Official NBA OFF-SEASON Thread - 2011: Free Agency Dec. 9th

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Pat-Riley-Norris-Cole-jersey.jpg

Wasn't Arroyo wearing #30?
um he was cut from the team earlier in the season
laugh.gif

David West declined his player option, Aaron Gray declined his player option, the team sure as hell will decline David Andersen's option, and now I guess they are "unlikely" to make qualifying offers to Marco Belinelli and Jason Smith.

So... the Hornets are really going to have FIVE players under contract until free agency starts. Five players that are due to make over $40 million next season. And one of them is Quincy Pondexter. And one of them is Trevor Ariza.

Whenever a new CBA is agreed upon, they will have what, $20-$25 million max left to fill out 7-10 roster spots? Might as well bring over Eddie House, Juwan Howard and them.
roll.gif

If they don't find a way to bring back either West or Carl Landry and trade Okafor and/or Ariza and whatever else for a top 30 player, they are so done. Crash and burn done.

I bet they are truly considering trading Chris for the first time right now.
The Hornets frontcourt will consist of Emeka Okafor, Monty Williams and Kev next season.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Nice timing.

@AlexKennedyNBA David West and Aaron Gray became free agents last week and now, the Hornets lose another big: David Andersen signs three-year deal in Italy.
The Hornets frontcourt will consist of Emeka Okafor, Monty Williams and Kev next season.
laugh.gif

@AlexKennedyNBA David West and Aaron Gray became free agents last week and now, the Hornets lose another big: David Andersen signs three-year deal in Italy.
laugh.gif

David West declined his player option, Aaron Gray declined his player option, the team sure as hell will decline David Andersen's option, and now I guess they are "unlikely" to make qualifying offers to Marco Belinelli and Jason Smith.

So... the Hornets are really going to have FIVE players under contract until free agency starts. Five players that are due to make over $40 million next season. And one of them is Quincy Pondexter. And one of them is Trevor Ariza.

Whenever a new CBA is agreed upon, they will have what, $20-$25 million max left to fill out 7-10 roster spots? Might as well bring over Eddie House, Juwan Howard and them.
roll.gif

If they don't find a way to bring back either West or Carl Landry and trade Okafor and/or Ariza and whatever else for a top 30 player, they are so done. Crash and burn done.

I bet they are truly considering trading Chris for the first time right now.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Nice timing.

Are the Hornets still owned by the NBA?
That franchise appears to be moving closer and closer to contraction

Are the Hornets still owned by the NBA?
That franchise appears to be moving closer and closer to contraction

Hornets will sign JJ Barea.
pimp.gif

Really though, how would you feel about guys like AK47, Grant Hill, Jason Richardson, Humphries (Only at the right cost and if West leaves), Al Thornton, JR Smith, Afflalo, Caron Butler, Crawford?

Any of those names you interested in signing?

Hornets will sign JJ Barea.
pimp.gif

Really though, how would you feel about guys like AK47, Grant Hill, Jason Richardson, Humphries (Only at the right cost and if West leaves), Al Thornton, JR Smith, Afflalo, Caron Butler, Crawford?

Any of those names you interested in signing?

Wow it's like all the players are just abandoning ship while they can. The way West was talking on his short interview on gametime gave me the impression he is not coming back.

Wow it's like all the players are just abandoning ship while they can. The way West was talking on his short interview on gametime gave me the impression he is not coming back.

Man I feel bad for that mess.  That is a flat out disaster.  I almost would just give them Luke Walton to help out....He'd probably start...I'm not helping am I? 
laugh.gif

Something gotta give with that situation.  Can they make yet another move? 

Man I feel bad for that mess.  That is a flat out disaster.  I almost would just give them Luke Walton to help out....He'd probably start...I'm not helping am I? 
laugh.gif

Something gotta give with that situation.  Can they make yet another move? 

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Cleveland is about 29th on the list of teams New Orleans should trade Chris Paul to.
im sure a package including JJ Hickson could land CP3

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Cleveland is about 29th on the list of teams New Orleans should trade Chris Paul to.
im sure a package including JJ Hickson could land CP3

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom