Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Emerick: "Rajon Rondo recently said that he's the NBA's top point guard. What are your thoughts on that, and where do you think you rank among all the point guards in the NBA?"

Mario Chalmers: "He's not the best, but he's in the top five. There are a lot of great point guards in the league, Deron Williams, Chris Paul and Steve Nash. There are a lot of great guards in the NBA so for him to say he's the best is a pretty bold statement. I'd say that I [Mario Chalmers] am in the front end of the top 10."

Peter Emerick: "By the end of your career will you be able to say that you are the best point guard in the NBA?"

Mario Chalmers: "If not the best, than at least one of the best."

Link

Last edited:
Peter Emerick: "Rajon Rondo recently said that he's the NBA's top point guard. What are your thoughts on that, and where do you think you rank among all the point guards in the NBA?"

Mario Chalmers: "He's not the best, but he's in the top five. There are a lot of great point guards in the league, Deron Williams, Chris Paul and Steve Nash. There are a lot of great guards in the NBA so for him to say he's the best is a pretty bold statement. I'd say that I [Mario Chalmers] am in the front end of the top 10."

Peter Emerick: "By the end of your career will you be able to say that you are the best point guard in the NBA?"

Mario Chalmers: "If not the best, than at least one of the best."

Link

mario back on that loud i see... fam isnt in the top 10 or top 15 might not make the top 20

& fam didnt metion derrick L.N.B.Q. in my 2 chainz voice

Rio sure is confident for a guy that gets yelled out every other time down the floor by his teammates.

Rio sure is confident for a guy that gets yelled out every other time down the floor by his teammates.

I actually like his abilities on the court, aside from being a spot up shooter. He has a good handle and pretty good court vision, a nice stroke and finished well at the rim, but he is definitely not elite. I definitely think that Bron/Wade/Bosh are doing more harm than good by publicly berating him all the time

Yea, rio might not even crack the top 20. I was thinkin of some of the 2nd-tier PGs in the league: calderon, lowry,dragic, lawson, wall, conley, lin,jennings, collison; he's easily behind all of these guys and only 1 of them might be in the top 10

Yea, rio might not even crack the top 20. I was thinkin of some of the 2nd-tier PGs in the league: calderon, lowry,dragic, lawson, wall, conley, lin,jennings, collison; he's easily behind all of these guys and only 1 of them might be in the top 10

the problem is that we never actually get to see his abilities because Wade and Bron dominate the ball so much, he is relegated to the 4th option. I think he has the potential to be very good

Rio was a beast game 4 and 5 when we thought putting KD on him was going to stop or limit him. He hit the big go ahead shot in game 5 when Russ reached and Ibaka failed to commit. I ain't even mad at his confidence.

Last edited:
mario back on that loud i see... fam isnt in the top 10 or top 15 might not make the top 20
& fam didnt metion derrick L.N.B.Q. in my 2 chainz voice
lmao mario b on dat loud?

u think he dont? :lol:

Mario Chalmers is nice. Thats all ill say about that.

Yup. Diminish him all you want. Heat could do much worse. I think he's pretty damn good and have thought that for a few years.

I'm disgusted by the cronyism and revolving door policies of the NBA. How does layden get an interview with one of the best run organizations in the NBA?

HOW?

He destroyed my beloved Knicks. He was the first. The true disaster. The one that brought the doom.

Reference that, I was amazed to find out Hennigan went from completely green intern to a GM in only 4 yrs. I would sell my house and scale my lifestyle back a bit to be an intern if I could move up the ranks that quickly. I don't know how much those guys make, but assume it's a nice chunk of change.

And the Thunder aren't looking at Redd. We already have 16 players and will have to cut someone and still pay them, plus we have 2 "shooters" in Daequan Cook and Hollis Thompson, and maybe Hayward is supposed to be 1 too. I don't know what he does or was bought here for really, but no chance we are really looking at Redd. We are satisfied going into battle with a top 2 big 4, 4 solid role players, and a group of guys who haven't even proven they should be in the NBA. :x

RIP to the Spurs if they hire Scott Layden as asst. GM. Be prepared to eventually draft euros that won't come to the team, trade your best assets for the likes of Greg Oden, Carlos Boozer, and Aaron Brooks, and then sign Ginobli to a 100 mil contract.

Trade Tim Duncan, gary Neal, 2013 and 2015 first round picks for Kevin Martin, a second round pick and a foreigner to be named at a later date

Done

Scalabrine In Line To Join Bulls Coaching Staff
Aug 28, 2012 10:45 AM EDT

Brian Scalabrine is a favorite to join the Bulls coaching staff for the upcoming season, according to a source.

Scalabrine would take the place of Rick Brunson, who left Chicago for a position with the Bobcats last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom