Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being an efficient scorer off the bench is really important, though. Replacing Harden with one or two guys who can combine for the same amount of points is not the same thing. Harden's great for OKC because he doesn't need a lot of shots to get his points, and when Russ and Durant are out there together, that's HUGE. Whoever you plan to replace Harden with needs to be able to shoot well from 3 and then get to the line as often.

Imma go to bed, but all in all.. If the thunder can't get Beal for Harden, they'll let go of Ibaka. Draft tomorrow
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

Imma go to bed, but all in all.. If the thunder can't get Beal for Harden, they'll let go of Ibaka. Draft tomorrow
pimp.gif
Wait so you're saying trade Ibaka for the pick that will be Beal AND let Harden walk?! WYLIN

They'd be stuck with Perkins and having Collison dying on the court cuz he'd be playing 40 min every night. Scared money does not get results man, this aint Money Ball.

OKC has to keep that core 3 and they only trade Ibaka if some team is dumb enough to trade a top10 pick but even then they need to keep Harden.
Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Any GM that gives up a top 10 pick for Ibaka in this draft is a damn fool. I'd totally be fine with the fans of that team tarring and feathering that GM.

I like Ibaka but trading a top 10 pick for him is a Jordan-Bobcats move.
Now you know how Nets fans felt while watching on Draft Lottery night when they knew Billly King traded away a lottery pick in this years draft for Gearld Wallace 
laugh.gif
I still don't know why they thought Wallace would keep Deron around (not that a top 15 pick from this draft would make Deron want to stay.

No. If Ibaka had a post game or a more reliable and trustworthy jumper (he'd be Al Jefferson then) along with his weak side help on defense then I'd consider it but as he is now, no.

Look at the teams in the top 10 how much are they improving with Ibaka on their squad? They're better off continuing to rebuild, only trade that pick after you can see what he does for 2-3 years.

No. If Ibaka had a post game or a more reliable and trustworthy jumper (he'd be Al Jefferson then) along with his weak side help on defense then I'd consider it but as he is now, no.

Look at the teams in the top 10 how much are they improving with Ibaka on their squad? They're better off continuing to rebuild, only trade that pick after you can see what he does for 2-3 years.
wouldn't you say ibaka is a project in itself? he's only 22 (per wikipedia). already an elite shot blocker. his jumper is decent and seems to be improving. 
would you take drummond (HUGE project. calhoun already said give him 5 years), henson, terrence jones, tyler zeller, or meyers leanord over ibaka? 

Originally Posted by HankMoody

These fake accounts...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Soooooo many writers RT'd it too
laugh.gif

Those idiots learned nothing from the guy that tweeted something fake just to prove his point
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

wouldn't you say ibaka is a project in itself? he's only 22 (per wikipedia). already an elite shot blocker. his jumper is decent and seems to be improving. 
would you take drummond (HUGE project. calhoun already said give him 5 years), henson, terrence jones, tyler zeller, or meyers leanord over ibaka?
The main difference here is those teams are trying to rebuild, you don't trade those picks for him unless you're gearing up to make moves right after, sign FAs and be a competitive team in the next 2 years. I'd rather pick those other projects and see how they work out and after some time see if I want to trade. Getting  Ibaka would be good but not enough to make that kind of move for the teams choosing from the top 10. He'd be on the team for a while possibly more than just an elite shot blocker, maybe an all around defensive force but I can't see him being anything more than a 3rd option on offense at best if he really works on that the next 5 years.

I aint buying his age though, them child rebel soldiers get enlisted at 5. He probably closer to 26
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

The main difference here is those teams are trying to rebuild, you don't trade those picks for him unless you're gearing up to make moves right after, sign FAs and be a competitive team in the next 2 years. I'd rather pick those other projects and see how they work out and after some time see if I want to trade. Getting  Ibaka would be good but not enough to make that kind of move for the teams choosing from the top 10. He'd be on the team for a while possibly more than just an elite shot blocker, maybe an all around defensive force but I can't see him being anything more than a 3rd option on offense at best if he really works on that the next 5 years.

I aint buying his age though, them child rebel soldiers get enlisted at 5. He probably closer to 26
laugh.gif
haha true. thats why i looked up dude's age, and was suprised it said only 22
laugh.gif

but i get what you're saying. i never really took the cap space thing into account. def. would be wiser to invest into a rookie contract and growing a team from the ground up instead of paying ibaka big money. 

Originally Posted by Dprociak

I say trade harden for a top 10 pick and try to keep the salary low.....Only option imo

Thunder just have so many possibilities and options.

I say trade harden for a top 10 pick and try to keep the salary low.....Only option imo
Thunder just have so many possibilities and options.
My whole thing on their options is if they're trying to win now which is definitely within reach next 5 years they should be taking steps forward not backward. Giving up Harden cuz you don't want to pay him in hopes that whoever you draft will eventually have the same production he had doesn't make sense to me. If they're all about low salary though I guess you take that chance and hope you're in the finals next year.

laugh.gif
@ quoting yourself.

There was a rumor floated out from Broussard (so I'm not sure how real it is) that the Warriors were talking to the Nuggets about a possible 7th pick/Wilson Chandler swap. If Broussard is speaking truth, I assume Wright would be packaged with the 7th pick in exchange for Chandler & a pick, since Gold State can't take on Wilson's salary without giving somebody up.
I wouldn't do that if I were GSW, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom