Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not gonna start a whole new argument, but the Pacers to me are the most overrated team in the last decade. Paul George wlil never be what everyone wants him to be and Granger is another overrated player. DJ and Gerald Green are nice additions but that team isnt going anywhere.

I'm actually not expecting much from Kidd to be honest, except for less turnovers than Knick teams in the past, and I want to say most Knick fans here feel the same. Its the additions of Camby (the team wont blow leads now everytime Tyson gets in foul trouble), Pablo (high IQ, pass first), Felton, Brewer (makes up for shumpert loss) along with Kidd that make this team a lot better than last years. ESPECIALLY defensively.

Its the fact that the whole team is motivated. Melo getting in shape, Felton losing weight and has a chip on his shoulder, Amare putting in the work this offseason (doubt he can get worse than last year).

Hard work pays off, and I'm liking the direction this team is headed so thats why I put them in 3rd. But we all know regular season standings dont matter.

so you dont expect the team with the 4th best record in the NBA to do anything, but you expect the Knicks too?

It's time to kick off our fifth-annual Summer Foecast series. (Last year, it was a Winter Forecast due to the lockout.)

Over the next two weeks, we'll roll out our predictions for how each team will do this season, as well as the 2012-13 Rookie of the Year, Best Newcomer, Worst Newcomer, MVP, conference champions and NBA champs. We'll also examine which teams will make the biggest turnarounds this season and which teams could be in for the most turmoil.

To do so, we surveyed 100 of ESPN's best basketball minds, including contributors from ESPN.com, the TrueHoop Network, TrueHoop TV, Daily Dime Live, ESPN TV, ESPN Radio, ESPN Deportes, espnW, ESPN The Magazine, ESPN Insider, ESPN Fantasy, ESPN Games, ESPN Dallas, ESPN Los Angeles, ESPN Boston, ESPN Chicago, ESPN New York, ESPN Stats & Information, ESPN Topics and ESPN Analytics.

We'll start with the conference that features the reigning NBA champs.

To participate in the discussion and perhaps get your opinion published on this page, #NBApicks is the Twitter hashtag to use. Or you can just follow along @NBAonESPN.

Let's begin ...

[h3]Forecast: 2012-13 Eastern Conference Standings[/h3]

[table][tr][th=""]RANK[/th][th=""]TEAM[/th][th=""]W[/th][th=""]L[/th][th=""]PCT[/th][th=""]'12 W[/th][th=""]'12 L[/th][th=""]'12 PCT[/th][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Miami Heat[/td][td]60[/td][td]22[/td][td].732[/td][td]46[/td][td]20[/td][td].697[/td][/tr][tr][td]
mia.gif

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Boston Celtics[/td][td]50[/td][td]32[/td][td].610[/td][td]39[/td][td]27[/td][td].591[/td][/tr][tr][td]
bos.gif

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Indiana Pacers[/td][td]50[/td][td]32[/td][td].610[/td][td]42[/td][td]24[/td][td].636[/td][/tr][tr][td]
ind.gif

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Chicago Bulls[/td][td]46[/td][td]36[/td][td].561[/td][td]50[/td][td]16[/td][td].758[/td][/tr][tr][td]
chi.gif

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Brooklyn Nets[/td][td]46[/td][td]36[/td][td].561[/td][td]22[/td][td]44[/td][td].333[/td][/tr][tr][td]
njn.gif

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Philadelphia 76ers[/td][td]46[/td][td]36[/td][td].561[/td][td]35[/td][td]31[/td][td].530[/td][/tr][tr][td]
phi.gif

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]New York Knicks[/td][td]45[/td][td]37[/td][td].549[/td][td]36[/td][td]30[/td][td].545[/td][/tr][tr][td]
nyk.gif
@BigL_17: No way the Knicks are going to finish seventh. They were one of the hottest teams in the league at the end of the year. Top 4.[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Atlanta Hawks[/td][td]40[/td][td]42[/td][td].488[/td][td]40[/td][td]26[/td][td].606[/td][/tr][tr][td]
atl.gif

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Milwaukee Bucks[/td][td]37[/td][td]45[/td][td].451[/td][td]31[/td][td]35[/td][td].470[/td][/tr][tr][td]
mil.gif
@mmm9731: I agree with Milwaukee being 9th. Jennings & Ellis are very good, but teams like PHI & BKN managed to greatly improve this summer.

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Cleveland Cavaliers[/td][td]33[/td][td]49[/td][td].402[/td][td]21[/td][td]45[/td][td].318[/td][/tr][tr][td]
cle.gif
@Ry_FreeMinds: The Cavs are gonna be fighting for that 8th spot if Kyrie stays healthy. I think 38-41 wins isn't out of the question.
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Toronto Raptors[/td][td]32[/td][td]50[/td][td].390[/td][td]23[/td][td]43[/td][td].348[/td][/tr][tr][td]
tor.gif

Join the discussion »[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Washington Wizards[/td][td]31[/td][td]51[/td][td].378[/td][td]20[/td][td]46[/td][td].303[/td][/tr][tr][td]
was.gif

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Detroit Pistons[/td][td]30[/td][td]52[/td][td].366[/td][td]25[/td][td]41[/td][td].379[/td][/tr][tr][td]
det.gif

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Orlando Magic[/td][td]21[/td][td]61[/td][td].256[/td][td]37[/td][td]29[/td][td].561[/td][/tr][tr][td]
orl.gif

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Charlotte Bobcats[/td][td]19[/td][td]63[/td][td].232[/td][td]7[/td][td]59[/td][td].106[/td][/tr][tr][td]
cha.gif

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][/table]* -- Teams tied in win total ordered by decimal rankings from our experts' predictions.

You can disrespect NTs favorite players, just cause he dropped 72 in a summer league game where defense isn't the main priority and going against players of lesser talent, who are we to judge?

Suck ****, it has nothing to do w/ him dropping 72 points in a summer league game

I would like to see Taj in a starting role just to see what he can do.... At this point if you can't amnesty Booz now might as well keep him and use him as 15 Millie expiring , don't pull a sixers and amnesty someone in the last year of their deal :stoneface:

counting this year there is 3 more years left in Booz's deal.. They have to get rid of him in the next offseason.. Amnesty isn't around forever. You lose it August 2015.

I say see how this season goes.. If Rose re-injures himself (god forbid) use it on DRose who is signed through 2016-17. Meaning he comes back and tears his ACL again..

If not get rid of Booz to build a winner around Rose.

Last edited:
1. I thought Russy averaged like 23 points per game?!!? :wow:

2. Wizards/Pistons are not makin' the playoffs. Maybe if Nene would actually try to play hard. Bucks will probably get that last spot.

1. I thought Russy averaged like 23 points per game?!!?
eek.gif

2. Wizards/Pistons are not makin' the playoffs. Maybe if Nene would actually try to play hard. Bucks will probably get that last spot.
1.he did avg 23

2. exactly i dont see how someone can call the bucks trash yet have the wizards,pistons or cavs in the playoffs

On another note, I had no idea David Robinson averaged 24-12-4(blocks) in his rookie season :x: and scored 71 in a game :x

I knew that Duncan/Robinson frontcourt was good, but I didnt think it was this good.

Last edited:
1. I thought Russy averaged like 23 points per game?!!? :wow:

1.he did avg 23

2. exactly i dont see how someone can call the bucks trash yet have the wizards,pistons or cavs in the playoffs

who do the Bucks have? a chucker in Ellis and Jennings is terrible.

Wizards>>>>>>>Bucks

Bulls need to tank and cop a top 3 pick. Only way anyone is going to challenge the Heat anytime soon in the East.

who do the Bucks have? a chucker in Ellis and Jennings is terrible.
Wizards>>>>>>>Bucks

Monta >>> Anyone on the Wizards.

Guaranteed scorer night in & night out. But Jennings kinda fell off, thought son was gonna be Iverson 2.0 :\

I think the Raptors can squeeze in 8th.

I don't think that Washington is an automatic playoff team.

Monta sucks, people will start to realize that soon

No way in hell anyone can watch Monta play and say he sucks. He puts up over 25 (Putting extras on it but it's somewhere in that area) a game in the NBA man, he does not suck :lol: in fact that makes him borderline elite.

Now, saying all he does is score, doesn't make plays for others, etc. is another story but he does not suck.

Pfff im a knicks fan that learned my lesson. I aint hyping em up this season. F that lol.

Media is always right about us in recent memory

Btw if i was woodson i would be printing out these articles and making sure the entire team sees what everyone thinks about them. I really doubt they do that. But i would.

This team needs to come out angry and play with heart and MOTIVATION

Honestly, I think Monta just needs to be in the right situation. When he was the 3rd option on those "We Believe" Warrior teams, he was a pretty efficient scorer. He's not what you consider a #1, but can definitely be a #3, maybe even a #2 on a contending team.

He's been put in situations where he is allowed to chuck because the Warriors offense lacked structure and discipline.

Last edited:
Monte doesn't suck, all he can do is score though, a 2nd / 3rd option on a team he'd be :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom