Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
bynum holds the cards. if he is ok to sign extension with orl, this deal is done. if not, lakers better pray he is ok with cle or houston.
what if, orl trades him to houston and he is a free agent again? how many teams can actually pay him and are any on his list? cant houston still do a sign and trade if he wants out?

how could the lakers even afford dwight though? kobe making 30+ this year dwight is good for 18+ Nash is like 10+ and gasol is 15 as well?
they should honestly resign bynum dude is younger and better offensively and never had major back surgery and is not a baby / problem causer like dwight.

They can afford Dwight by trading Bynum.. And if they get Dwight they'll have full bird rights, which means they can sign him to a max deal..

Bynum has had multiple MAJOR knee surgeries... And is a big problem causer... Dwight Howard's game fits better with LA than Bynum's

bynum holds the cards. if he is ok to sign extension with orl, this deal is done. if not, lakers better pray he is ok with cle or houston.
what if, orl trades him to houston and he is a free agent again? how many teams can actually pay him and are any on his list? cant houston still do a sign and trade if he wants out?

They can sign & trade.. But won't get good return... Reason is, is that Lakers & Nets will lose their S&T rights because they're luxury tax teams...

Houston will unload all of their picks, prospects, expiring contracts for nothing...

Looks like LeBron just added this to his repertoire:
ijK7PBXTHmVeJ.gif

What in the world

Dwight only tryna sign to LA because A. He wants to stay in title contention B. Kobe says the "magic" words: I MIGHT RETIRE IN 2 YEARS!

The lakers dont really gain much by acquiring Dwight, the only plus that dwight have over Bynum is on the dfense

The lakers dont really gain much by acquiring Dwight, the only plus that dwight have over Bynum is on the dfense

You can make the whole post moves argument but Andrew is not better than Dwight on either side of the ball.

Dwight's commanding a double team every time down the floor. Lakers haven't had that since Shaq.

They can sign & trade.. But won't get good return... Reason is, is that Lakers & Nets will lose their S&T
The Nets will still be under $70 mil in 12-13 & 13-14, so they're good to go for sign & trades.

You can make the whole post moves argument but Andrew is not better than Dwight on either side of the ball.
Dwight's commanding a double team every time down the floor. Lakers haven't had that since Shaq.
Bynum catches a double just as often as Howard. Sometimes a triple, especially since LA has such poor 3 point shooting.

In a vacuum, there isn't much of a gap offensively. But for this team, Howard is a better fit with Nash since he's excellent in the PnR and Bynum is not.

And then the obvious, Howard is better defensively.

Last edited:
The Nets will still be under $70 mil in 12-13 & 13-14, so they're good to go for sign & trades.
Bynum catches a double just as often as Howard. Sometimes a triple, especially since LA has such poor 3 point shooting.
In a vacuum, there isn't much of a gap offensively. But for this team, Howard is a better fit with Nash since he's excellent in the PnR and Bynum is not.
And then the obvious, Howard is better defensively.
Ok and what does he do when those double teams come? Dwight is a wayyyy better passer out of doubles than Bynum.

Does Bynum look more "polished" in the post? Sure, but I'll take everything else D12 offers in a heartbeat.

Ok and what does he do when those double teams come? Dwight is a wayyyy better passer out of doubles than Bynum.
Does Bynum look more "polished" in the post? Sure, but I'll take everything else D12 offers in a heartbeat.
He usually throws to an open teammate & re-posts or he tries to grab the rebound after they miss a 3.

And "wayyy better"? The assist & turnover numbers are virtually identical, he actually turned it over more than Drew this season. He's not like Shaq passing out of doubles. The difference between him & Bynum is marginal at best.

And like I said in my post, D12 is a better fit for LA offensively & better player defensively so we're in agreement on your 2nd point

He usually throws to an open teammate & re-posts or he tries to grab the rebound after they miss a 3.
And "wayyy better"? The assist & turnover numbers are virtually identical, he actually turned it over more than Drew this season. He's not like Shaq passing out of doubles. The difference between him & Bynum is marginal at best.
And like I said in my post, D12 is a better fit for LA offensively & better player defensively so we're in agreement on your 2nd point
Seriously? Dude almost refuses to pass out of doubles. He'll force a shot over two defenders rather than repost. You seriously never noticed that?

I'm obviously in the minority here, but I honestly feel like Dwight, given that he's playing with Gasol, Nash, & Kobe would NOT be that big of an upgrade over Bynum.

Bynum, Albeit isn't a great playmaker in the post, is the better offensive player (Almost By far now) and is younger. Yes Bynum has had "Major" knee surgeries but he looked pretty healthy last year, appears to be past that.(Besides, his knee injuries were due to other people anyway if you get my drift.) Dwight on the other hand, is coming off of back surgery. Do I think that in this scenario Dwight's back surgery is a big deal? Not really, however it is a point.

When you make this trade, the Lakers are getting back a bit of a better rebounder and shot blocker, that's it. (The "Intimidating factor" as well I guess) I guess it would also be a valid point to point that with Nash, Gasol, and Bryant that that's really all you need from Dwight as well so we will see.

Yes Dwight has proven to be a good playmaker out of the post as far as creating double's and triple's but in L.A., how often is that going to happen? It remains to be seen whether Kobe will allow Nash to be Nashty let alone Nash be Nash AND D12 be D12. Kobe himself said he would not play averaging under 20 ppg, and with NASH and Dwight on the squad, anything OVER 20 ppg would be excessive imo.

Bottomline, Even if the Lakers strike and get Dwight, there is still a lot of question marks surrounding that team and are far from Clear cut favorites. But fom a team like the lakers, who has gotten bounced out of the Playoff party in the 2nd round in 2 straight seasons, this is a move you have to make I guess. We shall see.

Think again on not being at $70mil in 13-14
JJ- $21
DWill- $18
Crash $9
Lopez $14
Humphries $12
=$74mil without any other players

Seriously? Dude almost refuses to pass out of doubles. He'll force a shot over two defenders rather than repost. You seriously never noticed that?
Early on, yes. As the season wore on he made great strides with a only few hiccups here & there.

I remember a few possessions in the first round against DEN where he struggled with them. And much more others where he didn't.

Not sure if that deal gets done if Bynum doesn't commit to an extension with w/e team he gets traded to.

Lol people in here saying Dwight would only be a little upgrade
Clearly you guys don't watch laker games. Sure Bynum has post moves
But that's it! Dude can't pass the ball to save his life. He avg 3+ traveling calls a game.
Doesn't play defense every night. Doesn't play the pick n roll very well .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom