Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if that deal gets done if Bynum doesn't commit to an extension with w/e team he gets traded to.

True but apparently he would sign the extension with the Cavs due to his good relationship with Byron Scott and the upcoming of THE GOD

:wow: :rofl:

Dwight ending up in LA has always seemed most likely IMO.
I'll keep saying this- OKC will regret it if it ever happens. I think that LA team can beat them. But, they can make a deal to get Dwight today. I think He absolutely would re-sign there to play with KD and Russ on a 60 win team, too. He does not have the stones to leave that situation for..? Even if he does leave, you probably get one championship out of it anyway and can go from there.
what is OKC to do tho? would Dwight be dumb to turn down OKC in the offseason if he got traded there? hell yeah. but everything Dwight wants is off the court crap OKC cant offer.

OKC GM ant trading harden and ibaka and years of draft picks for dwight

Lol people in here saying Dwight would only be a little upgrade
Clearly you guys don't watch laker games. Sure Bynum has post moves
But that's it! Dude can't pass the ball to save his life. He avg 3+ traveling calls a game.
Doesn't play defense every night. Doesn't play the pick n roll very well .
Thank you...

I'm not bashing him, we can still be a top team with him IF he puts in the effort and loses the attitude.

But we've seen what Nash can do with athletic bigs, can you imagine what would happen with Dwight? And still have Pau and Kobe? 
mean.gif

This ish needs to get done already.

what is OKC to do tho? would Dwight be dumb to turn down OKC in the offseason if he got traded there? hell yeah. but everything Dwight wants is off the court crap OKC cant offer.

Any trade involving OKC and Dwight would definitely include Westbrook. Nobody is settling for Harden, Ibaka and picks.

The lakers dont really gain much by acquiring Dwight, the only plus that dwight have over Bynum is on the dfense

This is really silly. Just defense huh? Just 50% of the game? :lol: Dwight is a gamechanger on defense. The Magic have always been a good to very good defensive team, and Howard was the ONLY plus defender on that entire team! The idea of Kobe, Pau and Dwight playing together with Nash distributing to them is just sick. Barring injuries, the Lakers will win the title next year if this team is together. And I dont think I am being a prisoner of the moment by saying this.

let me start off by saying that if this deal doesn't happen, it wont be the end of the world. i am content with what we have and what else we can add to the bench... but, saying that dwight marginally improves the lakers is asinine.

Any trade involving OKC and Dwight would definitely include Westbrook. Nobody is settling for Harden, Ibaka and picks.

yeah thats what i was thinking... "why would ORL let them keep hustle westbrook when all thier pg's suck"

Last edited:
When you were on the verge of trading him for maxed out Brook Lopez and now Anderson Varejao and picks, Harden and Ibaka seems like a hell of a deal, especially given both are restricted and cant just walk away after the season.

FMLLLLL....Dwight is just killing me right now. Magic atleast have some trade leverage now with that only one team ****.

When you were on the verge of trading him for maxed out Brook Lopez and now Anderson Varejao and picks, Harden and Ibaka seems like a hell of a deal, especially given both are restricted and cant just walk away after the season.

If I'm the magic I'm goign hard for those two...it seems like a no brainer to me. I can see the Thunder not wanting him with one head case at PG already.

They can afford Dwight by trading Bynum.. And if they get Dwight they'll have full bird rights, which means they can sign him to a max deal..
Bynum has had multiple MAJOR knee surgeries... And is a big problem causer... Dwight Howard's game fits better with LA than Bynum's
This. If I'm the Lakers I'm pushing for this as hard as I can.

dwight acts like a douche and now people don't think he would be a difference maker on the lakers?

lols. that ain't how it works.

The Wizards tried to trade Andray Blatche for Dwight before they used the amnesty clause on him sources say...Oh you sly fox Ernie Grunfield, I see you.

I'm not getting too excited yet, I'd love to see it happen.  But I have a feeling something or someone is just gonna blow the whole thing up.. someone will leak something or Orlando is going to drag their feet hoping some dark horse team makes a better pitch..

Seriously though, I applaud the Lakers front office for making moves to continually improve the team and not suffer through years of a dormant struggle and rebuilding process. Yes I know they have Kobe, but Mitch is putting in work.

Howard will be a beast on the Lakers hands down. He might be a moron in the press and a PR nightmare, but dude is far more mature than Bynum on the court and appears to take better care of his body. He will be a definite upgrade and will assist with the pick and roll defense and help cover up some of Nash's defensive inadequacies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom