OFFICIAL NBA 2K19 Thread | Available Now

MLB the show revolves around Diamond Dynasty more then it does Mycareer.. the Show gets majority of its money from Diamond Dynasty, nothing from mycareer

2k has MyTeam but its not as big as park/rec/pro am

2k WILL never ever go that route and lose out on hundreds of millions by having you carry over your mycareer guy. thats dumb logic

Which game modes yield the most VC rewards?

Still have yet to give MyTeam or MyLeague a chance.

2K has no reason to allow people to carry over anything from one game to the next.

Financially, it doesn't make sense for a company that we know makes a KILLING with microtransactions to do something like that.

You have to be realistic

MLB the show revolves around Diamond Dynasty more then it does Mycareer.. the Show gets majority of its money from Diamond Dynasty, nothing from mycareer

2k WILL never ever go that route and lose out on hundreds of millions by having you carry over your mycareer guy. thats dumb logic
Hundreds of millions from VC sales? Just rebalance the VC values of merchandise from the Neighborhood for the same results. You should still be able to buy VC if you want to accelerate your player's skill progression, but seems like it's too heavily based on that instead of actual gameplay progression.

exactly they ain't caring bout gameplay progression as long as that VC revenue keeps coming in

the majority of people who are playing have 2-3 mycareer builds. with either $100-$200 sunken in to all the builds

$50 gets you to a 85 and believe me when i say this A LOT of people buy into it. Sure some just grind and dont pay but majority of the community cashes out to get that 85 real quick

i personally know more than 5 people who have spent more than 300 on 2k. i knew a dude who spent 500 PRE RELEASE on 18 AND 19.

its real out here.

you gonna keep having grand ideas of what they SHOULD or HAVE to do, they NOT gonna do it, and you STILL gonna play half a season of mycareer

i have ideas too

they'll never happen

(like having separate mycareer modes. offline and online. to get badges and attributes online you have to play and perform online. similar to fifa. you start with 50 three pointer. it goes to 51 if you make 1 three in a game 52 if you make 2 threes in a game 53 if you make three threes in a game....54 if you green a three in a game....etc. etc. if you can never green 5 threes youll never have over 75 three point attribute....apply that to all the attributes....

players now grind up and turn into archetypes based upon your PLAYSTYLE (and i guess height and weight as well)

this would be amazing

however

2k would lose hundreds of millions of dollars for no reason lol

thats why fifa is fifa mlb is mlb and 2k is 2k.

*kanye shrug*

lol

man you play offline fam its a complete different ballpark online when it comes to game play

ill give you benefit of the doubt, they care for the first 2 months of a new game

Last edited:
As far as online game play, everyone is upset that they don't make every shot lol...

actually no, id say as far as online goes im upset that every shot goes in

im a PF i play Pure Stretch Fours almost every game. its insane at the clip they score even being contested

**** im a Post Scoring Stretch and my 3 is maxed out at 82 open 79 contested and the amount of 3s i hit is insane.. it aint fun

Last edited:
To counter your point, People play terrible defense in the rec and someone is usually open. All I hear over the mic is "2k always oss, how did I miss that?!"

I only play with randoms though

the rec can be awesome or just straight up nightmare to play esp with randoms

i agree people do play horrible defense in rec which is why i prefer playing with 5 and people having mics so we can run 3-2 zone.. Zone messes with a lot of peoples heads esp if you get the the rotations working

im legit always on 2k for like 4 hours a night, im always down to play id even rock with yall on here and tell my homies id catch up with them later or if we need 1 i can always get them to play

a homie from NT actually hit me up last night so ima start hitting him up when i get on NYC D Nice 718

Yea the amount of 3’s dudes make online is absurd it’s gotten ridiculous Everybody is a sharpshooter

I wish they still had the mode where you could team up with other online users, using REAL NBA players, in 5-on-5 gameplay.

I'm a passer because I don't have that scoring mentality, but most of the time, especially in MyPark...tons of people just play like mad scorers. It's insane how annoying it can be.

i agree people do play horrible defense in rec which is why i prefer playing with 5 and people having mics so we can run 3-2 zone.. Zone messes with a lot of peoples heads esp if you get the the rotations working

im legit always on 2k for like 4 hours a night, im always down to play id even rock with yall on here and tell my homies id catch up with them later or if we need 1 i can always get them to play

a homie from NT actually hit me up last night so ima start hitting him up when i get on NYC D Nice 718

You on ps4?

if so... NYpaid

My other gripe with online is pure sharps hiding behind screens and shooting 3's all game. Dude went 20/34 from 3 in the rec smh

damn im on xbox

man them pure sharps are something else.. big man sets screen and they just zig zag till your dude gets sucked in and the sharp will just pull up

its funny and sad at the same time

Man y'all must not know how much those MyTeam packs cost...

100k VC for a 20 pack. You can spend that and most likely not get anything worth any value. Literally online gambling. Not proud of this, but from 2K15-2K18 I've spent literally thousands of dollars each year on Myteam. Reached GOAT collector status on all of them. It's seriously online gambling. Stay away from that mode if you have an addictive personality. Easy to get hooked. Myteam might not have as many people play, but I'm willing to bet they make way more money off 1 person than 1 person on average in mycareer.

This guy runs...ran a couple 2k's back

Man y'all must not know how much those MyTeam packs cost...

100k VC for a 20 pack. You can spend that and most likely not get anything worth any value. Literally online gambling. Not proud of this, but from 2K15-2K18 I've spent literally thousands of dollars each year on Myteam. Reached GOAT collector status on all of them. It's seriously online gambling. Stay away from that mode if you have an addictive personality. Easy to get hooked. Myteam might not have as many people play, but I'm willing to bet they make way more money off 1 person than 1 person on average in mycareer.

you probably are right tbh fam them packs are no joke, i used to play MyTeam in 2k16 and ill sadly admit i dropped easily 400 to open packs smh, told myself never again cause at the time i was doing the same for madden. pack odds are BS dont think i ever pulled a diamond card honestly

like you said very easy to get hooked.

Y’all have no control smh. Protest 2K. Stop buying it and spread the word.

You need to have no life to play the game meow, it makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom