OFFICIAL NBA 2K17 Thread | Available Now

Saw some cavs warriors gameplay last night. Spacing looks to be way better (could be camera angle) and rebounding is totally revamped. The ball looks like it's alive and doesn't just warp into hands

Saw some cavs warriors gameplay last night. Spacing looks to be way better (could be camera angle) and rebounding is totally revamped. The ball looks like it's alive and doesn't just warp into hands
Warping will always exist. I bet if you looked at stuff in instant replay, you would see it. It is all about trying to hide it in real time.

Post the video

wait so now there is a release for layups? 

what the hell is 2k doing...this one is so unnecessary the damn game already misses alot of layup and dunks. 
mean.gif
Now I know what you’re thinking, “Layups? I have trouble hitting layups already, isn’t this just going to make it even harder for me?” The way layup timing has been implemented, the timing modifier acts primarily as a bonus to reward users who can master it but won’t punish you if you can’t do it or ignore the shot meter completely. So if you beat your defender and have a wide open lane or are finishing off a fastbreak layup with no one around, you’re not going to brick the shot even if you completely ignore the timing feature.

The cool thing about layup timing, is it makes you feel like you actually have a chance to impact those tough and-1 contact shots in heavy traffic. So the more you practice, the more you can look like Kyrie finishing those ridiculous circus shots that he makes look so easy. And don’t worry, on the flipside the system is also tuned in such a way that prevents bad shot selection or chucking from half court from being a viable offensive strategy. You still have to take good shots with the right guys to be successful.

will cpu players on your team perform outback dunks/layups?
The logic for putbacks and the new dunk and layup tip ins that we’ve added make rebounding exciting as well. There’s nothing cooler than seeing a player jump up, attempt a putback layup, and then immediately pogo jump back up again to tip in his own putback miss. It makes for some of the coolest, and most natural, looking sequences our game has ever had and it feels really good to be able to tip the ball back in from just about any angle.

And one word of advice about the new body ups, don’t try barreling toward the basket in a straight line through the defense. It’s almost guaranteed to be a charge, lost ball, or picked up dribble. You have to take proper driving angles when going 1-on-1 in NBA 2K17.
People will cry to them about this one and they will change it. I would put $ on it

On the defensive side, one more thing I want to call out is the ability to switch matchups on the fly. If you’re not happy with the matchups that the game automatically generates for you, you can quickly swap them around without going into the pause menu to make sure you have your best defenders checking the biggest threats. This is available in both Play Now against the AI as well as the online modes.
About damn time man.

Last edited:
Ok. The layup timing sounds good. Just hope it is what they say and you can ignore it anytime.

One thing they have to change is the layup side and hand. It's not good at all.

Looks GREAT. The rebounding is looking phenomenal. Ball def doesn't look like it warps. Spacing is a lot better. Love what I'm seeing so far

More Pro-Am details :

Teams will progress through different tiers in Pro-Am based off rank.
Your team gets rewarded more for beating a higher ranked team compared to a lower ranked team (beating a 10-2 team vs. beating a 5-6 team)
You are limited to only 5 gold badges, all the rest are bronze.
As your team ranks up in tiers, you unlock more stuff for your arena.
As your rank up, you will gain sponsorships for your team.
Full blown leaderboard, recording individual stats for each player on each team. Can "scout" other teams.
Rep will be exclusive to Walk-on Pro-AM. You will not gain any for regular Pro-AM games.
You can get to Walk-on Pro-AM games from the park.
Teams can have a maximum 10-man roster.
Can play without the owner.
While you are waiting for a game, you will be in your home court warming up with your team as it searches to find another team to play against.

:pimp: only 5 gold badges and beating higher ranked teams means more

thats good news for the Pro-Am 

everyone gotta be unique in their own way, i ran PF last year gotta talk to my team not sure if we all running same positions i sorta wanna switch it up this year and goto PG. like having control of the game i dont care much for scoring 

did i say it was?

was watching a video and mentioned some things i noticed

the **** you clowns always trying to police video games for?
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

3 hours of gameplay

Some international ball featuring your myplayer 

Last edited:
that usa court looks hella small lol. Narrow.

2k stay trolling us on the young black men hairstyles. It's either those struggle braids year after year or that poverty fade.

Does anyone know of Clark Kellogg is going to be an announcer? Hes the only one I like for real.

thats good news for the Pro-Am 

everyone gotta be unique in their own way, i ran PF last year gotta talk to my team not sure if we all running same positions i sorta wanna switch it up this year and goto PG. like having control of the game i dont care much for scoring 

I originally built my player to be like KD, but he ended up being more of a stretch 4 who was slow against wings :lol: I eventually turned into a Draymond for my squad (even though I played SF). Usually averaged around 12-15 points with 7-9 boards and 5-7 assists. Defense was good mainly due to instincts, but I really wish my player's lateral quickness was better (like how I wanted to create him).

I'm happy they introduced the player body types this year. I will probably make a Draymond this time and be a secondary playmaker on the team.

are you guys on xbox? I've never played pro-am before, or mypark. But I probably will this year. Let's link up a team bruhs.

Back
Top Bottom