 10 wins tho you basically playing walk on games lol

i also wouldnt say it takes no skill, pizzo is actually nice LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Just made a 6'6 sf lockdown...**** is so fun locking up everything that comes my way. Kinda missing being able to handle the rock but damn the lockdown is fun.

you just have to know how to use the basic dribble packages..

i abuse dudes with the most basic dribbles lol
So I'm consistenly placed at pf. How do you guard bigs in the post?

Do you play behind them or do you front the post?
I used to play with my hands up when they caught it but I notice they make 90% of shots. So when I jump they rarely finish over the top of me.

So I'm consistenly placed at pf. How do you guard bigs in the post?

Do you play behind them or do you front the post?
I used to play with my hands up when they caught it but I notice they make 90% of shots. So when I jump they rarely finish over the top of me.

so here's the diff between SF and PF LDD

my dude just made a 6'5" 175 lbs SF LDD and his off ball speed is +9 over mine....

BUT

my dude is 250 with 72 strength AND rim protector gold + chasedown gold (as opposed to pick pocket)

Basically, as a PF rather than a SF, i'm able to guard bigs in the post like any other big could. i'll take the 72 strength with 84 speed over 50 strength with 93 speed.

the height IS a mismatch, but typically I either a.) have more strength b.) am quicker, so i can strip/slide infront/contest the shot before they even make a move c.) steal the inlet pass before it gets to them.

to answer your question, tho

it depends on what the big is doing to you.

if he is trying to get a pass deep under the basket, you can stand infront of him (in between him and the ballhandler) then try to steal the inlet

OR

you can try to "push" him out of bounds when they pass it

Once he gets the ball, use the pro stick, don't jump. You can swipe with the steal button, but only ONCE and EARLY.....after the first swipe, don't swipe again unless he's obviously going up for a shot (3 seconds)

now, if he's trying to post you before the inlet pass (infront of you) NOT under the basket

A.) push against him. (i know your strength wont be very high tho) before he gets the ball and while he has the ball. you can push them on their pivot and make them pick their dribble up.

b.) do not push in a direction, although you can once you are comfortable countering post moves. for example, you can push FORWARD, but pushing in any other direction puts you at a disadvantage if he spins off the push, so you don't want to over-commit to any side.

c.) when he does finally do a move, try to cut the move off at an angle, as opposed to a straight line.....meaning, if he has you posted, and turns to the right to fade, or up and under, use a diagonal directional move to cut him off, as opposed to straight right. I say to do this because cutting people off at an angle causes them to pick their dribble up more often than straight up. Same logic applies for post moves. I've actually cut off post move animations this way. (maybe due to strength, tho)

getting matched at the 4 in pro am is the worst with a guard SF.

i have a 6'8" 180 lbs playmaker SF who ALWAYS gets put at the 4 and gets DOMINATED inside.

which is part of the reason i made a PF

long winded answer.

forgive me.

Back
Top Bottom