Official NBA OFF-SEASON Thread - 2011: Free Agency Dec. 9th

Originally Posted by JD617

[table][tr][td]Shot Locations[/td][td][/td][td]10-15 Feet[/td][td]16-23 Feet[/td][td]Threes[/td][td]Free Throws[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Player Name
[/td][td]Yr[/td][td]FG%[/td][td]FG%[/td][td]FG%[/td][td]FT%[/td][/tr][tr][td]LeBron James[/td][td]2010-2011[/td][td]44.7[/td][td]45.0[/td][td]33.0[/td][td]75.9[/td][/tr][tr][td]Dwyane Wade[/td][td]2010-2011[/td][td]38.5[/td][td]37.0[/td][td]30.6[/td][td]75.8[/td][/tr][/table]

Explain to me how Wade is a better shooter.

Watch the game, that's how you can tell Wade is a better shooter. If you wanna go by those stats then I guess Bron is a better shooter than Kobe too.

So we're supposed to disregard the numbers and watch them shoot to determine who the better shooter is?

LeBron is the better overall player. Some of y'all are buggin'.
laugh.gif

It amazes me how people continue to argue over this even though they're on the same team. What differences does it make? It's immaterial since they're teammates.

LOL @ The shooting argument. Last season LeBron shot the ball better than Wade. If we are to ignore that I am not sure what we are supposed to use to gauge. LOL @ Watch the game.

LeBron's bad shooting might be one of the most overrated statements in basketball. This isn't 2005 people. The man has improved "dramastically."

Let's just end this moronic argument that Lebron can't shoot:

Brace yourself for this next statement:

LeBron James quietly turned himself into one of the best mid-range shooters in the NBA this season.

According to NBA.com's StatsCube, LeBron made 45 percent of his midrange jumpers last year, which is an incredibly efficient mark for a high-usage perimeter player. Paul Pierce made 44 percent of his mid-range jumpers. Kobe Bryant made 42 percent of his. Derrick Rose made 40 percent of his. Dwyane Wade, 40 percent. Kevin Durant, 42 percent. Carmelo Anthony, 42 percent.

Ray Allen shot 46 percent, barely edging out LeBron. Statistically speaking, out of all the high-usage perimeter players in the league, LeBron was the best midrange shooter not named Dirk Nowitzki. (Dirk shot 53 percent -- he's a freak.)

Link

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

LOL @ The shooting argument. Last season LeBron shot the ball better than Wade. If we are to ignore that I am not sure what we are supposed to use to gauge. LOL @ Watch the game.

LeBron's bad shooting might be one of the most overrated statements in basketball. This isn't 2005 people. The man has improved "dramastically."
Are you married to Lebron?

LeBron is the best overall player in the game.
(but he is still a loser
wink.gif
)

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

eek.gif
@ Dirk's 53%.

He isn't human.
The mid range jumper is still percentage wise the worst shot in basketball. The thing about lebrons game was that it wasnt in his game. if you cant do it guys are just gone backoff. The book on Bron used to be contest 3's and keep him from driving. If you can cut him off and make him shoot from mid, while he makes more than he does 3's you have no shot with him in the lane and he has cold spells from mid. Where as a guy like Derrick Rose its now contest 3's, contest mid range harder, than 3's and yeah he will make 3-4 spectacular plays at the rim in a game, but our bigs can hack and use sheer size to limit him on those other 5 shots at the rim.

If after this playoff run you weren't convinced of LeBron's defensive preeminence almost over almost every perimeter defender let alone Dwayne Wade you need to find Jesus. There is a reason that when it counts they put him on the other teams best perimeter player.

EDIT: A midrange jumper is like a layup to dirk.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kobe8is

(but he is still a loser
wink.gif
)
Why are you accusing me of being married to him? Because I defended him? I am sorry you feel that way but I am simply speaking facts, nothing more, nothing less. Sad you have to resort to such tactics.

Originally Posted by kobe8is

(but he is still a loser
wink.gif
)
Why are you accusing me of being married to him? Because I defended him? I am sorry you feel that way but I am simply speaking facts, nothing more, nothing less. Sad you have to resort to such tactics.

I was only kidding about that
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

If after this playoff run you weren't convinced of LeBron's defensive preeminence almost over almost every perimeter defender let alone Dwayne Wade you need to find Jesus. There is a reason that when it counts they put him on the other teams best perimeter player.

EDIT: A midrange jumper is like a layup to dirk.
laugh.gif

Everything said here is true...

He single handly changed the series vs the Bulls when he switched on to Pooh.  Had that change not been made that series goes at least 6 games and might in fact go the other way.

Dirk's cheating EVERY time he shoots.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

[table][tr][td]Shot Locations[/td][td][/td][td]10-15 Feet[/td][td]16-23 Feet[/td][td]Threes[/td][td]Free Throws[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Player Name
[/td][td]Yr[/td][td]FG%[/td][td]FG%[/td][td]FG%[/td][td]FT%[/td][/tr][tr][td]LeBron James[/td][td]2010-2011[/td][td]44.7[/td][td]45.0[/td][td]33.0[/td][td]75.9[/td][/tr][tr][td]Dwyane Wade[/td][td]2010-2011[/td][td]38.5[/td][td]37.0[/td][td]30.6[/td][td]75.8[/td][/tr][/table]

Watch the game, that's how you can tell Wade is a better shooter. If you wanna go by those stats then I guess Bron is a better shooter than Kobe too.

Watching the game should not only show you how Lebron is a better shooter than wade, but that his shooting is a severly underrated aspect of his game.
And he kind of is. If he shoots and makes more 3's than kobe, makes more midrange jumpers than kobe then….
"If it talks like a duck, acts like a duck, quacks like a duck…its a duck"

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Player Name

Watching the game should not only show you how Lebron is a better shooter than wade, but that his shooting is a severly underrated aspect of his game.
And he kind of is. If he shoots and makes more 3's than kobe, makes more midrange jumpers than kobe then….
"If it talks like a duck, acts like a duck, quacks like a duck…its a duck"
Saying he's a better shooter than Kobe negated your whole response. It's underrated for the first couple of quarters, once the heat really turns up in the game, everything is either a pass or a brick. 
 Oh btw, when it really counted, J Terry lit up bron. I'd still say he's the best or one of best defenders though perimeter defenders though.

Player Name

Thread/.

Back
Top Bottom