Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think Chalmers is top 10..

my top ten is
1. CP3
2. D-Will
3. Rondo
4. Rose
5. Westbrook
6. Tony Parker
7. Steve Nash
8. Rubio
9. Kyrie Irving (He'll be the best point guard in the league about 2 years though)
10. John wall
11. Ty lawson
etc..

Hell he's in the bottom ten in my opinion.

my top ten is
1. CP3
2. D-Will
3. Rondo
4. Rose
5. Westbrook
6. Tony Parker
7. Steve Nash
8. Rubio
9. Kyrie Irving (He'll be the best point guard in the league about 2 years though)
10. John wall
11. Ty lawson
etc..

pretty much :lol: the only reason hes starting on that team is cause hes cheap :lol:

John Wall shouldn't be anywhere near top 10 lists at his position until he shows he can be a winning player and actually make NBA jumpshots. I do think he's in line to have a huge season this year where his team could make the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed, but until then he shouldn't be ahead of Jrue Holiday who's been in the playoffs all three years he's been in the league and was a game away from the Conference Finals at just 21 years old. Holiday's stats just don't do him justice because Iguodala thought he was LeBronDala on some nights and KobeDala on others, Lou would bring up the ball and go iso or Turner would also play some point. This year Holiday should see a big improvement in his statline with Iggy and Lou gone, a legit big man to go to in the post and for the first time in his career he actually has shooters (J-Rich, D-Wright, Nick Young).

We're not talking about how good those other PGs are, just how bad Mario is :lol:

You're bugging Buc.. How was the _ spose to prove he's a winning player in his first 2 seasons playing with that Wizards squad?? :rofl:

If he had the Sixers roster these past 2 years he'd be even better than he is now.. I like Jrue too, but he aint messin with Wall

"Too real" sex talk connects with rookies

Tony Gaskins is a former college football player and current Christian motivational speaker who preaches, among other things, about the perils of pre-marital sex. He stood before a room of 60-or-so players at the NBA Rookie Transition Program on Sunday.

And he told them in no uncertain terms to either be monogamous, or abstinent.

It's the kind of talk he has given many times, to many groups. (He also spoke to NBA rookies in 2010.) He is accustomed to a mix of reactions.

Here's what may surprise you about the NBA class of 2012: They loved it.

But don't take his word for it. Listen to the players themselves, who told their own version of events on Twitter after Gaskins spoke.

Young Sun Kendall Marshall said "I'm turnin my playa card in."

Blazer top pick Damian Lillard declared: "This man @TonyGaskins is too real. Y'all need to get up on him. He just changed my life. #realrap"

Harrison Barnes, Darius Johnson-Odom, Draymond Green, Jared Sullinger, Andre Drummond and Quincy Acy all tweeted similarly.

And then there's the subject matter. "I keep it," Gaskins told me by phone, "really real."

"The mindset with a lot of guys," Gaskins says, "is I'm the man, I make all the money, she knows I'm going to cheat and that's that."

What that scheme ignores, Gaskins says, is that things inevitably get complicated: "If she's letting you cheat, nine times out of ten she's cheating too. You're out of town and she's spending your money on another man, who is scheming to take her from you."

What he preaches instead is that a player focus all his romantic effort on his high-school sweetheart, the woman he has always trusted most, taking the much more difficult, but ultimately more rewarding path of building a real marriage.

Link

John Wall shouldn't be anywhere near top 10 lists at his position until he shows he can be a winning player and actually make NBA jumpshots. I do think he's in line to have a huge season this year where his team could make the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed, but until then he shouldn't be ahead of Jrue Holiday who's been in the playoffs all three years he's been in the league and was a game away from the Conference Finals at just 21 years old. Holiday's stats just don't do him justice because Iguodala thought he was LeBronDala on some nights and KobeDala on others, Lou would bring up the ball and go iso or Turner would also play some point. This year Holiday should see a big improvement in his statline with Iggy and Lou gone, a legit big man to go to in the post and for the first time in his career he actually has shooters (J-Rich, D-Wright, Nick Young).

I can rock with that.

Back in highschool we won valley and made it to state, and jrue holidays team beat us by 25 and he was walking up and down the court laughing and hitting every three :lol:

Scalabrine In Line To Join Bulls Coaching Staff
Aug 28, 2012 10:45 AM EDT
Brian Scalabrine is a favorite to join the Bulls coaching staff for the upcoming season, according to a source.
Scalabrine would take the place of Rick Brunson, who left Chicago for a position with the Bobcats last month.
as soon as i read this news i remember one of the funniest gif about white mamba :rofl: pretty sure he can be great coach :lol:
j1FjZAYgUtxJx_e.jpg

Reads post.....looks at avy.....shakes head......keeps it moving

Straight up though, Chalmers can barely get the ball up the court half the time if he's being guarded by anyone decent. Augistin, Felton, Hinrich, Jameer Nelson >>>> Chalmers.

my top ten is
1. Rose
2. CP3
3. D-Will
4.Westbrook
5.Rondo
6. Tony Parker
7. Steve Nash
8. Rubio
10. John wall
11. Ty lawson
etc..

pretty much :lol: the only reason hes starting on that team is cause hes cheap :lol:

+1

I love Kyrie...but dudes been tripping ever since that video of him crossing the USA team dropped.

Was any of ya'll saying he'd be the best PG in 2 years during the season last year?

I love Kyrie...but dudes been tripping ever since that video of him crossing the USA team dropped.
Was any of ya'll saying he'd be the best PG in 2 years during the season last year?

I was a fan of his back at Duke :lol:
So I actually did think the kid had a chance to be great.
His scoring/and court vision are nice, and he's only going to get better.
Either Cleaveland needs to add some more talent, or he'll bounce from there.
Time will tell though.

Rondo is top 2.

Don't know when people are going to quit overrating John Wall based on his 'superstar potential' and 'leadership ability', neither of which he has shown any of the past two years. At the moment he's an above-average starting point guard, nothing more.

For me, it would be

CP3/Rose
Rondo
Deron
Westbrook
Parker
Kyrie
Nash
Then probably Ty Lawson, Rubio, Wall, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom