Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad KG didn't retire, Celtics are still a top 4 team in the East as long as him, Pierce and Rondo are still together. I wonder what impact this will have on Ray Allen's future.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

The Atlantic division might be the toughest in the whole league next year.
I'm pretty sure the Southwest division will continue to hold that title. The weakest team in the division just got Anthony Davis and Austin Rivers 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

How is the Deron/Dwight to the Mavs a media pipe dream and unrealistic? Sign Deron this year. Hand out no long-term deals to anyone else, ride out a year and you have room for another max deal next year. It's not unrealistic at all. It's rather simple, really. Will they win a title next season, no. But they're a significantly better team than the Nets would/will be next year with Deron.
What if Deron chooses Brooklyn, so does Kidd, and Nash goes back to Toronto? Any idea what's the plan, then?
Sign Jameer Nelson?

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

How is the Deron/Dwight to the Mavs a media pipe dream and unrealistic? Sign Deron this year. Hand out no long-term deals to anyone else, ride out a year and you have room for another max deal next year. It's not unrealistic at all. It's rather simple, really. Will they win a title next season, no. But they're a significantly better team than the Nets would/will be next year with Deron.
What if Deron chooses Brooklyn, so does Kidd, and Nash goes back to Toronto? Any idea what's the plan, then?
Sign Jameer Nelson?

sick.gif
 they're better making a trade for a darren collinson or kyle lowry

We'll see what happens. All sources are pointing to Deron staying in Brooklyn. I feel like you guys are vastly overrating the Mav roster especially to say they're significantly better than the Nets. Dirk's stats took a dip in all categories last year and he's already 34. He's going to be 36 by the time the "plan" is supposed to be in place. Same thing with Shawn Marion - major dip statistically. I just don't see it happening.

I'm not sure Deron'll be happy with another year of one year contracts hoping that Dwight doesn't flake like he did last year. Atleast the Nets can sell Deron on a young roster with the excuse that the Nets were KILLED by injuries last year. Mavs were basically at full strength last year and ended up .500 and got swept in the playoffs.

You're right, though. It's a little more realistic than I thought if they sign one year deals. (the Nets can do the same thing, although I'm hearing they aren't willing to do that)

Originally Posted by Shox23

Sign Jameer Nelson?

sick.gif
Naw B, they can have George Hill

We need Deron to stay and lakers need and athletic point Swingman how about this Pau Gasol And Sessions for Iguodala and lou williams

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Deron is staying in Brooklyn and Bill Simmons persuaded me that Nash is going to Toronto.
laugh.gif

Nets will also get Kidd

dirk on the downside(if you want to call it that) is still better then anything the nets can offer

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

382485_10150915961923995_1402073398_n.jpg
Jones 3
smokin.gif

pimp.gif

i see what he did there..... the 3rd
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

he also looks like....

28me1hk.png

as for the deron issue, deron isnt going to DAL why..... because d12 isnt going to DAL....they wanna play with eachother (pause
laugh.gif
) gonna have to be in BK

This is exactly what's going to happen but no Mavs fan will believe a word of it til it happens. They sound like spoiled brats who have everything go their way. Dudes gonna end up spending all their money on Dragic, Lou Williams and Batum.

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by Shox23

Sign Jameer Nelson?
sick.gif
Naw B, they can have George Hill
You value Collinson more than Hill? That's a bit crazy to me.

The Mavs ending up spending their money on Dragic or Lowry is not a bad thing at all. Especially Dragic, but if it gets to that Cuban should think of rebuilding through trades and then the draft. Make everyone available but Dirk, not that I think you can get much from what's left on that team.

strong class="quote-title">Zyzz wrote:
indifferent.gif

they took them to game 7 with Pierce hurting, allen playing like complete trash, bradley out, and a horrible bench
roll.gif

you guys are delusional. as long as Rondo is Rondo, Garnett even be 50% of the player he was this year, Pierce healthy, maybe some decent signings and add Mayo. They will be in the ECF against the Heat again and maybe head to the finals. They will be a better team next season, just watch.

Cause the Heat were 100% healthy too right?

They took the Heat to a 7th game because they exploited a mismatch that was created by the Miami's injury. Once Bosh came back and his role increased, Garnett was a ghost and they were sent home

And like I said before, its not asking a lot.for Rose to even be 80% of what he was by playoff time, and an 80% rose led Chicago team beats them because they're better defensively and MUCH MUCH better on the glass and KG and Pierce don't have a matchup advantage.

They're out in the second round next year.

Buc em, no one has been confident that the Mavs are getting Deron, I definitely haven't

But. It's what the Mavs have been working to get done since last offseason. That's clear as day.

Seriously....if DWill, Dwight and Kidd go to the Nets and Nash goes to the Raptors then what do you Mavs fans see as their backup plan? Eric Gordon I think will either be a Hornet, Pacer or Sixer so that's not an option, Lou Will, Dragic and Batum will just go wherever gives them the most money and you're just setting yourself up for mediocrity by giving all three huge contracts and Illyasova doesn't really fit since they have Dirk. So what the hell do you do then? You have basically no tradeable assets besides Dirk, no young talent besides Cunningham and Roddy B (who both play the same position) and your franchise player is about to be 35.

BucEm
laugh.gif
He's flat out wrong about everything all the time.

If Deron stays in Brooklyn the Mavs basically turn to Nash or the trade market... You're a brain dead moron if you think they'll blow cap space and commit themselves long-term to building around Dragic and Lou Williams. They're not run by morons.

This plan falls through, you stay the course and don't sacrifice cap space on marginal players.

So its basically Deron Williams or mediocrity? *shrugs*

Basically if teams in the West arent building to BEAT the Thunder than they are throwing money down the drain.

Thats whats so shocking about the Lakers, they have to get younger, faster, deeper and better in a matter of 2 years

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Alright, the Buc Em slander, I'm fine with.

The Dragic slander? Stop it.
I'm saying. Grouping Dragic with Lou Williams and Batum?

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

So its basically Deron Williams or mediocrity? *shrugs*

Basically if teams in the West arent building to BEAT the Thunder than they are throwing money down the drain.

Thats whats so shocking about the Lakers, they have to get younger, faster, deeper and better in a matter of 2 years

its hard to find those "6'4"-"6'9" who can create their own shot, slash, hits 3's, and defend on the perimeter 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom