OFFICIAL NBA 2K19 Thread | Available Now

breaking a pure lock's ankles >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

some team

we lost to them by 2 in OT the first game, then flooded them the second game lol

still working on chemistry

lol

i had to watch twice to even pick up what you saw...

it's kinda amazing you noticed.

yeah, you have to change pace against them pure locks

(let go of turbo out of a dribble move so slow, almost stop, then hit turbo again with the dribble to kind of boost out of it..with that move, it was turbo into the behind the back, let go of turbo and let the dribble animation carry me into the "hesitation" THEN turbo boost out of that. so basically turbo until i flick back on stick....let go of everything....then turbo direction i was moving already after the behind the back momentum dissipates....THIS is why i laugh when people say it's too hard or there's no skill gap...it takes a paragraph to explain how i brought the ball up once. )

my player is BARELY able to speed boost lol, he TECHNICALLY can't but can...if that makes sense...

so yeah, with pure locks ESPECIALLY

you have to use their aggressiveness against them.

that was a pure lock guarding me in that clip

I am definitely liking the buffed shot contest system. My Pro am team and I went on a 7 game win yesterday and last night (30-7) until we ran into A 2Kleague player YeyNotgaming and his MPBA team. A big difference I saw was I could actually contest these cheesing stretch big's for once. I'm a 6'6 sharpshooting playmaker and usually when these teams run wraps up top of our zone I get matched on these stretch bigs. Their zig zagging doesn't throw me off they literally used to just shoot it over me with zero regard for me being in their grill. Last night however more times than not they missed and were basically not effective at all. It's not where it needs to be at but its getting there.

scouting from highlight clips is always tough.

realistically, i could argue that in the clips i post, since they are highlights, it's me taking advantage of bad defenders or highlighting plays where defenders dont sag off....

with that being said, i am a two-way playmaker. most people do play off me....that's when the lob game, mid-range, post game, pick and pop, wraps and all that come into effect.

you gotta understand....as nice as i am....i have multiple people on the floor with me who are nice, too.

if you ever see snag in my video....he is an insane shooter. he's prolly already hit multiple fading threes. his man needs help. he can't help on me.

if you ever see lesterbones....he has hall of fame poster and lob city finisher.....he's prolly caught 3-4 ridiculous lobs from the three point line setting screens....

etc. etc.

all that in mind...i can actually shoot lol.

i can't come down and jack....i'm more efficient than that...i wouldnt do that with a sharp....i'm about getting a bucket every trip....if not a bucket a REALLY good look.

all that in consideration.....

i can get to the rim with ease...even if you play off me.....

most people are trying to get steals off me because i'm a two way (defense) which actually drops my offensive potency...(not to mention, i am 6'7" the PGs max at 6'6" so i'm literally always taller than my matchup....playing off me just allows me a head of steam to the rim....or WIDE OPEN jumpers which i make more than miss.....)

now, ALL THAT in consideration,

yes, DC, most of these dudes in the clips are burgers.

if you super pay attention to the audio or the visual cues, you'll see when it's a pure lock on me.....

i'm not sure what the best way to guard me is...

i'm crazy unorthodox....i'm pass-first but super aggressive about taking good looks/good shots.

ADD on top of that.....that i'm stripping the other PG almost every possession. he's being drowned in defense the entire game....( if he's even bringing the ball up after the first couple possessions)

it's frustrating.

especially when i'm greening threes and throwing lobs from half court after stopping 3-on-1 fast breaks lol

Last edited by a moderator:
man ive recently maxed out my Quick Reflexes at gold and oh man what a difference its been

my team plays a 3-2 zone and man have i been feasting by just baiting players

7 steals yesterday and been avg about 3-4 a game as a post scoring stretch 4 in last week

scouting from highlight clips is always tough.

realistically, i could argue that in the clips i post, since they are highlights, it's me taking advantage of bad defenders or highlighting plays where defenders dont sag off....

with that being said, i am a two-way playmaker. most people do play off me....that's when the lob game, mid-range, post game, pick and pop, wraps and all that come into effect.

you gotta understand....as nice as i am....i have multiple people on the floor with me who are nice, too.

if you ever see snag in my video....he is an insane shooter. he's prolly already hit multiple fading threes. his man needs help. he can't help on me.

if you ever see lesterbones....he has hall of fame poster and lob city finisher.....he's prolly caught 3-4 ridiculous lobs from the three point line setting screens....

etc. etc.

all that in mind...i can actually shoot lol.

i can't come down and jack....i'm more efficient than that...i wouldnt do that with a sharp....i'm about getting a bucket every trip....if not a bucket a REALLY good look.

all that in consideration.....

i can get to the rim with ease...even if you play off me.....

most people are trying to get steals off me because i'm a two way (defense) which actually drops my offensive potency...(not to mention, i am 6'7" the PGs max at 6'6" so i'm literally always taller than my matchup....playing off me just allows me a head of steam to the rim....or WIDE OPEN jumpers which i make more than miss.....)

now, ALL THAT in consideration,

yes, DC, most of these dudes in the clips are burgers.

if you super pay attention to the audio or the visual cues, you'll see when it's a pure lock on me.....

i'm not sure what the best way to guard me is...

i'm crazy unorthodox....i'm pass-first but super aggressive about taking good looks/good shots.

ADD on top of that.....that i'm stripping the other PG almost every possession. he's being drowned in defense the entire game....( if he's even bringing the ball up after the first couple possessions)

it's frustrating.

especially when i'm greening threes and throwing lobs from half court after stopping 3-on-1 fast breaks lol

How did you end up finding your team? Y'all are serious

either played with or against them.

my team up until last year that i build i found them playing pickups with other dudes....we had natural chemistry

this year, it's just a collection of dudes i either knew from last year or played with/against this year.

you can find gems on the team you blowing out by 40 if they're playing good still....i'll shoot em an invite.

also, twitter and facebook are good resources (i don't use FB at all, but they had communities on there before twitter existed believe it or not)

twitter is prolly best

@walkonwarriors is a good place to start.

also, there are large playstation communities you can join to find players (if we need 1 at like 2 am i use that lol)

don't be fooled tho. i've had to delete well over 100 people this year specifically to weed out the trash bags.

i play madden or battelfield if i dont have 4 killers on too.

and i still have damn near 120 losses lol

oh, and we also......very.....average. (as a team)

like my teammates get gassed by the **** i'm showing yall but like.....REAL comp? top teams? it sounds good to be like "oh we gonna be on the top 100 list" but like it's a different thing entirely to even make it to play them (this year has private match making)

like for example, some dudes i played with say walk on is too easy and boring.....but we go to team and they scoring no points....0/4 from the field...their man scoring at will lol

so yeah, as far as like pick ups and friendly scrims? yeah we nice.....i'll put on a show....we'll all have fun

when it comes to comp tho?

i'm still struggling for a shot frfr lol

mostly cause i'm stubborn and won't just make a pure sharp and sit still on offense for some 17 year old named hunter to over dribble

but we like 1 or 2 guys away from a solid team...it's just tough finding new guys. they wanna jump on a "top team" not grind with two way playmakers lol

Last edited by a moderator:
DC is trash in 2k...

Dc plays 2k as a basketball sim, tho.

99% of people who play (myself included) play as a basketball video game

(i used to play offline franchise heavy with custom slider sets and all that.....it's fun, but i enjoy the teamwork of pro am most)

Back
Top Bottom