:: Official NBA Draft Thread - June 26, 7PM EST ::

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

This is funny....dude who wrote this called Luther Head an "impact" player...
laugh.gif

gotta love the rumors...

Draft day is going to be crazy, and if the Houston Rockets and Washington Wizards have anything to say about it, it will be just a little bit crazier.

The rumor circulating this morning is that the Wizards are interested in an instant impact player who can help Caron Butler, Antawn Jamison and Gilbert Arenas win immediately. The Rockets have that type of player in Luther Head, who was labeled as "no longer untouchable" by the Rockets at the end of the season.

As for Houston, they had Courtney Lee in for a long session with everyone - and I mean everyone - in the front office so the team could get a good feel for who he is as a person. And Lee did not disappoint.

Assuming all goes as planned, and with so many picks in play to so many different places that's not a given, the Rockets will send their #25 and Head to the Wizards for the #18 pick. The thinking is that 18 will be high enough to get Lee, who is a lock to go to Orlando if he's still there at 22. The Wizards would then simply draft best available with the 25th.

It's a good move all around. We've been reporting for weeks that Lee is Houston's favorite in the draft.

Head gets a chance to prove himself with an organization that really needs a dead-eye three-point shooter to go with their Big Three. The Rockets get a player with tremendous upside who can score from anywhere on the court, and hope that he can be the player they envisioned Head would evolve into.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9216
Luther is stuck in between positions, PG/SG. Doesn't have the ball handling/play making abilities to run point, and can't really create hisown shot or has the size to guard SG's.

What he can do though is shoot pretty good from behind the arc, spot up.

I don't see how he really helps the Wizards.

The reason why Luther was untouchable last year, was because he shot lights out from behind the arc. I think like 40-42%. Over a 100 3's. But thenagain, that was with a Yao on the blocks getting double teams..

He's been ghost the past two playoffs though, and I can see why the Rockets are trying to move him.

I doubt the Wizards bite though.

Edit: lnMyMind,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I see what you did there in that mock draft @ 4.
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by duncarooos

as an IU student I have watched gordon play live about 4-5 times.

He is not that good honestly...

laugh.gif

Your delirious, son. I can make the assumption that you did not in fact NOT really watch the games.

I'm sorry, but I can't take your opinion honestly when you are a student and only went to 4-5 games last season. Must not be a big fan.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

I'm sorry, but I can't take your opinion honestly when you are a student and only went to 4-5 games last season. Must not be a big fan.

Dog how does that make ANY sense?

Wow

They only had 400 tickets for sale. #%# kinda +*% is that?

I met Kevin Durant tho. Dude was outside the Garden. Barely anyone noticed. Ima post up pics when im on the comp.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

You do know there is a minimum # of games you must attend in order to be considered a "big fan", don't you?

I really hope the Wizards and Rockets go through with that trade. Head just never developed (though he's still pretty early in his career and couldpotentially still develop) like the Rockets wanted him to.

Are the Magic set on Courtney Lee being their guy in this draft? If the Rockets do in fact move up to 18, could we see the Magic also try to move up to snatchLee before 18?

OK so.......the Heat would take either Mayo or Bayless for some cap relief?? so if Minny or Seattle can take back Mark Blount in the process it would be allgood? if your Minny or Seattle you would take this deal in a heartbeat?? WHATS THE DAmm HOLD UP?
SEATTLE GIVES:
the draft rights to bayless/mayo
chris wilcox
the #24 pick and cash
Seattle GETS:
the draft rights to Beasley
Mark Blount

DO IT!!

Originally Posted by miamib30514

Originally Posted by WILLINC

D-Day, Riley dont $^%# this up

Take B-EASY and call it a day

yea, now that the day is here i kinda feel this is what he should do. just take beas man.

Honestly, I'd RATHER you guys pick Beasley...I want Mayo. Since Beasley doesn't want to be here, what would be the point of drafting him? He wouldjust play out his rookie contract and then leave....don't want that.

Please pick Beasley

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

You do know there is a minimum # of games you must attend in order to be considered a "big fan", don't you?

eyes.gif
You're going to tell me that somebody who goes to 20% of ateam's home games likely knows anything about that team? How can you be a fan when you rarely go even with FREE tickets?

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

OK so.......the Heat would take either Mayo or Bayless for some cap relief?? so if Minny or Seattle can take back Mark Blount in the process it would be all good? if your Minny or Seattle you would take this deal in a heartbeat?? WHATS THE DAmm HOLD UP?
SEATTLE GIVES:
the draft rights to bayless/mayo
chris wilcox
the #24 pick and cash
Seattle GETS:
the draft rights to Beasley
Mark Blount

DO IT!!
i guess riley wants jeff green instead of wilcox and then marc blount would be taken out of the deal. sonics don't want to do that trade

so give them more to take Wilcox....2 people are off limits Durant and Green EVERYTHING ELSE IS EXPENDABLE...trade next years 1st... that class is weak!

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

eyes.gif
You're going to tell me that somebody who goes to 20% of a team's home games likely knows anything about that team? How can you be a fan when you rarely go even with FREE tickets?
How many Eagles games do you go to in a year?

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

so give them more to take Wilcox....2 people are off limits Durant and Green EVERYTHING ELSE IS EXPENDABLE...trade next years 1st... that class is weak!
i heard they offered petro too. ha, i don't know if that would really convince anybody

Man i'm still tight that they only had 400 tickets for sale for the draft.

Anyways, when I was on line, I was talking to these 2 older dudes and i'm like yo is that Kevin Durant? There were a few people around him but Iwasn't to sure. He was also wearing sandals in the rain and no one was going up to him or anything, they were just kinda watching him. Not everyday yourun into a 6'10 NBA player in the city in sandals ya know. So I go and check it out and it was def him. I ask em if I could get a pic he's like yeaand then the guy who was taking the picture didn't know how to usa a sidekick so then Durant grabbed it and showed him how to take the picture. Cool mellodude.

2nvcfg0.jpg

vrpopx.jpg

nb8rt.jpg

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

Eric Gordon is going to be the sleeper of this draft class.

Book it.

he should of stayed in college IMO
For what?

i just dont think hes ready IMO

and maybe he is isnt...but what would staying at Indiana do for him?

i really dont know i forgot to put IMO at the end of my first post there fixed

Back
Top Bottom