Official NBA 2K18 Thread | Available Now

Wish this thread was more centered around strategy and not fighting, but I agree there are a few folks that come in to simply complain about nothing game related. If yall don't mess with Enphan, just ignore him.

Is there anyway to bypass/edit the expected salaries in MyLeague?

I'm starting a 2nd second season and I've got guys like IT, Reke, and a few other notable players stuck in the Free Agent pool because they're asking for insane amounts of money (Reke is asking for 33 million) and all the teams are capped out. I can't offer them anything else without them declining the offer.

Is there anyway to bypass/edit the expected salaries in MyLeague?

I'm starting a 2nd second season and I've got guys like IT, Reke, and a few other notable players stuck in the Free Agent pool because they're asking for insane amounts of money (Reke is asking for 33 million) and all the teams are capped out. I can't offer them anything else without them declining the offer.

you gotta do a combo of things to fix this blunder.

(it's partially 2k and partially the actual NBA...people offered maxed money in anticipation of new rev sharing, but the game can't ASSUME the next couple insane jumps in salary cap.....SO)

a.) you can change each player's motivations in their edit player. i believe it's under vitals.

You can make them less concerned with money more concerned with winning or loyalty

b.) you can change an overall slider for "financial ambitions vs. others" i believe is the phrasing....

which means players will chase winning or be loyal over chasing huge paydays

c.) you can adjust the actual salary cap and hard cap, AND you can play with an inflation slider which will AUTOMATICALLY increase the caps by whatever % you'd like.

(for the record, last years jump is the MAX you can set the slider for the increase....meaning, this is why teams are out of money and players are stuck in free agency asking for 35 million and no teams have even 5. even at the MAX increase you're just basically even with REAL LIFE inflation)

last thing you can do is just let them sit in free agency, then sign them outright off waivers or out of free agency the next year....it kinda sucks, especially if you play with the trade restrictions for recently signed FAs....

i'm salty that since the playoffs started you can't play "start now" which i particularly enjoy because you don't have to micromanage to sim a season that already really happened (try to get the awards and all stars correct by injuries and playing with attributes etc.)

for reference, i typically try to sign j. okafor to the spurs after his contract ends with the nets....but he ALWAYS wants 10 million, no budging.

so i do all the things i mentioned above (i already adjust the caps every time anyway)

and sometimes he signs in FA for like 6-8....and sometimes he doesnt and you have to sign him the next year out of the pool.

Finally started the playoffs in MC. That MVP "ceremony" at the beginning of game 1 was so cringeworthy. Who approved this script??

For all that 2k gawd babble you've been spewing on here like you the best thing to happen to 2k since Frequency Vibration's man died in that car accident....You better be in that 2k league or im going to actually chuckle in real life.

For all that 2k gawd babble you've been spewing on here like you the best thing to happen to 2k since Frequency Vibration's man died in that car accident....You better be in that 2k league or im going to actually chuckle in real life.

you have a real life?

lmao

This scripted MC is so damn annoying. They really made me go down 0-2 to the Raps in the ECSF, forcing me to drop damn near 50 a game to claw back to up 3-2. :smh:

This scripted MC is so damn annoying. They really made me go down 0-2 to the Raps in the ECSF, forcing me to drop damn near 50 a game to claw back to up 3-2. :smh:

im literally torturing myself with my main build to finish the playoffs.

i dropped my minutes to 24 (lowest) and sim after halftime

and it's STILL tough to sit through lmao

Just finished up my first year with DJ. Took the Pelicans to the finals and swept the 76ers. Decided to take my talents to the Warriors were we have all of their current stars plus me and Melo lol.

Also just now started playing MyTeam. Managed to build a nice Ruby lineup without using that much money on packs.

opened up $30 worth of MyTeam packs yesterday and managed to grab diamond Jimmy Butler. First time having a diamond player on my team and I loved it. That card kept me from losing the two games I played yesterday. Went into straight cheese mode with him.

I would love for the Draft Combine to be included in the MyLeage/MyGM sections of the Game. Not being able to physically use the Draft Prospects until Summer League is no good

If they could give you the right mix between the basketball and off the court stuff with out the cheesy story lines My career would be much better

if they would just stop trying to milk you for cash to buy vc ****s ridiculous my guy is in an nba rotation but is a 58 overall? they sooo thirsty i wish they'd just raise the price of the game and remove mycareer from the park and **** and let it stand on it's own

If they could give you the right mix between the basketball and off the court stuff with out the cheesy story lines My career would be much better

There is always a choice the user makes to fall for the money traps.

You don't HAVE to use real money, just play the game naturally and progress as is, without monetary help.

Sure, it will take longer but you have a choice

There is always a choice the user makes to fall for the money traps.

You don't HAVE to use real money, just play the game naturally and progress as is, without monetary help.

Sure, it will take longer but you have a choice

have you seen what that timeline looks like now?

to get your guy into the 80s would take 3 seasons almost and thats playing every single game

they've gone out of their way to make it as difficult as possible to incentivize buying vc

it's pathetic

Back
Top Bottom