Official NBA Finals Game 2: 06/07 Orlando Magic @ Los Angeles Lakers 5:00PM PST ABC

laugh.gif
@ Courtney Lee being overrated

anyone got a gif of kobe's wife at the end when kobe went to hug his daughter...i was like oh hot damn...chesticle action

Honestly, I don't see the next 3 games as must-wins by the Magic.

If they can take 2 of the next 3 games, they have a chance.

There's no guarantee the Lakers will win their last two games at home (if they don't finish in Orlando).

The series is far from over.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

IDK man that Lee layup wasn't an easy automatic by any stretch, dude had to switch hands and his body was already goin' behind the backboard.

He himself made it look more difficult than it needed to be by mistiming his jump and grabbing the ball in a stupid awkward way:

34554.png

He grabbed it way too close to his chest and kind of cocked it before releasing it, a pretty stupid thing to do when you're flying out of bounds andrunning out of angle. His arms should've been fully extended in an upwards direction. Of course, you could argue that Hedo's pass wasn't right onthe money or whatever, but that pass was way more difficult to make than the layup.

Still, even all this taken into consideration, he still definitely should've made it, no excuse whatsoever. I've seen guys make tougher alley-ooplayups at the playgrounds. Consistently. Only players like Dennis Rodman and Ben Wallace should be forgiven for not making a layup like that, not a guard.

That was what, a 40 foot pass by Hedo?

Off by inches maybe?

Pfffff, that pass was VERY good considering the situation. But Lee just got it a half second off timed, otherwise he would be a huge hero right now. Sometimes you have to be lucky.

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

Somebody has to take Raw Lew's legs out...fall and roll into his knee or somethin lol

here we go
yup....thanks, that's what i was referring to. i lied, maybe not wish death, but wish injury.
ohwell.gif
here's his stoneface
indifferent.gif

and here's yours for REACHING for material to take a jab at laker fans
indifferent.gif
you mad
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
to that dude wishing death upon kobe though. and
indifferent.gif
at you too...that's not reaching for material....but w/e..

but i agree about the general thing..it's just a game at the end of the day.
pimp.gif

earthquakes suck
laugh.gif

whats going on here?? lol

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

How good of a player was Courtney Lee seen as being by the people/media? Because whatever it was, much like his dunks "on" LeBron, he's overrated. Amazing that the Magic could get that good of a shot with 0.6 seconds left and have someone blow it for them..

Damn, you're still salty dude yammed on your idol.

my new sig is going to be "welcome to NT - where reading the previous pages is not required."

Originally Posted by Al3xis

- Has nobody mentioned Pau's hand going through the net on the alley oop? I guess goaltending is really a judgement call now.

- JJ Redick
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

- Courtney Lee, the best rookie ever!

-people did talk about the goaltending and it wasnt goaltending BTW

-whoe ever said Lee was the best rookie ever?

dyyhard wrote:
my new sig is going to be "welcome to NT - where reading the previous pages is not required."

roll.gif

Great game, never got more then 7 point difference at any point in the game.

Call the goaltending on Pau, thas fine, we get the OBVIOUS goaltend on D12, still goes to OT. Fair?
wink.gif

Big ups to Lamar for his game, Fish also came up huge. No Surprise there, this vet is there when it counts.

Bynum gets fouls called that absolutely baffle me. That kid can't even breathe without a whistle.
laugh.gif

Turk and Lewis are friggin heart attacks.
smh.gif
Clutch@@@@%$*&^%$#@. Dudes are scary.

We need to stop doubling 12 for a bit, let's see if he can do work on his own and let's stay with the shooters for a bit. Try to break any rhythm theyget.

We haven't done a damn thing yet, all we did was protect HC. Not good enough. Need to get at least 1 W in ORLD. Then we have all the advantages.

Let's get it.
pimp.gif

Kobe grabbed Courtney Lee as he went to make his cut. That's why the pass from Turk seemed a bit off but it was a perfect pass.

Good no call on the quick grab from Kobe and goaltend by Gasol.

magic blew it even before courtney lee's missed layup. they turned the ball over a few times down the stretch. that was the magic's game to win. iadmit we dodged a bullet.

i feel better playing on the road because we're a better focused team. we got this in 5.

Even if Gasol did have his fingertips at the rim, Courtney Lee's layup attempt, didn't even come close to the rim.

Kobe knew he got away from a holding foul, I knew he was thanking that Courtney Lee is a rookie

On ESPN they said the rulebook says, if the rim shakes or moves or something then that warrants a goal tend.

When you look back at the replay, the rim didn't move.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

[h1]Howard Wants To See Bynum Do Well[/h1]

Jun 06, 2009 8:49 AM EST

Bynum_Andrew_lal.jpg
Dwight Howard feels like he has a special connection to Andrew Bynum, and he wants to see his Finals opponent do well.

Howard and Bynum, true centers, are a dying breed in today's NBA.

"Of course," Howard said of wanting Bynum to play well. "I've been watching Andrew since high school, and he's come a long way with his weight.

"I first saw him in the All-Star Game and he was wider, but he's slimmed down, gotten into better shape. ... I think we have a lot of respect for each other, knowing we're like dinosaurs in the NBA. There's not a lot of us."

Howard told the Daily News that he is even willing to work with Bynum on getting stronger this summer.

"He wants to get a little toned up, and I've got some workout regimens for him," Howard said.
Nice things for Dwight to say about Bynum.

This is what I like to see, you can battle, fight, and hate a player on the court, but off the court there's no shame in showing respect or friendship to an opponent. Even as a Magic and Dwight fan, I'm also a Bynum fan and I hope he can stay healthy and become a dominant center. True centers are a dying breed in the NBA today, and I would love to see Dwight and Bynum do battle throughout their careers.

Man, I just seen this, that is great stuff right there. Great stuff. Bynum would be a fool not to take him up on that.

D12
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Big J 33

[h1]Howard Wants To See Bynum Do Well[/h1]

Jun 06, 2009 8:49 AM EST

Bynum_Andrew_lal.jpg
Dwight Howard feels like he has a special connection to Andrew Bynum, and he wants to see his Finals opponent do well.

Howard and Bynum, true centers, are a dying breed in today's NBA.

"Of course," Howard said of wanting Bynum to play well. "I've been watching Andrew since high school, and he's come a long way with his weight.

"I first saw him in the All-Star Game and he was wider, but he's slimmed down, gotten into better shape. ... I think we have a lot of respect for each other, knowing we're like dinosaurs in the NBA. There's not a lot of us."

Howard told the Daily News that he is even willing to work with Bynum on getting stronger this summer.

"He wants to get a little toned up, and I've got some workout regimens for him," Howard said.
Nice things for Dwight to say about Bynum.

This is what I like to see, you can battle, fight, and hate a player on the court, but off the court there's no shame in showing respect or friendship to an opponent. Even as a Magic and Dwight fan, I'm also a Bynum fan and I hope he can stay healthy and become a dominant center. True centers are a dying breed in the NBA today, and I would love to see Dwight and Bynum do battle throughout their careers.

Man, I just seen this, that is great stuff right there. Great stuff. Bynum would be a fool not to take him up on that.

D12
pimp.gif

D12 is a class act
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

How good of a player was Courtney Lee seen as being by the people/media? Because whatever it was, much like his dunks "on" LeBron, he's overrated. Amazing that the Magic could get that good of a shot with 0.6 seconds left and have someone blow it for them..

Damn, you're still salty dude yammed on your idol.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by yungmatt

laugh.gif
@ Courtney Lee being overrated
laugh.gif
seriously, he's hardly overrated. He came in this season, earned the starting job, played big minutes in the playoffs against better andbigger players, he's done a good job. I haven't heard many people praise him as the best rookie this season at all,what I have seen is praise to ayoung and promising player, playing big minutes in the playoffs.

It was a tough shot to make, he should have had it, but it was still difficult. That's what happens sometimes. He would have been a hero if he nailedthat, but the loss wasn't all his fault. As I mentioned earlier, Orlando had too many turnovers, Rafer went cold, JJ played too much, Dwight wasn'teffective, and the Magic just didn't hit the shots they needed to and the Lakers did.

this loss hurt bad.

If lee would have made the oop it would have went down as one of the best finishers in finals history.

I felt that we could win this series and still can but I feel it is 8vs5 just like last series and its taking a toll on us..

Everytime we went up, kobe shot free throws. I think he had 6 or 8 free throws in a 1:21 span in the end of the 4th. That sucks, let the players decide theoutcome.

Im not a kobe hater and wont be mad to see a local like him get another ring if he wins but I dont want him gettin help from the refs like yesterday..

Even on hedos block he screamed for a foul and siad he got hit in the head......

We need to take care of the ball and execute. Skip needs to stop his 1-11 games all the time as well..

Howard needs to beast the soft front court he is going against. IF we dont blow out the lakers in game 3 I will be congradulating you laker fans early

It feels like we are cursed.... This felt like nick anderson missing the 4 fts in 95... we are now 0-6 in finals games. grrr

Back
Top Bottom