Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol are you serious? he stays mentioning the "im an owner" crap in his songs. 

i didn't know how much he owned but i do know that Nelly also owns a part of them, correct....if he owns so little how he move the team?

Nelly owns a smart part of the bobcats...

and Jay-z didnt move anything :rofl: he has no say in anything, hes just a big name to attract people to games and since he knows players maybe that will help draw them to the team. unless jay-z paid for the arena himself, he had no say or part in the movement to brooklyn.

and Jay-z didnt move anything :rofl: he has no say in anything, hes just a big name to attract people to games and since he knows players maybe that will help draw them to the team. unless jay-z paid for the arena himself, he had no say or part in the movement to brooklyn.

So ball so hard, ***** behave, just might let you meet Ye,
Chi towns D. Rose, I’m movin’ the Nets to BK

>D

Not starting an arguement, just saying this line thats all lol

:lol: jay-z is nothing more than just a side show at the games...dude owns a tiny percentage of that franchise and I think I'm being generous with the word tiny...

Then you factor in his input, having his own suit free of charge ($500k), a Roc-a-wear storefront, his products within the area/stadium it adds up to way more than a side show.

If they were touting him and him getting no other benefit, financial or otherwise, then that'd be more of the case..

>D

i could give a damnn less what he says or sings, he has zero same in the movement. why would the owner let someone who owns less than 1% of the team have a say in anything about the team? the main reason jay-z was anything to the team was because he was BFF with lebron and they were hoping he could reel him in. that obviously failed. all he is, is a big name for the fans.

• All hail Paul Pierce, the only player to rank in the top five in both seasons. The Celtics’ small forward ascended to the top in 2011-12, when he averaged 1.057 points per possession and shot 48 percent from the post. Pierce, 34, posted up a bit more often last season than in 2010-11, suggesting that he has discovered a weapon that will age well. He drew a free throw on 21 percent of his post-up possessions, the highest number in the sample. That old man game …
:pimp: :pimp:

>D

i could give a damnn less what he says or sings, he has zero same in the movement. why would the owner let someone who owns less than 1% of the team have a say in anything about the team? the main reason jay-z was anything to the team was because he was BFF with lebron and they were hoping he could reel him in. that obviously failed. all he is, is a big name for the fans.

Prokavic or whatever the hell the Russian's name is uses him as a face for management. 90% of people who watch bball know who jay z is and 97% of nba players know who he is. His vote doesn't count much, but his opinions matter to the Russian cause jay z has an influence here in the states.

ok Dre :pimp:

Prokavic or whatever the hell the Russian's name is uses him as a face for management. 90% of people who watch bball know who jay z is and 97% of nba players know who he is. His vote doesn't count much, but his opinions matter to the Russian cause jay z has an influence here in the states.
Exactly. From what I've read, the Big Russian is barely in the States year-round. Having Jay walk around with the "part owner" label makes too much sense for both sides. Once y'all get past that he doesn't own as much of the Nets as he/they would like everyone to believe, it's easy to see why the relationship is mutually beneficial.

I'd say 100% of NBA players know who Jay-Z is.

I am BAFFLED as to how this topic is being discussed everywhere. I thought it was WELL known that he only owned a smidget of the team.

I am BAFFLED as to how this topic is being discussed everywhere. I thought it was WELL known that he only owned a smidget of the team.

"****** just bored wanna be in ****"

Dude spent a million to be a figurehead, have a Rocawear store & 40/40 club inside the Barclays Center,suite/court side seats which basically led to him executive producing everything outside of game play on 2k13.

Money well spent imo.

Jay z is a sell out mascot pushing gentrification

:lol: :lol: you sound upset cause you living in the slums

Jay went from the projects to be worth 7 figures plus and being respected as a business man and that makes him a sellout? :lol:

lol at people hating Jay-Z for being a minority owner.

while most nters are minorities who own nothing.

crabs in a barrel.

No he's a sellout for being a part of this stadium that kicked people out of their homes and is gonna drive up the price of living there.

I don't know how much those businessmen respect him. He's being used as a mascot. He's getting plenty of publicity out of it though so I'm sure he's fine with it

ESPN ranked every player in the NBA, 1-500. They just released the bottom 100. Both finals teams have 3 of such players.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8246986/2012-nba-player-rankings-401-500

426. Daniel Orton
443. Hasheem Thabeet
496. Hollis Thompson

Miami Heat

454. Dexter Pittman
476. Juwan Howard
500. Eddy Curry
I remember when this list came out last year people were so angry. I made a thread about it cause it will no doubt get good eventually.

SMH @ the Hov hate in here. You guys should be ashamed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom