Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Executive76: You gotta love having Masai Ujiri as a GM. A major NBA team should be throwing the bank at him to lead their FO.

Chicago Bulls: I'm taking the Washington Stras approach on this, err on the side of extreme caution with Pooh. It's okay if he doesn't play the whole year as long as D. Rose is 110% fit for the next time he steps on the court competitively. I doubt Thibs would want to risk his star cornerstone long-term. Is there a short-term way for Chicago to clean out Boozer's contract completely while moving Deng for valuable assets?

:lol: You guys hatin' on Tiago Splitter worse than SAS. Dude was legitimately laughing for minutes during that segment. Slightly unprofessional but still completely hilarious.

For the record, I'm still going OKC to win the West. Too much youthful energy, athleticism, explosiveness, and valuable playoff experience gained from the most recent run. LAL second. Gotta give some grace period for Nash, D12, MWP, Kobe, and Pau to mesh and gel cohesively. Success takes time. People really believe the Lakers are going to win the West in their first season together? SA a close third, team basketball and Pop's a genius. Only HC I'm taking over Doc in the NBA.

what do the knicks past 11 year history in the playoffs have to do with this team tho?

exactly. and everyone has an opinion. there is no facts and no evidence to back anything because each year is a new year and anything can happen

the spurs have been a playoff failure since 2007. That is half a decade ago. They are irrelevant now. Nice season records but that is all.

So how close did Dwyane Wade come to becoming a Chicago Bull in July 2010? Close enough that the decision tugged at his heartstrings.

Appearing on Chicago Tribune Live on Comcast SportsNet Chicago, in advance of his Wade's World fundraising weekend in Chicago, the Miami Heat All-Star guard spoke of the emotional pull of his hometown team during free agency two summers ago.

"It was very tough," he said. "It was one of the hardest decisions I had to make in my life."

Wade visited with the Bulls in Chicago the first week of July 2010 along with then-Toronto Raptors free-agent forward Chris Bosh, with the two sharing common representation. That meeting came shortly after the Bulls met with then-Cleveland Cavaliers free agent LeBron James.

"As anyone knows, I'm a Chicago guy and I grew up idolizing the Chicago Bulls, idolizing Michael Jordan and wanting to wear that jersey," Wade said. "So the day I went for the Chicago visit and they gave me my No. 3 jersey, I mean, that day messed me up.

"I went back home and I had the jersey on and, I mean, I turned into a kid again."

Wade said it was a transcendent moment.

"I'm in the mirror with the jersey on," he said, "and I'm envisioning, I'm thinking, 'This can happen.'

"So I went through the process."

Instead, Wade decided to return to the Heat, with Bosh and James joining him in South Florida, the three advancing to the 2011 NBA Finals and then winning the 2012 NBA championship this past June.

"The opportunity in Miami, if anybody don't understand, it became greater, but it was later," Wade said.

Just to piss off cake wherever he is

i hate when these stupid stories come out, oh Kobe was almost a maverick. Wade was almost a Bull, Lebron was almost a Bobcat. Who gives a damn

Wade is giving the media a lot of quotes lately, just trying to stay relevant I suppose.

Last edited:
Last time I check la hasnt made much noise in the playoffs...

So how close did Dwyane Wade come to becoming a Chicago Bull in July 2010? Close enough that the decision tugged at his heartstrings.

Appearing on Chicago Tribune Live on Comcast SportsNet Chicago, in advance of his Wade's World fundraising weekend in Chicago, the Miami Heat All-Star guard spoke of the emotional pull of his hometown team during free agency two summers ago.

"It was very tough," he said. "It was one of the hardest decisions I had to make in my life."

Wade visited with the Bulls in Chicago the first week of July 2010 along with then-Toronto Raptors free-agent forward Chris Bosh, with the two sharing common representation. That meeting came shortly after the Bulls met with then-Cleveland Cavaliers free agent LeBron James.

"As anyone knows, I'm a Chicago guy and I grew up idolizing the Chicago Bulls, idolizing Michael Jordan and wanting to wear that jersey," Wade said. "So the day I went for the Chicago visit and they gave me my No. 3 jersey, I mean, that day messed me up.

"I went back home and I had the jersey on and, I mean, I turned into a kid again."

"I'm in the mirror with the jersey on," he said, "and I'm envisioning, I'm thinking, 'This can happen.'

Instead, Wade decided to return to the Heat, with Bosh and James joining him in South Florida, the three advancing to the 2011 NBA Finals and then winning the 2012 NBA championship this past June.

"The opportunity in Miami, if anybody don't understand, it became greater, but it was later," Wade said.

wade the {} is lying

This dude Do be doo is the biggest troll i have ever seen. ever.. it's the worst thing i have ever seen, on the level of zo dogg or cole world.

You refer to espn analysts as backup to your claims.. ESPN analysts, the worst nba analysts on the planet..
Tiago ******g splitter isn't stopping gasol. Howard will eat alive tim duncan (at this point in his career, but i have the utmost respect for him)
Kobe is killin anybody on that team.
not to mention nash will get his as well..

Lakers vs okc in the conf finals. book it.

Spurs have never repeated. Lakers had a three peat, and repeat championships. Spurs havent won since 06. Lakers won in 2010, who hasn't made noise?? I think spurs.

You are a troll..

Last edited:
This dude Do be doo is the biggest troll i have ever seen. ever.. it's the worst thing i have ever seen, on the level of zo dogg or cole world.

You refer to espn analysts as backup to your claims.. ESPN analysts, the worst nba analysts on the planet..
Tiago ******g splitter isn't stopping gasol. Howard will eat alive tim duncan (at this point in his career, but i have the utmost respect for him)
Kobe is killin anybody on that team.
not to mention nash will get his as well..

Lakers vs okc in the conf finals. book it.

Spurs have never repeated. Lakers had a three peat, and repeat championships. Spurs havent won since 06. Lakers won in 2012, who hasn't made noise?? I think spurs.

You are a troll..

The Heat didnt win in 2012?

The Mavericks owner said Tuesday that the team is actually better off with Williams not on the roster.

“In hindsight, I don’t know if I would have been happy,” Cuban, a guest on the Ben and Skin Show on 103.3 [KESN-FM], said of the possibility of inking Williams to a long-term, maximum contract. “I think we’re in better position now then we would’ve been if we’d gotten him.”

Wait. What?

“I don’t want to pick on Deron Williams because he’s a great, great, great, great player, so it’s not necessarily him per se,” Cuban said. “Obviously the decision was to go for him. But the conversation was, ‘OK, once you take $17.1 million in salary to what we have with Dirk and [Shawn Marion], then what do you do?’ That’s your squad. And it’s not just your squad for this year, it’s your squad for next year, other than the $3.3 million mini mid-level [exception].

“So, that was a challenge that we had because we want to win. Everybody talks about Dirk’s window, but not only would it have been difficult to add players, it also would have been difficult to trade players. In reality, that was the same problem that Deron had. Because he looked and saw the same thing and said, ‘Now what are you going to do?’”

Cuban been sounding like a fool recently

Shut up, Wade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom