Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hawks are blowing up their team for short contracts and young players, they wouldn't trade Josh Smith for Pau Gasol.

its only preseason dude

I was waiting on that.

I'm not saying its all going to translate to the NBA, but the guy is looking like he's clearly better than any competition he faces. He out shined Beal and Kemba the past two games. He's an interesting prospect because he can definitely score. He also put on some weight this off-season and seems to have a high motor. He presses his opponent, gets a lot of steals and never seems to get tired. He has all the tools to be at least a good 6th man in the league. Perfect for what Memphis needs.

former #1 HS player
completely killing summer league (including dropping 35 on Beal)
killed the d league last season
murdered the summer circuit during last year's lockout

if he has the opportunity to let loose in Memphis, there's no doubt he will be a big time scorer off the bench.

well its a good thing that doesn't tell the whole story.
i wouldn't put Russ in front of Rondo.

nor parker and rose.. yeah rose was a former mvp, but that means nothing. it was last season. and rondo has been a very good player and plays both ways. besides there is a difference between a scoring pg and a distributing pg.. and russ and rose and scorers.. rondo is a assist man..

last time i checked that's what a pg is supposed to do

i agree with you on your Westbrook and Rose points but i feel Parker can accomplish the same productivity assist wise as Rondo while still be an offensive factor.

Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol seem, at least on the surface, to have a complicated relationship. Bryant knows that he would not have won the two championships in 2009 and 2010 without Gasol. But Gasol’s problems with toughness and consistency in the playoffs the past two seasons has created a level of frustration. Bryant has publicly and reportedly privately challenged Gasol to bring more and been disappointed with what has wound up on the floor.

But in a media appearance in Barcelona with Team USA, Bryant stuck up for Gasol, telling reporters:

Kobe, answering a question from a Spanish reporter about Pau’s status with the Lakers: “As long as I’m there, he’s going to be there.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-he-is/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I fail to see what's so funny. You played against Westbrook before? You've played D against Westbrook before? I doubt it but yeah, go ahead and laugh...

All i'm saying is that from experience, he seems to be taller than 6'3.

Last edited:
really dude?? pass first point guards are as underrated as possible.. especially with pg's like westbrook and rose, who are looking for their own shot first

This glitchy *** new forum won't let my other posts show up but you do know you're posting Rondo/CP3's playoff stats right?

Lol the classic "I've stood next to him and you haven't" rebuttal.
Shut up man.

Stood next to him? Nah fam, played against him plenty of times. (SAC center, UCLA every summer except for this one) He had more than 3 inches on me and i'm a legit 6 feet.

So unless you have that same experience, you shut up...

really dude?? pass first point guards are as underrated as possible.. especially with pg's like westbrook and rose, who are looking for their own shot first
It is how their teams are setup. When you surround them with more or better scoring options, they can play more pass first. The PG of the last team to win a title, not only isn't a pass first pg, doesn't even handle the ball much. He's more of the "spot up shooter, at most bring the ball up and dribble hand off to my scorers" type of pg. Didn't stop the Heat from winning a title. Conventional position roles in general are overrated and obsolete.

Cp3 is a new era Isah Tomas and that's saying a lot
rondo and dwill not on that level yet Westbrook reminds me
Of smush parker with a shot

Cp3 is a new era Isah Tomas and that's saying a lot
rondo and dwill not on that level yet Westbrook reminds me
Of smush parker with a shot

man what?

I'd like to see a Gentlemen's Small Forward discussion, if you ask me.

rudy gay > all

idc idc idc idc

But, really...outside of 1) Lebron and 2) KD, how would you all order 3-5 or 3-10?

My list would be:

1st tier
1) Lebron
2) KD

2nd tier
3) Melo
4) Pierce

3rd tier
5) Gay
6) Iguodala
7) Granger
8) Crash
9) Gallo
10) Deng

Next season, I see Pierce possibly dropping into the 3rd tier and for Gallo to move up in the 3rd tier. And the homer in me likes to think that Rudy could make a jump to the 2nd tier, but it probably won't happen. I think he may end up separating himself from the other 3rd tier guards a little more along wtih Gallo since those are the two youngest in that crop.

Last edited:

A pass first point guard hasn't won a championship as the best player on their team in over 20 years.

And you can make a damn good argument Zeke was a scoring point.

I'm biased but I think that Shawn Marion is a top 10 SF.

The only SF in league that plays better defense is Iggy.

Last edited:
rudy gay > all
idc idc idc idc
But, really...outside of 1) Lebron and 2) KD, how would you all order 3-5 or 3-10?
My list would be:
1st tier
1) Lebron
2) KD
2nd tier
3) Melo
4) Pierce
3rd tier
5) Gay
6) Iguodala
7) Granger
8) Crash
9) Gallo
10) Deng
Next season, I see Pierce possibly dropping into the 3rd tier and for Gallo to move up in the 3rd tier. And the homer in me likes to think that Rudy could make a jump to the 2nd tier, but it probably won't happen. I think he may end up separating himself from the other 3rd tier guards a little more along wtih Gallo since those are the two youngest in that crop.

Honest question, but why does Melo deserve to be 2nd tier? I think there is a HUGE drop-off after Lebron/KD. I don't even think anyone after those two deserve to be in a 2nd tier. The drop-off is THAT drastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom