Official NBA OFF-SEASON Thread - 2011: Free Agency Dec. 9th

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by PMatic

Link

Yea he wants to leave... And the Owners are going to make to where if he does... he won't be able to go to any of the big 4 unless their willing to get *#% raped by the luxury tax
30t6p3b.gif

Reinsdorf needs to be willing
laugh.gif

this we need that man..

Dwight is better off staying, he's seen what has happened to LeBron's legacy. Nobody wants that to ever happen to them.

Yeah, good thing Lebron's legacy has been 100% cemented one year after the Decision.

The Magic haven't brought in the right guys and they haven't made an effort to use their money wisely, and they don't have much youth to hope for. They won't have money the next couple years to spend on free agents or find someone willing to take Hedo or Gil. Would it be a nice story if Dwight suffered through a couple more years of an early playoff exit, hope the Magic can reload quickly with a couple big free agents in a few years, and he can bring a title to Orlando and be in a Magic uni his whole career? Sure... why not. But the odds of that are unlikely right now. Otis Smith has not made the right moves, and I don't know how you work out a way to convince Dwight to stay with the current situation.

If anything, considering how much people claim Dwight's happy demeanor is a negative attribute, his willingness to leave his team knowing the possible backlash should speak to his desire to win.

otis smith made bad decisions bringing back hedo and bringing in gil both terrible contracts

Originally Posted by BeatZ

otis smith made bad decisions bringing back hedo and bringing in gil both terrible contracts
Yeah, Lebron's pu pu platter in Cleveland is only rivaled by Dwight's slightly less stinky situation in Orlando. I don't blame him if he leave. I just want him on the Bulls. A D-Rose and Dwight tandem would be a damn video game.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by show time 96

DipsetGeneral wrote:Dwight is better off staying, he's seen what has happened to LeBron's legacy. Nobody wants that to ever happen to them.
what? 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

People gon' say Dwight couldn't do it by himself, is what I am trying to say.

grin.gif

roll.gif

people don't hold  Dwight to the same expectation's as Lebron james ....  Also let's not forget the decision show bron did.

Dwight is a star player him leaving Orlando is nothin like Bron a (home state  Legend) leaving the cav's for dead .. in some people opinion 

LeBron took a trip to Anfield to visit his Liverpool FC team over the weekend

lebronliverpool2.jpg

lebronliverpool4.jpg

lebronliverpool5.jpg

29448610150456661972573.jpg

29812910150456662252573.jpg

31713710150456662112573.jpg

lebronliverpool7.jpg

lebron james, savannah brinson, maverick carter, anfield, football

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by BeatZ

Yeah, Lebron's pu pu platter in Cleveland is only rivaled by Dwight's slightly less stinky situation in Orlando. I don't blame him if he leave. I just want him on the Bulls. A D-Rose and Dwight tandem would be a damn video game.

Sadly enough, its not going to happen though. 

We'd have to be able to move Carlos either through a trade or the amnesty clause.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

What a surprise, Simmons talked out of his !%% yet again.
Is he wrong though? Guys with high school educations (who probably get most of their advice from money-grubbing agents who have a vested interest) are the ones that should be negotiating billion-dollar deals? They have a warped sense of reality. We're talking about a culture where guys make millions of dollars and then go broke. The stars don't care about a lost season. They can afford to take a stand. It's the other 350+ players in the league that can't. At a certain point, that overwhelming majority is going to say to these stars: get out.
The players with high school educations are not negotiating deals - Billy Hunter is. The last time I checked he was more than qualified to do that.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

No you actually do need to have lebron at #1 any one who doesn't should be laughed out of the room, nobody brings more to both sides of the ball 3 bad games be damned.

Basically.
30t6p3b.gif

I'm very close to rooting for him again.

If this is how the majority of society wants to act, count me out.  The slander is beyond OD.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

No you actually do need to have lebron at #1 any one who doesn't should be laughed out of the room, nobody brings more to both sides of the ball 3 bad games be damned.

they weren't just 3 bad games though. dude flat out disappeared in key stretches. ranking him anything less than 3rd is foolish though

based off last season and the playoffs

1. dirk
2. wade
3. lebron
everyone else

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Is he wrong though? Guys with high school educations (who probably get most of their advice from money-grubbing agents who have a vested interest) are the ones that should be negotiating billion-dollar deals? They have a warped sense of reality. We're talking about a culture where guys make millions of dollars and then go broke. The stars don't care about a lost season. They can afford to take a stand. It's the other 350+ players in the league that can't. At a certain point, that overwhelming majority is going to say to these stars: get out.
The players with high school educations are not negotiating deals - Billy Hunter is. The last time I checked he was more than qualified to do that.
You're right. I meant to say "they shouldn't be barging into the negotiations and disrupting the process."

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

You're right. I meant to say "they shouldn't be barging into the negotiations and disrupting the process."

Wade plays a terrible series, LeBron plays great and the Heat still won in 5-- On the road. LeBron plays terrible, Wade plays great and they lose in 6, at home. That says something, no? Unless you think the Mavs were that much better than a team than won 5 more games than them. 

Not to mention that Wade had won a total of 4 playoff games in the prior 4 years before teaming up with LeBron. But, people tend to skip over that. Wouldn't really align with him being 'Batman'. 

For Wade > LeBron, you either have to:

- look at things in a 10 day vacuum.

- go back to June of 06 and use the ring argument.

Dirk at 1? Fine by me. Dude earned that title it for now. 

Wade plays a terrible series, LeBron plays great and the Heat still won in 5-- On the road. LeBron plays terrible, Wade plays great and they lose in 6, at home. That says something, no? Unless you think the Mavs were that much better than a team than won 5 more games than them. 

Not to mention that Wade had won a total of 4 playoff games in the prior 4 years before teaming up with LeBron. But, people tend to skip over that. Wouldn't really align with him being 'Batman'. 

For Wade > LeBron, you either have to:

- look at things in a 10 day vacuum.

- go back to June of 06 and use the ring argument.

Dirk at 1? Fine by me. Dude earned that title it for now. 

Back
Top Bottom