Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy for dude, wish the nets could've kept him, but his askin pice was a little too much :smh: :\

10 million over 3 years is alot better than what they gave Gerald Wallace for what they'll get out of him.

10 million over 3 years is alot better than what they gave Gerald Wallace for what they'll get out of him.

trust me, nets fans werent happy about that :lol: :lol:

what pisses me off is he didnt even want that much to begin with :lol:

Agent 0 :pimp:

gilbert-playing-guns-huddle.jpg

Hibachi was that dude.

I don't think there's a chance in hell we'll see a flash of the old Gil though.

And there goes the word "hate" because we don't believe in the Knicks team :lol: I guess

It has nothing to do with not not believing in the team, but has everything to do with the fact that nobody has anything to say to people that list the nets sixers and pacers at third but when someone lists the Knicks people find it laughable even though it's very plausible the Knicks finish ahead of those teams. People want to see this team fail and enjoy when they do. With how liberally the word hate is thrown around nowadays I think it's fair to say people "hate on" the Knicks. I cant magine how bad it would be if the Knicks were actually winning titles.

did anyone call Gilbert Arenas elite?
Micheal Redd?
:nerd:
i rest my case..

Gilbert Arenas wasn't elite? Come on man, He was an ALL STAR in the NBA putting up over 25 A GAME...If that isn't elite I don't know what is.

Michael Redd, I can see why most would say he wasn't elite, however he too topped over 20, 23 a game and was an an ALL STAR in the NBA...In my opinion, that constitutes being elite in the NBA, at least for that time period.

ESPN Western Conference Predictions

1. Oklahoma City Thunder: 57.9 wins, 0.3 games worse
Oklahoma City's projected age (weighted by game minutes) for this season is 25.8 years, which ranks 22nd in the league. To give some context, the teams just behind the Thunder are Sacramento, Toronto and Washington. In other words, OKC sports a collective age typical of a franchise in rebuilding mode, yet the Thunder are coming off a Finals appearance.

The sky is the limit, especially considering the growth potential Oklahoma City still has on the defensive end, where it is projected to rank 11th. This is a squad that could win 60-65 games this season if healthy and focused.

2. Los Angeles Lakers: 54.8 wins, 9.6 games better
The Lakers' projection keeps nudging forward with every signing Mitch Kupchak makes to round out the league's oldest roster. Most of that optimism can be traced to the acquisitions of Dwight Howard and Steve Nash. The Lakers project to jump from 10th to seventh on offense and 12th to fifth on defense.

3. Denver Nuggets: 51.1 wins, 2.2 games better
The Nuggets will be one of the league's most interesting teams to follow. Already fielding one of the NBA's deepest rotations, Denver bolstered its upside by upgrading from Arron Afflalo to Andre Iguodala. Iggy gives Denver one of the top five defenders in the league and a guy who should flourish in George Karl's frenetic system.

4. Minnesota Timberwolves: 51.0 wins, 16.3 games better
Only Brooklyn projects to make a bigger jump than the young, talented and suddenly deep Timberwolves. For all the abuse that general manager David Kahn has taken in the past, he had as good an offseason as any executive in the league. Minnesota has 12 legitimate NBA talents on its roster, giving Rick Adelman the versatility to play any style that suits him at any given time. And, yes, this projection takes into account the fact that Ricky Rubio will miss anywhere from 30-40 games while recovering from his knee injury.

5. San Antonio Spurs: 50.7 wins, 9.3 games worse
The league's most consistent franchise is once again displaying an amazing amount of continuity by bringing back about 98 percent of its minutes from last season, although DeJuan Blair has been rumored to be on the trade market. Still, the Spurs overachieved a bit last season based on their point differential, and their aging core is one year older, which means wilting playing time projections for Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili.

6. Los Angeles Clippers: 49.1 wins, 0.6 games worse
This whole super-team fad is fairly new, so we're still not sure about the best method for filling out the roster for such a model. The Clippers have as much foundation talent as anyone, but the rest of the roster looks like a bunch of names. Jamal Crawford may or may not be an upgrade from Mo Williams, while recognizable but tepid players like Ronny Turiaf, Caron Butler, Willie Green, Ryan Hollins and Grant Hill -- the league's oldest player -- round out the bench to no real effect. A return to form by Lamar Odom would be a huge boost for the Clips.

7. Utah Jazz: 42.9 wins, 0.1 games worse
Utah has a lot of really nice, young pieces, but as the franchise continues to evolve, it remains to be seen how it's all going to fit together. With so many efficient interior scorers and a growing collection of 3-point shooters, the offense projects to be top-five in the league. However, the defense lags, and it will as long as the Jazz count on Al Jefferson to anchor the middle.

8. Memphis Grizzlies: 42.2 wins, 4.9 games worse
Small-market teams have to make hard decisions as they age and their core pieces become more expensive, and so it was for Memphis, which had no choice but to allow O.J. Mayo to walk. Jerryd Bayless will be asked to fill his role as a bench scorer and may be well-suited for the role. Memphis is woefully short of outside shooters, however, and projects to make the fewest 3-pointers in the league.

9. Dallas Mavericks: 38.2 wins, 5.7 games worse
The Mavericks' placeholder roster screams average, but with Rick Carlisle at the helm, you certainly can't rule out a run at a playoff berth. Despite the turnover in personnel, the Mavericks managed to remain long in the tooth, with a projection as the fourth-oldest team in the league.

10. Golden State Warriors: 34.7 wins, 3.3 games better
The Warriors fancy themselves as a playoff contender. We do not. Golden State has questionable depth despite the presence of veterans such as Richard Jefferson, Carl Landry and Brandon Rush on the roster. Harrison Barnes projects to be one of the worst players in the league. Indeed, his ability to outperform that forecast is the key to Golden State taking that longed-for step toward the postseason.

11. Sacramento Kings: 34.1 wins, 8.4 games better
The Kings seem to be headed in the right direction, but it has seemed like that for a few years now, and the results never quite measure up to the expectations. To say that this is a pivotal season for Tyreke Evans is an understatement.

12. New Orleans Hornets: 33.2 wins, 3.6 games better
There is no doubt that the Hornets are on the upswing and the long-term picture is bright. While New Orleans has a really exciting core, it remains very young and raw. Austin Rivers could help matters by exceeding a horrific forecast, but even if he does, chances are that Ryan Anderson is going to fall short of his projection now that he's no longer joined at the hip with Howard.

13. Portland Trail Blazers: 33.1 wins, 6.1 games worse
The last epoch of Blazers basketball was utterly ruined by injuries, so Portland has effectively hit the reset button and projects to have a younger roster than all but four other teams in the league. Right now, this is just a franchise searching for an identity.

14. Houston Rockets: 29.4 wins, 12.2 games worse
The Rockets cleared the decks for a run at Howard, and once that didn't work out, they were left with the next-best thing for a team trying to escape the middle: flexibility. Houston projects as the league's worst offensive team, one that will get an inordinate amount of its scoring from a starting backcourt of Jeremy Lin and Kevin Martin. In that sense, this Rockets squad harkens to some of the lesser Rudy Tomjanovich teams that were led by the duo of Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley.

15. Phoenix Suns: 27.8 wins, 12.5 games worse
We're not exactly sure what the plan is in Phoenix, but the Suns are moving forward with a roster devoid of core players. They won't just be bad. They'll be boring. We'll have to see what the future brings.

Arenas was arguably a top 10 player at one point in his career so how that doesn't make him elite at one point in his career I have no idea.

It has nothing to do with not not believing in the team, but has everything to do with the fact that nobody has anything to say to people that list the nets sixers and pacers at third but when someone lists the Knicks people find it laughable even though it's very plausible the Knicks finish ahead of those teams. People want to see this team fail and enjoy when they do. With how liberally the word hate is thrown around nowadays I think it's fair to say people "hate on" the Knicks. I cant magine how bad it would be if the Knicks were actually winning titles.

Fair enough, ill break it down for you.

Sixers got better in adding YOLO, granted they lose Iggy, and his great defense, but its not like they lose a vital piece of that team, he wasnt even their leading scorer last year. Bynum being the best center in the East should push them deep into the playoffs as long as Collins doesnt let him act wild and he stays focused, and he prob will considering its a contract year and he gets to the the Man now in the area he grew up (south jersey) which consists of alot of sixers, flyers and phillies fans.

Pacers got better with the additions of DJ and Green, both NBA starters at one point and now going to bolster that team, Hibbert should progress with another year under his belt.

Nets on paper, and i say again on paper are a very good team, granted the bench leaves something to be desired, but a all star back court with JJ & Dwill and Lopez, Humps, Wallace on the front court, a very good starting 5 if that could propel them to the number 2 seed.

Now the knicks, Lacking on the PG dept, A very old Kidd, a Rookie PG who is what, 36? never played in the NBA (international game is different than the NBA as we all know) and Felton whos best year came in an offense in which he was allowed to do whatever he wanted with stat (2 years ago) Shumps got hurt (i think he can be a very good player, maybe number 2/3 on a contending team) and you replaced with Brewer, so its about so so, but you still have JR chucking shots. Melo is gonna be melo, hes gonna score, take plays off, and play half hearted defense. Stat has to come back from injury (maybe) and find his way into that offense. Tyson is gonna be tyson, a double double every night with very good defense and put backs on O, Camby is gonna be there to help when Tyson is fould trouble, a couple of tip ins and dunks here and there.

The biggest issues the knicks have is Stat / Melo cant play together, it doesnt work, weve seen Almost 2 seasons of it, it doesnt work, and now with shady PG play you really expect it to work? thats why everyone laughs when people say the knicks as the 2nd seed. And we have to see Woodson with a full season under his belt, Remeber atlanta? that team got the playoffs on talent alone every year ( JJ , M.Will, Al, J.Smith) and what happened? bounced every 2nd round.

did anyone call Gilbert Arenas elite?
Micheal Redd?
:nerd:
i rest my case..

Gilbert Arenas wasn't elite? Come on man, He was an ALL STAR in the NBA putting up over 25 A GAME...If that isn't elite I don't know what is.

Michael Redd, I can see why most would say he wasn't elite, however he too topped over 20, 23 a game and was an an ALL STAR in the NBA...In my opinion, that constitutes being elite in the NBA, at least for that time period.

Redd>>>>Ellis

dont call Ellis and elite scorer or player..

:pimp: at that UNC pic.

As far as Gil, he was definitely an elite player when he was healthy & in his prime, imo.

I'll be pullin for Gerald Green in Indy... Wish we could've kept him, but im sure he'll do his thing over there. His game has evolved a lot since his first couple years in the league. His basketball IQ & 3 ball have improved a lot.

Don't know why ya'll still argue basketball w/ zyzz. Son is a troll.

He called Kyrie Irving trash all last year and talked about how Rubio was so much better than him until he realized how dumb he was looking and changed his tune...

Was thinking about this earlier? When's the last time there was an elite team as young as OKC is? In my lifetime...I cannot recall a team that was top 2-3 in the league and had that young of a roster.

NBA Rookie Shoot today...

Last edited:
Was thinking about this earlier? When's the last time there was an elite team as young as OKC is? In my lifetime...I cannot recall a team that was top 2-3 in the league and had that young of a roster.
'95 Magic are the team that comes to mind immediately.

'95 Magic are the team that comes to mind immediately.
This is a 100% reach.... but maybe the 03-04, 04-05 Pacers.... Artest, JO, Harrington, S Jax were all 22-26, if  you exclude Reggie. I just don't know if yall think they were elite or whatev.... 

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought about Orlando but I know if you average it out OKC has to be younger. The oldest starter in OKC is Thabo at 28. Their oldest player period is Collison at 31. The rest of their bench is also very young.

Orlando had Tree Rollins on that team. I know he alone has to make them older on average.

Last edited:
And we have to see Woodson with a full season under his belt, Remeber atlanta? that team got the playoffs on talent alone every year ( JJ , M.Will, Al, J.Smith) and what happened? bounced every 2nd round.
What are you talking about? ATL only got to the playoffs on talent alone? Under Woodson they got better record wise every season under him as head coach.

The Knicks are better than the Pacers. I can only hope we see them in the 1st round.

Last edited:
I thought about Orlando but I know if you average it out OKC has to be younger. The oldest starter in OKC is Thabo at 28. Their oldest player period is Collison at 31. The rest of their bench is also very young.
Orlando had Tree Rollins on that team. I know he alone has to make them older on average.
OKC's average age was 27, I believe. Fisher was 37. Mohammed was 34. Ivey is 29.

Shaq & Penny were 23. Durant & Westbrook are 23. Sefolosha is 28, Nick Anderson was 27. Perkins is 27, Horace Grant was 29. Ibaka is 22, Donald Royal was 29. Harden is 22, Scott was 26.

It's not that much of a reach, especially when you consider that guys in the '90s were going to school for a minimum of 2 years, in most cases.

Last edited:
#4 in the West? Damn that's a huge jump the ESPN predictions I saw had the Wolves going 41-41.

The eastern conference they had ATL at #8 I think they miss out to Washington or Milwaukee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom