Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh 400-500 mil or whatever his net worth is, is a lot of $$
but yea compared to other owners.. that robot prokorov is worth like 18 billion. smh

i wana know how puffy has so much money. sean john hasnt been hot in years.. he doesnt have any artist that i know of. 

ciroc homie, ciroc

he owns like 1% :lol:
if that

1/16th of 1%

I mean, he could afford majority ownership though. Prokhorov bought majority ownership for $200,000,000 so the Nets value is anywhere between 350-400mil (Prok thinks by 2015 they will be worth a BILLION). I wonder if Nelly owns more of the Bobcats or Usher owns more of the Cavs.

Jay-z only spent $1 million to be a minority owner?
laugh.gif
I'm wondering what kind of measly return he expects to make with that paltry investment.

Look at it another way.. he owns a fraction of the team yet he gets the attention like he and the Russian were earning billions together all these years.

His name alone gets him the spotlight.. so he can spend so little and technically be "an owner" and what more do you need? Putting up half your fortune on an NBA team or putting up a few cars worth of cash and get the same spotlight and focus?

Jay-z only spent $1 million to be a minority owner? :lol:

I'm wondering what kind of measly return he expects to make with that paltry investment.

The investment is putting his image and brand alongside a brand new team and arena in Brooklyn. That kind of attention is valuable.. especially for someone like Jay-Z who continues to find other business opportunities besides rap.

Last edited:
Jay's done a good job of promoting himself through his partnership I have to admit. I guess that's why his share came as such a big shock. 

Completely random, but i'm hoping and honestly believe that my guy O.J. is going to have a breakout year this year. :pimp: :pimp:

He's shown he can be a dynamo scorer in the L (See first two years in the league, especially as a rookie) and the Mavericks, aside from Dirk, need someone who can create for themselves and put the ball in the hoop.

He's going to start, receive a lot burn, and will have a shot to touch 18-20 ppg. We'll see what happens, but i'm looking forward to what he can do as a Maverick this season.

Eh. I see OJ topping off as a 15-16 Point scorer shooting low 40% from the field with erractic 3pt shooting and spotty defense. Had high hopes for him coming outta SC but watching him the last couple years he hasn't impressed me much.

Im looking forward to seeing what O.J. can do in Dallas. I never liked the way he was used in Memphis as a PG (not his strength) & then off the bench with inconsistent minutes. Its one thing to have him come off the bench, but the minutes need to be there. I think if he gets some freedom & consistent time & SG in Dallas he'll do fine.

As for Hov... His role on the Nets is bigger than what his % of owning the team shows. He's helped design arena plans, took part in marketing campaigns, team colors, logo designs, etc. I know other people have bigger roles on the team, but considering he only owns said amount, that's not bad, imo.

OJ Mayo sucks I thought we were going to hear the end of his sucking now they he was off MEmphis but apparently not. NO scrubbier player gets more love on NT, its baffling.

I hope Mayo doesn't turn into that player that we are all hoping to FINALLY see him become a star

Doesn't appear so.. Maybe a new team will spark him

NT's favourite player :lol:

At one point I was sucked in too after Sonny Vaccaro said he was the future

Definite 2nd option + consistant minutes & no ball hogs on the team.. I'm ready :pimp:

Last edited:
Juice is/will be a quality complimentary player. 15-17 PPG scorer, 40% from three and the occasional 2-3 assists and defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom