Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
what you guys think about the clippers? jamal crawford, grant hill, lamar odom, willie green, and ronny turiaf in. kenyon martin, reggie evans, and foye out.

if the lakers didnt get howard, jamison, and nash i would say they did damn good in the offseason. now just fire del negro..

Good thing ESPN is always wrong when determining the Grizz record lol.

Then, 3/4 through the season, they going to be calling us a dark horse contender again and act surprised about everything.

More NBA rookie photos

Air Jordans everywhere

Last edited:
LL

Jeez dude look gigantic, looks like he's bigger, and was 280 at the combine, looks bigger. :smh:

if he can play just a LITTLE, we are going to look back and say why exactly dude you draft the short fat undersized 2 in Dion waiters over a 280 pound 18 year old.

Last edited:
We will enter the season with:
Conley/Bayless/Wroten
Allen/Ellington/Selby
Gay/Pondexter
Randolph/Arthur
Gasol/Speights/Haddadi

:x

Looks like an 8th seed to me.
Nah, them other fringe west coast teams haven't improved enough for MEM to slip that far. IF Z-Bo and Rudy find a way to play at their best together MEM will be back at 5-6 seed.

Last edited:
Arnett Moultrie is going to be a STEAL for the Sixers. He's a perfect fit next to Bynum.

I also love all three of the Raptors rookies coming in. Those dudes should make the Raps a tougher team than they've been in years.

Last edited:
Thas right, get that regular season hype machine rollin so we can watch that annual May flame out. :pimp:

And we have to see Woodson with a full season under his belt, Remeber atlanta? that team got the playoffs on talent alone every year ( JJ , M.Will, Al, J.Smith) and what happened? bounced every 2nd round.
What are you talking about? ATL only got to the playoffs on talent alone? Under Woodson they got better record wise every season under him as head coach.

The Knicks are better than the Pacers. I can only hope we see them in the 1st round.

what did they do better last year, and what makes them better this season?? And I need real basketball reasons, not because you want them to be

How the hell are the Knicks better than the Pacers? There is NOTHING substantial to back that argument up. NOTHING.

Also, dude on the Nuggets really rocking #94? Might be the worst number ever on a basketball uniform.

*Calling it now. Royce White will be completely healthy two years from now, but will retire.

Have the Pacers really proven themselves to warrant any kind of faith that last seasons success will carry over ? Nope not imo

This isnt some perennial playoff team like the Celtics or a good team like the Bulls when healthy, its just the freakin Pacers who finished under 500 the season before their playoff ''run''.

I'd give the Knicks the edge because they were in disarray last season and Woodson seems like he's getting them to play better ball. They made some decent moves in the offseason with Camby, Felton, and Kidd so with a fresh start i dont see why they wouldnt finish ahead of the Pacers.

How the hell are the Knicks better than the Pacers? There is NOTHING substantial to back that argument up. NOTHING.
Also, dude on the Nuggets really rocking #94? Might be the worst number ever on a basketball uniform.
*Calling it now. Royce White will be completely healthy two years from now, but will retire.
Word to Tiki and Barry.

Side note about Royce, liked that he defended his teammate in Summer League.

And we have to see Woodson with a full season under his belt, Remeber atlanta? that team got the playoffs on talent alone every year ( JJ , M.Will, Al, J.Smith) and what happened? bounced every 2nd round.
What are you talking about? ATL only got to the playoffs on talent alone? Under Woodson they got better record wise every season under him as head coach.

The Knicks are better than the Pacers. I can only hope we see them in the 1st round.

what did they do better last year, and what makes them better this season?? And I need real basketball reasons, not because you want them to be
You talking about the Hawks or the Knicks?

I'll assume Knicks cuz Hawks didn't have Woodson coaching them. As for what we did better watch the 4 games played between the two teams and that's all you really need to see when it comes to what the Knicks do better than the Pacers. Far better on defense, more consistent on offense.

I couldn't care less about an end of the season record. In the playoffs we see them 1st or 2nd round and we win in 5 games, 6 at the most.

Last edited:
Very early but my quick projections.

East:
1) Miami
2) Boston
3) Indiana
4) Brooklyn
5) Philly
6) New York
7) Chicago (depends largely on how much D. Rose actually plays)
8) Milwaukee
9) Atlanta
10) Cleveland

West:
1) OKC
2) LAL
3) SA
4) LAC
5) Memphis
6) Denver
7) Minny
8) Utah
9) NOLA
10) Dallas

dont know why Bulls fans or anyone wants D rose to come back this season.

been saying it since the minute he got injured, if hes smart he just sits out the entire year.

what dude posted from ESPN was the insider one this is the forecast one
[table][tr][th=""]CONF[/th][th=""]TEAM[/th][th=""]W[/th][th=""]L[/th][th=""]PCT[/th][th=""]'12 W[/th][th=""]'12 L[/th][th=""]'12 PCT[/th][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Okla. City Thunder*[/td][td]59[/td][td]23[/td][td].720[/td][td]47[/td][td]19[/td][td].712[/td][/tr][tr][td]
okc.gif
@BeckleyMason: Prediction: Thunder are going to win 62+. Can't imagine any coasting from them after the Finals. Same reason Durant will be MVP. #NBApicks

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Los Angeles Lakers*[/td][td]59[/td][td]23[/td][td].720[/td][td]41[/td][td]25[/td][td].621[/td][/tr][tr][td]
lal.gif
@mtg_law_etc: The Lakers are unlikely, due to growing pains and age, to grab the 1-seed in the West, but that isn't their goal. #NBAPicks

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]San Antonio Spurs[/td][td]54[/td][td]28[/td][td].659[/td][td]50[/td][td]16[/td][td].758[/td][/tr][tr][td]
sas.gif
@BeckleyMason: Spurs expected to have the 3rd biggest drop in winning % in the West despite retaining their entire roster. Don't buy it. #NBApicks

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Los Angeles Clippers*[/td][td]50[/td][td]32[/td][td].610[/td][td]40[/td][td]26[/td][td].606[/td][/tr][tr][td]
lac.gif
@charliewiddoes: I like that the bar has been set at 50 wins for the #Clippers. Was their pace last year, is a good test for 2nd year improvement. #NBApicks

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Denver Nuggets*[/td][td]50[/td][td]32[/td][td].610[/td][td]38[/td][td]28[/td][td].576[/td][/tr][tr][td]
den.gif
@fosterdj: Denver was 19th in defensive efficiency last year. Andre Iguodala and Wilson Chandler will change that. 50 wins might be too low. #NBApicks

@milehigh_11: A full year of Chandler, Iggy, McGee, Faried, a healthy Gallo with a dash of Lawson = Explosive. #denvernuggets #NBApicks
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Memphis Grizzlies[/td][td]48[/td][td]34[/td][td].586[/td][td]41[/td][td]25[/td][td].621[/td][/tr][tr][td]
mem.gif
@BigL_17: #NBAPicks Grizzlies with another year of chemistry and an improving Mike Conley will be better than a 6th seed.

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Dallas Mavericks[/td][td]46[/td][td]36[/td][td].561[/td][td]36[/td][td]30[/td][td].545[/td][/tr][tr][td]
dal.gif

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Utah Jazz*[/td][td]41[/td][td]41[/td][td].500[/td][td]36[/td][td]30[/td][td].545[/td][/tr][tr][td]
uth.gif

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Minn. Timberwolves*[/td][td]41[/td][td]41[/td][td].500[/td][td]26[/td][td]40[/td][td].394[/td][/tr][tr][td]
min.gif
@PDWolves: I'd love to complain about ESPN predicting 41-41 for the Wolves, but that'd be their best record (by 8 wins) since 2005. #NBApicks

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]G.S. Warriors[/td][td]38[/td][td]44[/td][td].463[/td][td]23[/td][td]43[/td][td].348[/td][/tr][tr][td]
gsw.gif
@fosterdj: Golden State has the firepower, but playoff hopes hinge almost fully on Andrew Bogut's health. Gutless defensive team without him. #NBApicks

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Portland Trail Blazers[/td][td]35[/td][td]47[/td][td].427[/td][td]28[/td][td]38[/td][td].424[/td][/tr][tr][td]
por.gif
@chosenray: A 35-47 prediction for the Blazers. Sadly, I fear that might be too generous. Already praying for a miracle in the 2013 lottery. #NBApicks

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Houston Rockets[/td][td]33[/td][td]49[/td][td].402[/td][td]34[/td][td]32[/td][td].515[/td][/tr][tr][td]
hou.gif

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]New Orleans Hornets[/td][td]31[/td][td]51[/td][td].383[/td][td]21[/td][td]45[/td][td].318[/td][/tr][tr][td]
nor.gif
@pmeredith77: With the additions of Ryan Anderson, Austin Rivers, Anthony Davis, and locking up Monty Williams, 31 wins might be too low. #NBApicks

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Phoenix Suns[/td][td]30[/td][td]52[/td][td].366[/td][td]33[/td][td]33[/td][td].500[/td][/tr][tr][td]
pho.gif
@SherwoodStrauss: Suns have 30 wins in #NBAPicks. My question: Where are the extra 15 wins coming from?

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Sacramento Kings[/td][td]29[/td][td]53[/td][td].354[/td][td]22[/td][td]44[/td][td].333[/td][/tr][tr][td]
sac.gif
@JohannPaddl: ESPN has Kings dead last. Still 7 more Ws than last year. Can't believe I managed to put a positive spin to that... #HowBadAreWe #NBApicks

Join the discussion »
 [/td][/tr][/table]
* -- Teams tied in win totals ordered by decimal rankings from our experts' predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom