Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from the coaching position, where did they get better at? Kidd and Felton replaced Lin and Baron Davis. The lost Shumpert for the season. And I would say that saying the Pacers overachieved is hyperbole as well, there is no basis for that. They have high quality players across the board. They defend and rebound well at every position, and got deeper at key positions in the offseason

You already proved they got better by replacing a point guard and a half, with 2 actual pg's...Baron was done from day 1 so im almost positive Kidd wiill do better than him by default. Even if you think LIN was light years ahead of Felton that doesnt change the fact that Felt/Kidd are better than Lin/BD.

Also added Camby who is an actual 7 footer who can grab a few boards and stop the layup line while Tyson gets a breather. Not a blockbuster move but a competent backup will make ANY team better.

Its not a stretch at all to say the Pacers overachieved last year, anybody that thought Indy would have the 5th best record in the entire league wouldve been looked at as a foolish homer at the very least. And they were under 500 just the season before last so that 5th best record reeks of overachieving imo so please stop acting like the Pacers are a lock for anything.

But expecting the team with the 13th best record to all of a sudden put it all together and overtake 4 or 5 teams in the standings isnt unrealistic? And yeah, Vogel had high expectations after the way he finished the season after taking over for Jim OBrian in 2011

So now that the lakers shipped YOLO all the bad about him comes out :lol: y'all lakers fans man :lol:

He doesn't have to change his game much at all.. He eliminates the one thing that made scoring a more difficult problem last year.. Is that he had to create his own shots, and waste a lot of energy doing so..
And trying to get both Gasol & Bynum started is comical.. It's really difficult when Bynum thinks he deserves 20 shots a game (good luck with that by the way.. And if he doesn't dominate the ball in the low post.. He throws tantrums and quits on defense).. Then renders Pau useless at the same time because Bynum clogs the paint, and can play nowhere else on the floor on offense. Not to mention when you feed Bynum, the double team zeros in and the entire offense is screwed. He doesn't pass out of the double team.. He forces a shot. Or he travels.
And with no traditional Point Guard (which the triangle masked Fisher's awfulness for a few years).. You have two bigs who can't co-exist... And Kobe being the #1 scorer, and no one to find him for his shot, he has to create his own shot out of thin air. Along with P&R between Nash and Howard/Pau will dominate the office, and looks to be extremely effective.
Kobe's job goes from managing the unmanageable to only having to be in his spots and wait for Nash to hit him.
His shot total will still hover around 20 a night, but rather that have to pump fake 360 pivot under the defender off the glass to make a shot (because no one was capable of finding him for a shot).. He can get off screens, catch at the elbow or top of the key and shoot.
As for Dwight & Andrew they had .1 shot per game difference last year, and 2% usage rate difference last year.

Wait....what? The problem Kobe had last year is he had to create his own shots? That's what Kobe does and has done his entire career. You just made my point....unless Nash's game falls off a cliff then Kobe is going to have make serious changes to his game. Dwight's in the prime of his career, Nash just had maybe his best season of his career and Gasol showed in the Olympics that he still is a dominating power forward. I have a feeling that at some point during the year that Kobe is going to have to sit out like 10 games and the Lakers will be killing during that period and then everybody will be talking about if the Lakers are better without Kobe like what happened when Melo went down for the Knicks this past year. That Nash-Gasol-Dwight trio should be $$$$$ from the start.

Can't wait for the season to start. So many storylines, y'all knick fans are wilin out tho. 5th/6th seed at best.

Kobe is still gonna have the same style of play he's had his whole career. With Nash there, certain things on offense may come easier & it may run smoother at times, but at the end of the day I still see Kobe iso'ing & looking to create his own shot. Nash will have an impact on making the offense better & setting people up, but he won't have an impact to where Kobe's game is gonna change that drastically. :nerd:

Nash will help Kobe. But Nash will be more important for Gasol and Howard then anyone else.

Kobe would still be Kobe with Smush Parker or Rondo.

Lakers need a 3pt shooter though. Artest isn't gonna cut it

Nash will help Kobe. But Nash will be more important for Gasol and Howard then anyone else.

Jodie Meeks..

Artest is still in LA 1. Because no one wants his crazy *** :rofl: 2. Brings defensive intensity..

And just in terms of what the Lakers need.. They need someone to just bring it full intensity on defense with that starting 5. More than a scorer when they already are chalk full of those.

Last edited:

they got meeks from philly didnt they

I don't like Jeff in Boston. Was hoping the Wizards could have gotten him but before they made the deal for Okafor/Ariza.

Don't know how you guys can't sit here and say Kobe won't or can't adjust his game with Nash. It's the best PG he's ever played with. The problem with the Lakers over the last couple years is that there was no one that could create their own shot, or shots for others, even with his ball hogging ways he's led the team in assists the last 8 seasons or so. So in addition to being the primary scorer, he's had to create for others. He now has the luxury of being the finisher that he needs to be instead of the initiator, creator, and bail out option at the end of the shot clock. Now will he let the game come easier, who knows, but he hasn't had the luxury he has now. Bean has adjusted his game as he's gotten older, I'm sure having a wealth of options and a real PG is going to make his life a lot easier, but we'll see.

Jeff Green with the wizards would have been great pre ariza trade, he would've been a great fit with john wall.

BK Nets jerseys got leaked. Dreadful, looking like a cross between the Spurs and an Eastbay template jersey. :x :smh: :x

Those don't look bad at all. Much better than the fakes that were going around a couple months ago.

Honestly as a Laker fan I've never had the slightest problem with his attitude

The only times it was a problem was when he went IDGAF like against Barea (more cause it was disgraceful), and one time he got ejected last year for trash-talking the Houston bench

Never saw any problem with his comments that people made big deals about or his YOLO three

^ To me it wasnt really that big of a deal but just the little stuff dude would say like "Its bank in every city" "I dont care where I play". I cant lie, I laughed at some of it but at the same time its like grow up man be professional. At the end of the day Im still a fan of his. I hope he lives up to his potential in Philly cuz he can dominate in the east if he wants to.

Last edited:
That is professional. There is a bank in every city. You're just used to everyone saying "I want to be a Laker for life. LA is my home yadda yadda PC *******t"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom