Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
whos hating on Jay? no one.

we are just stating the fact that he has no say in anything major with the team.

that fact that people thought the Nets moved to Brooklyn solely because of Jay is comical

Melo will replace melo on that team, i expect a great season from them.

and money? Iggy was/is getting his money regardless even if its not in Denver

• All hail Paul Pierce, the only player to rank in the top five in both seasons. The Celtics’ small forward ascended to the top in 2011-12, when he averaged 1.057 points per possession and shot 48 percent from the post. Pierce, 34, posted up a bit more often last season than in 2010-11, suggesting that he has discovered a weapon that will age well. He drew a free throw on 21 percent of his post-up possessions, the highest number in the sample. That old man game …
:pimp: :pimp:

My man :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
hopefully the thunder were able to get some discount then have space for the beard :nerd:

I wonder if its enough less to sign harden to a max deal

If they amnesty Perkins (which is likely) they are at $40mil guaranteed next year..

It's Possible.. Question is do the Thunder want to be a Luxury Tax team..

Problem with this is those salaries keep going up.. And each year they'll have less and less people on the roster.. Each year they'll have to piece together more with less money.

Owner says he'll pay into the luxury.. But how much is the question to answer.. Keeping those 4 could put the Thunder in high $50mil just on those 4 guys starting next year. 1-3 years after next year those 4 will put them over the cap alone, and near the tax rate on 4 guys..

We'll see

edit: Woj says it's 4 year, $40+mil...

Last edited:
If you're pushing gentrification just to make money in your home borough you're a sellout.

$$$$ > everything.

i'd "sellout" everyone that isnt family to get the the top, why? because the same would be done to me.

but lets not turn this into a jayz thread :l

If they amnesty Perkins (which is likely) they are at $40mil guaranteed next year..
Problem with this is those salaries keep going up.. And each year they'll have less and less people on the roster.. Each year they'll have to piece together more with less money.
Owner says he'll pay into the luxury.. But how much is the question to answer.. Keeping those 4 could put the Thunder in high $50mil just on those 4 guys starting next year. 1-3 years after next year those 4 will put them over the cap alone, and near the tax rate on 4 guys..
We'll see

They can do it. Grizz have 4 players making a combined $55M (guessing off the top of my head). And they filled the rest of their roster out pretty good and only about $4M over the tax. When you're only a little over, you can always get back under before the end of the season.

Last edited:
They can do it. Grizz have 4 players making a combined $55M (guessing off the top of my head). And they filled the rest of their roster out pretty good and only about $4M over the tax.

It can be done.. But that's $55mil winding down in Memphis case..

OKC is $55mil 1st year of 2 new contracts.. By the 3rd year they are at $65mil

They're young, so they do have that advantage... But filling that roster at a championship caliber.. Under $80mil will be tough..

I'm just curious how they fill the bench, and play Center..

Last edited:
We'll see

Wowww less than the max.

He sold his self short. imo.

It can be done.. But that's $55mil winding down in Memphis case.. Some one terrible contracts, and not a legitimate contender.. A potential upset team 1st Round every year. But no one really considers the Grizz to win a title.. (No hate, just an observation)
OKC is $55mil 1st year of 2 new contracts.. By the 3rd year they are at $65mil.
They're young, so they do have that advantage... But filling that roster at a championship caliber.. Under $80mil will be tough..
I'm just curious how they fill the bench, and play Center..

take the Heat route by chance?

3 superstars / top players filled with sub par talent.

i know its a reach but it can be done....

honestly Harden wouldve been my 1st concern then Iblocka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom